February 2017 Moms

Symptoms 1/9/17

Re: Symptoms 1/9/17

• @leslie1331 I didn't feel any Braxton hicks or contractions with my first. Water broke at 38w4d and after was the first time I had felt anything. It's not abnormal. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Ive had a few twinges here & there but nothing that i think would be a bh but being a ftm i dont know what it should feel like anyways
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone, that makes me feel better!!! It seems like everyone was having them but me :) 
  • @jlellis603 same here!! I'm only 34 wks but at my 32 wk appt my midwife was like "wow! she's really low!" Yes. Yes she is. And my cervix is not happy abt it 
  • @Gretchypoo I'm 34 weeks too! And if I remember, you were having the period cramps too right? I was kind of hoping that because he's already so low, it'd be a sign he would come early.... but not THIS early haha!
  • @lfrank12 I could have written that exact schedule. At least I know what to expect each night. :/
  • @leslie1331 @MLRocha honestly, I don't remember having many braxton hicks at all until very close to 37 weeks. I remember when I went in to be induced at 38 weeks, they actually didn't induce me for a whole day because apparently I was already contracting. I didn't even realize, yea I felt a little uncomfortable but I just attributed it to baby stretching? Everyone's body is different, so don't worry I'm sure y'all will be fine!!

• I only had one at about 24 weeks, but nothing since then. Now that it's getting close I'm super paranoid about anything I feel going on in case it is a contraction. It never is though, which I guess is a good thing.
  • Some BH info for anyone who needs it.   For me,  what I notice between a BH contraction and baby stretching is just a larger area and a different sensation when it is a contraction.  My whole abdomen gets involved and it sends an awareness through my body. 

Baby can be active before or after,  but usually is still during the contraction.  He will kick and squirm actively after bigger ones. 

My belly is already padded and squishy, so I can't really go by belly hardness.  The top of my abdomen feels hard if it's BH or if it's a baby back or butt, but the sides and bottom,  I don't just feel the uterus, I feel the padding on my belly,  lol.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Xstatic3333Xstatic3333 member
    edited January 2017
    I think I am getting them now, but that they only started at 35 weeks. It's more of a crampy sensation for me with a clear start and stop. My belly always feels very tight so it's hard to tell by that. 
  • @jlellis603 Yes! Def having period like cramping and it REALLY hurts to sit/lay in certain positions-- like last night I tried to lay on the couch on my side.... nope. 

Like you, I'm hoping she'll come out easier since she's so low! In abt 2 wks I'll also start using Evening Primrose Oil to soften my cervix as well.
  • I am not sure if I am getting BH or False Contractions, not sure what the difference is, but I tend to get them when I walk around too fast and too fast is like my normally speed of walking. I get one and then I remember to slow down and then that is it. But I do this to myself about twice a day, where I forget to walk slower. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @jlellis603 Yes! Def having period like cramping and it REALLY hurts to sit/lay in certain positions-- like last night I tried to lay on the couch on my side.... nope. 

Like you, I'm hoping she'll come out easier since she's so low! In abt 2 wks I'll also start using Evening Primrose Oil to soften my cervix as well.

Yesterday when I went in I asked about EPO and RRL tea at 36 weeks and the doctor I saw was like "why?". She didn't really seem to think I should use either of those. Although she seemed more concerned with RRL tea than the EPO because I'm contracting but I was bummed. I want to soften my cervix tooooooo!
  • @BeckS13 I get the shoulder pain sometimes too! If I fall asleep ON my shoulder, when I wake up and move it, I get this TERRIBLE sharp pain until I can stretch it out a little. And sometimes my whole arm falls asleep too.

