September 2017 Moms

Ultrasounds

This is the place to post your ultrasound pics! Let's see those little poppy seeds, apples seeds, beans, etc.
**Don't forget to crop out personally identifying information such as your name, doctor's name, and practice name and / or hospital name!!** Posts can only be edited for one month and pics cannot be deleted after that point.

*Borrowed from August 17.*
*** TW ***
Me 31, DH 30
Married: 07/2014, TTC since 12/2015
BFP #1: 1/1/16, MC 1/14/16 (6 weeks), D&C 2/5/16 (9 weeks)
BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
BFP #3: 12/24/16  EDD 09/04/2017
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ultrasounds

• @BumpAdmin please pin.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    BFP #2: 5/25/16, MC 6/23/16 (8 weeks), D&C 6/24/16, 2nd D&C for retained tissue and fibroid removal 9/1/16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • due September 2nd !
  • @aVr you might want to crop out your personal information on your u/s. Congrats on seeing the LO.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smgaynor I don't have too much experience with this, but I would have thought more bleeding and cramping would happen if the ER was right. I know it must be hell waiting. Good luck. Thinking and praying for a good outcome. 

• @smgaynor it can be to early to see the fetal pole and it can also depend on the skill of the person doing the u/s. Typically, you are not able to see a heartbeat until about 6 weeks give or take a day or so. Even if they would have seen a heart movement they likely wouldn't have been able to count it or it would have been really slow due to it just starting to beat. I wouldn't worry to much at this point. And it can be normal to have some spotting and generally it does go away. If you are spotting/bleeding and having worsening cramps then I would recommend calling the ob. I hope this helps put your mind at ease.
    *** TW ***
    Me 31, DH 30
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you. That's what I thought too. I haven't had any cramping like she said. Thank you for the support!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stephann85 I read that it is usually too early too. I have not bled since and do not have terrible cramps. I am just praying that the ER was wrong. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smgaynor

Wishing you the best! With my miscarriage, I started spotting at 4 weeks 3 days (not after intercourse), had a continuous lower backache (no cramps), and continued to spot for 3 days. On the 4th day it turned into bright red period-like bleeding, and on the 5th day it was heavy bleeding with clots. Considering your bleeding has stopped, that is a good sign! If it were something worse, I would imagine the bleeding would have confinued like mine did.

With my son, I had spotting throughout his pregnancy, especially after sex or cervical exams. I had a very sensitive cervix while pregnant. I first had spotting at 5 weeks 3 days with him, after I had sex the night before. I had some again at 8 weeks 3 days after I had a vaginal ultrasound at 8 weeks. I also had some spotting after bowel movements due to a fibroid on my outside uterine wall near my bowels (that they didn't see until my second ultrasound at 12 weeks). And I had a very scary episode of bright red bleeding at 6 months pregnant that we're not exactly sure of the cause, but baby was fine and he's 16 months old now. So there are definitely different reasons people can spot or bleed throughout a pregnancy, so try not to assume the worst. 

Of course only time will tell, but I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything is ok!
  • @jen83mn I'm deeply sorry that you had to go through that. Mine had a few clots but haven't bled since. My back does not hurt either. I feel fine. I read that it's normal to bleed after sex because the cervix is so sensitive, like you said. I am so happy that your son is fine. What a blessing! I wish the ER doctor didn't assume that a miscarriage is occurring and hopefully she was completely wrong. Thank you so much for your support and sharing your experiences! It gives me hope!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SuperKristy85SuperKristy85 member
    edited January 2017
    @smgaynor I had an ultrasound last week at 5w4d and there was no fetal pole yet either. I had another one today at 6w2d and baby measure 6w3d with a heartbeat of 122.9. That's way too early for a Dr tell you you had a MC esp after just 1 ultrasound!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @SuperKristy85 Thank you for that. I figured that it was too early. I just called for my HCG results from Friday and it turns out that the the lab did the wrong test! I'm so mad that I have to go in tomorrow to take the correct test! Hopefully I the office will learn the results ASAP!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Praying for you I hope they are wrong all the best 
  • I just want to say that I am so, so thankful for all of you being so willing to share past/present stories.  It helps to know I'm not the only one with early pregnancy concerns!

My first pregnancy was uneventful until the end, and after the c-section my abdomen/uterus never really felt the same... a lot of scar tissue, discomfort, and sometimes spotting mid-cycle after exercise.  I again had spotting (quite light) for almost a week starting the DAY I got my BFP and although it's done now it has been so stressful. 

