February 2016 Moms

What are we eating these days?

Just curious to hear what meals and foods your LOs are loving these days. What are your go-to foods?

Ours eats what we do. Dinner is a bit of a challenge because he goes to bed before we eat, so the poor guy normally just gets leftovers from the day before.

Big hits around here: spicy chicken chili, spaghetti sauce with penne pasta, goat's milk yogurt, lemon-pear compote, frozen raspberries, steel-cut oats, pureed spinach, and...anything with bananas (of course). He loves sweet and juicy fruit - not a surprise - but also gets really excited about fairly hot and spicy foods, which is great! We could do a lot better with veggies, on the other hand...

The only thing he has outright refused is broccoli. :)

Re: What are we eating these days?

• mrsc12414mrsc12414 member
    edited January 2017
    Like you I also struggle because we usually eat dinner after Zoey already is asleep so it's usually left overs . We haven't really found anything she doesn't like . Her favorites are chicken rice and black beans , pasta and meatballs. Mixed veggies , blueberries and bananas, oatmeal and yogurt . She LOVES to eat 

edit to add tacos ! She loves taco meat and shredded cheese 
  • Maisie is becoming much more into food now. She was slow to get into it! She loves chicken, yoghurt and fish the best (not altogether hehe!). She likes my veggie pasta sauce, anything banana related, spaghetti bolognese, strawberries, baked potatoes and cucumber.

she is so reluctant to try new fruit weirdly! She holds it, looks repulsed, then ditches it! I thought littlies loved sweet stuff! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsc12414: Yes, black beans! Roan is also a fan. He especially liked black bean quesedillas.

@smn14: Baked potatoes - that's a good one. On my list.
  • Baked sweet potatoes also great! 
  • My Jacob loves anything we eat. He loves cheese, beans, soups, veggies, roast, of course sweet pots, all fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, and all his Gerber graduate type finger foods. I still make all  his baby food. He hates store bought purees, always has! I tried apple juice a time or two for constipation and he was not having it. He prefers breastmilk, cold cold water or unsweetened tea. Oh and he loves breads!!
  • Thanks for these ideas! For us, lunches are a struggle because being at home, I usually just graze on stuff all day so finding stuff for Caroline to eat is tricky unless I plan out every day. But since we're in a bit of a picky phase that's hard too :) Hoping it's just due to teething and she'll be eating like a pig again soon!

Carolines favorites are zucchini, turkey meatloaf, taco meat, most chicken dishes, and just about any kind of fruit. We're also loving bread! 
  • I don't know if you can get this app in the USA, but if you can, I recommend it. Lots of tasty meal ideas, I enjoy them too :-) 
  • Pancakes, strawberries, chicken, green beans, broccoli, muffins and applesauce. Not a fan of peas and carrots. I need to work on more fruits and veggies! meal planning is not my forte.