Last night was the first night I did NOT wake up to pee, which I found really weird. How did I sleep 8 hours without needing to pee?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am not sure if I am getting BH or False Contractions, not sure what the difference is, but I tend to get them when I walk around too fast and too fast is like my normally speed of walking. I get one and then I remember to slow down and then that is it. But I do this to myself about twice a day, where I forget to walk slower. 
    Lol!! I too get tightening when I walk "too fast", but I walked with a group of people back to our desks through the factory the other day. I felt we were moving at such a quick pace that I legit sat down and congratulated myself on the exercise that day! Hadn't realized I'd slowed down so much.
  • @kswiger06 just got back from the OB, she said my camps were most likely just contractions! I had no idea that's what contractions felt like!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I still haven't had ONE BH!! I am starting to get a little worried, like my body isn't prepping or something. The OB asked a general, any bleeding, contractions or larger gushes of water.   When I said no she said excellent. But I'm assuming that was more geared towards the bleeding and water. Anyone else not have one? 
    I never had them with DD and not with this pregnancy either. I ended up having her 1 week early and the contractions were fierce when they did show up so I wouldn't worry too much just yet! 
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    @kswiger06 just got back from the OB, she said my camps were most likely just contractions! I had no idea that's what contractions felt like!
    Oh man, I know that's how contractions feel when they start (but as you progress they get much stronger and hurt quite a bit more) buuuut I never had contractions until go time with my other 2. I guess I'll have to let my Dr know anyway. Thanks for remembering to let me know!!! :)

Edit for clarity that I never felt contractions or BH with my other 2 until actual real it's happening now labor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When you guys say period-like cramps... is that kind of an all over cramp, or one spot?  In the last week or so, I am getting one spot low on my belly on either side that feels crampy. I have been assuming this is just stretching, but it has been happening almost daily now.

Could that be contractions, or was I right and things are just stretching?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl do you get regular period cramps when you're not pregnant? If so it's that feeling, if not then it's like a weird uncomfortable feeling I had in my lower stomach (right above my pelvic bone area across the whole front) and in my lower back as well. I'm not sure if anyone else felt cramping in their backs too or not. I'm not sure about having it on just one or the other side. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ive has some lower back pain today & been a little crampy this evening but only for a while. I dont usually get period cramps so feeling really clueless and just generally uncomfortable
  • @kswiger06 I pretty much never had period cramps, which is why I'm not sure. I just kind of assumed they'd be everywhere... until it's been daily, then I started to wonder!

@homemake Yeah, I definitely don't think it's the real thing! I just wasn't sure if this even counted as a practice contraction, or it's just more growing pains.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Lots of baby hiccups, pain in vag that sometimes radiates to my butt, daily BH, and my nips are so sore again
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited January 2017
    homemake said:
    @winchestergirl I'm pretty sure from what I've read , we're all having practice contractions. Sometimes you can feel it and sometimes you can't. I think the crampy feeling could be due to contractions but it could also probably be stretching. Who knows? 

What I do know is... when you go into active labor you will for sure know you're having a contraction.
    This is very definitely true!!! And that's all I feel I needed to add lol.

@WinchesterGirl that's why I asked if you had them before... I thought maybe you don't get period cramps, which would be nice lol. But I guess it's a general uncomfortable feeling down in your lower stomach, that is a dull annoying ache. It's not the worst feeling, but can get annoying... real labor starts like that but intensifies and you will be able to time it with minor fluctuations in the intervals. 

@Janefelicity ^^ I tried describing cramps... but the fact that you are feeling something and uncomfortable makes me wonder if your cervical sweep and massage are getting your labor started?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @homemake I kinda thought that too but I've had 2 friends who are close to my EDD say they've had similar things going on and their doctors aren't concerned at all. That coupled with I was just given and NST and cervical check yesterday, I don't want to overreact. I said I'd give myself another 2 hours in bed after a shower and see how it's going, then I'd call
  • @jlellis603 agreed! If you have had them at 10-20 mins all day and they have moved up to 3 mins apart, I think you should call in too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ^^^Call!
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are they getting stronger?   Are you feeling any pressure? 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahh I don't want a garage baby! Mostly because we don't have one and its -10 out right now. They aren't getting stronger and I do feel pressure but no more than like what I feel all day everyday. It's almost like one step above BH I feel like cause they aren't painful just uncomfortable tightening and lightening crotch almost. Are frequent BH a thing? Now that I'm in bed I can feel a bit more baby movement which makes me feel better even if the tightening is still there. Should I call? Even though they aren't painful and I was checked yesterday. I feel like it can't happen that quick... But I'm a FTM so I know nothing
  • @jlellis603 it definitely can happen that quick! But what you're describing sounds more mild. I would still call.