Of course I read up online and came across "Cesearian scar pregnancy."  DON'T look it up if you are faint of heart. 

Of course I'm hoping I would have had more problems at this point if something was wrong, but won't know until my US on 1/17, when my estimate is 6w 5d (or 7w 5d based on LMP).  I have unusual cycles so it's hard to tell.  Waiting is the WORST, and my DH is scared to get excited until then.

Me: 31 & DH: 36
    Married 2009
    DS: 6 y/o
    TTC #2 for (way too long)
    BFP: 12/30/2016 !!!

• @smgaynor good luck tomorrow! I went in at 5w3days and did see anything but the yolk sac and gestational sac so I'm not sure why the dr in the ER jumped to miscarriage. We didn't see heartbeat till today at 6w5days. your numbers seem in range and you should see more tomorrow, Again good luck tomororw! 
    Anniversary

Infertility blog

Trying for a baby since 4/10

DX: Infertile 6/11 Me: LPD, all other blood work clear.
    DH: low sperm motility,low count.
    Met with RE start clomid + TI + IUI 5/12= IUI cancelled due to positive Cystic Fibrosis carrier test. DH tested Neg. for Cystic Fibrosis,

6/12 Clomid + TI +IUI=BFN 8/10 IVF consult.
    IVF #1 Started BCP 9/2 Lupron 10/11 stims 10/27 ER 11/6!! 5 eggs retreived only 1 mature. FERT report shows none made it.Cancelled cycle.

IVF #2 BCP 11/18 Lupron 12/14

Stims start 12/29 ER 1/8 ET 1/11 put in 1 grade B and 1 grade C. Beta: 1/20 = BFN

IVF# 3 7/13 BFP ended in chemical pregnancy

9/15 diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance gearing up for IVF# 4 Dec/ Jan

Everyone Welcome!
  • @jenn0620 I don't know why she did either! That's so exciting about your ultrasound! Thank you for the reassurance! I'll let you know how it goes! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Silly ultrasound question. When is the earliest they can do an ultrasound on your belly? I've never had an early one. But I'm hoping they do one this time because I have no idea when my last period was..... and I've been cramping a lot lately which again isn't something I've had before :( 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just had my 1st us.. 6+1 everything looked well she said still too small
    for her machine to get hb:( go back in 2 weeks. She got a small flicker, but idk what that means. I'm kind of anxious now.
  • @pregnantaf FX the flicker is good thing and in two weeks you can hear the heartbeat!
  • @smgaynor oh yay! I'm so happy for you! 
    Anniversary

Infertility blog

Trying for a baby since 4/10

DX: Infertile 6/11 Me: LPD, all other blood work clear.
    DH: low sperm motility,low count.
    Met with RE start clomid + TI + IUI 5/12= IUI cancelled due to positive Cystic Fibrosis carrier test. DH tested Neg. for Cystic Fibrosis,

6/12 Clomid + TI +IUI=BFN 8/10 IVF consult.
    IVF #1 Started BCP 9/2 Lupron 10/11 stims 10/27 ER 11/6!! 5 eggs retreived only 1 mature. FERT report shows none made it.Cancelled cycle.

IVF #2 BCP 11/18 Lupron 12/14

Stims start 12/29 ER 1/8 ET 1/11 put in 1 grade B and 1 grade C. Beta: 1/20 = BFN

IVF# 3 7/13 BFP ended in chemical pregnancy

9/15 diagnosed with PCOS and insulin resistance gearing up for IVF# 4 Dec/ Jan

Everyone Welcome!
  • @jenn0620 thank you so much!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @hangingwiththehales I don't know much about early belly ultrasounds but I'm pretty sure the first early ultrasounds are transvaginal.. my first ultrasound with my son was at 9 weeks and that was transvaginal. 
  • I'm 6w today and was just in the ER for apparently minor bleeding. They thought I had miscarried then all at once I saw the little flicker on our little "spud" as the heartbeat, so I don't know if I'll always trust our ED. 
  • @daniellelynette thanks! I've never had one done till 18 weeks before. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ultrasound at 8 weeks (I thought) but only measuring 6w3d with an EDD of September 5th. We found out there's a small gestational sac and low fluid but a strong heartbeat so praying it sticks.