January 2017 Moms
Options

Working and commuting still at 38 weeks

Anybody still working full-time in house? I basically have to work till I go into labor becauss I only get 12 weeks off total, not to mention technically only 6 weeks paid, unless I use my vacation to tag onto it. Anyone truly fed up and tired from being so pregnant and still working?

Re: Working and commuting still at 38 weeks

• Options
    I'm still working and plan to until I give birth as well. I'm on my feet for upwards of 9 hours a day and I don't get any paid leave. So yeah I'm pretty tired and fed up sometimes.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Im 37 weeks tomorrow, my commute is an hour and 15 min each way and I plan on working until my due date. I only get 12 weeks off with 6 paid and almost 3 weeks of vacation/pto time which still leaves me with 3 weeks unpaid. I don't want to risk wasting vacation/pto time that could be spent with the baby, so working and commuting is the way to go for now. I am super over it lol I am not on my feet that much during the day, but my feet seem to double in size by the end of the day anyway, I can't wait to see my ankles again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got lucky, im the same as you ladies. 12 weeks off, 6 paid. But my job has a two week Christmas break for everyone. I go back to work next week until the 13th then my maternity leave starts. 
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only almost 36 weeks, but yes I am still working and commuting. It really sucks because my back pain has been horrible and I work in the city so it's not like I can just park right outside my door. But barring a medical condition that would keep me home, I plan to work until I deliver. I do not want to waste any of my precious leave before the babies arrive. I get the same as most of you above, 12 weeks total, with only 6 or 8 (depending on type of delivery) being paid at 60% of my salary. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    38 weeks here and plan on working till due date. 12 weeks fmla, not paid unless I cash in vacation s, pto or sick time. I am filing for STD with aflac so I'll see something. Right now is slow season for my work so everyday I keeping busy, but wishing I was home preparing for the baby. I had major anxiety yesterday thinking about what needed to be done as I sat on my bum with little work to do. So frustrating. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    KMck27 said:
    38 weeks here and plan on working till due date. 12 weeks fmla, not paid unless I cash in vacation s, pto or sick time. I am filing for STD with aflac so I'll see something. Right now is slow season for my work so everyday I keeping busy, but wishing I was home preparing for the baby. I had major anxiety yesterday thinking about what needed to be done as I sat on my bum with little work to do. So frustrating. 
    Yes, this is me this week. This is actually a busy time at work, but I was well-prepared this year and have everything that needs to be done for 1/1/17 done. Now I have way too much time to sit here and think/worry about things that still need to be done at home. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    I'm working until the baby gets here. The holidays are tough because we are trying to make up for chemo treatments missed on Christmas and New Years. I could have literally cried when I left on a Tuesday after running my butt off all day. So over it. 
  • Options
    I'm 37 weeks andtill working, and plan to work until my due date. I'm actually closer to my hospital from work than I am at home, so I actually don't mind it. Fortunately/unfortunately I'm not working because of pay ( I have plenty of PTO and I get 12 weeks paid 100%), I'm still working because I still have projects to complete and I'm too much of a control freak to hand my projects over in the last little bit. Luckily most of my deadlines were this week/next week, so I will be good to go when baby comes. But man it has been stressful some days this week because it was just me and another PM in the office.
  • Options
    I am 37 weeks and as of yesterday 3cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I have an hour commute each way, I will be working up until baby arrival as well.
  • Options
    Still working, yep! Been moving into new place and I am so exhausted today. Plan on working until I have the baby. I'm not quite full time though so I do not get any paid maternity leave. The only good news is I'll have a job when I decide to work again and my boss is super flexible with when/how much I work. 
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks, still working and taking public transportation to work. I plan to work until i have her since I get no paid leave. I can tell you that my job is super crazy and year end and right now I'm pretty fed up with coming in everyday.. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Almost 37 weeks here, and still working. I will be working until the baby comes, just like last time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went back and forth on taking leave before due date or not. Finally decided to start my leave last week and while I am a little bored at home I have to say I do not regret it at this point! My commute to work was 40 mins each way, and by the time I got to work I was ready to turn around and go home! I had a good amount of PTO and sick leave saved up so that will help us financially. I have to say I am jealous of those of you who get even 6 weeks paid! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am 38 weeks and still working.  I plan on working right up to delivery because I want to save all my leave for after baby is born. 

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Still working at 39w 5d, plan on going back next week if nothing has happened.  I don't get paid maternity leave but I have vacation I can use, so I want to save all my time for when baby is here!  I have a c section scheduled for Friday if the baby decides to keep hanging out!  
  • Options
    I'm 36 weeks today and still working FT. I have 1h+ subway commute each way and honestly it's the commute that is killing me. Half of the time I don't even get a seat. 
    My job made me state my last day before I leave so I gave them the week before my due date since both my other 2 kids came at 39w5d and 39w3d. I just want some time to myself so I can sleep. I only get 12 weeks unpaid leave but it's gonna be tax season soon and I'm expecting a return that will cover some of my leave. 
  • Options
    37W3D, going back to work today. D:
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm only 36W but plan on working right up to my due date if I can.  Like many of you, I'm trying to save all my FMLA leave until after the baby is born.  Thankfully, in Washington DC we have a more generous FMLA leave policy than the national policy, so I have 16 weeks, plus 6 weeks disability (so 24 total).  But none of the 16 weeks is paid, so I only get the 6 weeks paid and the remaining time is unpaid (or I can use PTO/sick days, which I'm using some).  I'm actually not taking all 24 weeks total because my boss was basically throwing a fit about it, so just taking 16W total (6 paid, 10 unpaid/paid with some PTO).  But still, I'm thankful I have the 16 weeks.
    About me: 
    Me 35, DH 36 (Unexplained Infertility, possible PCOS) TTC for 3.5 years. 
    10 clomid cycles (TI & IUI with ovidrel triggers - all BFN). 
    *Loss mentioned & Trigger warning
    #1 IVF May 2015- resulted in 15 5-day Blasts - SET (fresh) with BFP. Ectopic Preg @ 5w2d, treated with Methotrexate.
    #2 FET, Sept. 2015, SET MC@8 wks with D&C in November 2015. 
    13 remaining blasts sent for PGS testing.  1 did not survive the thaw. 6 came back normal from PGS. 
    #3 FET 5/16/16 SET - BFP 5/20/16 Beta's looked great and so did ultrasounds- officially released to my OB! EDD 2/1/17.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I tried so hard to keep working until the baby comes. I'm 38 1/2 weeks now and decided to start my leave because I'm really uncomfortable and can't focus at work anymore. Fortunately, I have the flexibility because I'm self-employed, but it also means all my leave is unpaid :(