Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In 1/2

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments this week?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Do you have any 2017 plans or goals you'd like to share (aside from the obvious baby hopes)? 

Re: PGAL Check-In 1/2

• Options
    How far along are you?  25 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    1lb 8oz last week. Or a cauliflower or acorn squash. 

Appointments this week? 
    Not til the end of the month. 

Physically I'm stretching like crazy. RLP has been absolutely intense. Heartburn is killer too. I can tell actually. My belly is stretching out and seems to have popped more. And I struggle to breathe when I lay down or lean back. Emotionally I seem to be extra anxious about her because now that it's 2017 it seems like there's pressure on the year to be so much better than last year, for obvious reasons. If that makes sense. Come on, 2017. I want to meet my baby girl! 

I really feel just ready to meet her now. But I guess if I had to pick one, third trimester and going to twice a month appointments. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I think I'm at the point where I'm just gonna worry about her constantly whether she's moving a lot or not. She was extremely active last week and quieter this week and even though rationally I know it's probably because I've had a lot less sugar, I still worry. 

GTKY: Do you have any 2017 plans or goals you'd like to share (aside from the obvious baby hopes)? 
    Read more, and hopefully enjoy transitioning to SAHM status. I don't know. I'm really going to miss my job. 
  • Options
    @HGRich , transitioning to SAHM sounds pretty exciting! I hope you enjoy it.

How far along are you?
    19 weeks

How big is baby?
    6 inches

Appointments this week?
    Anatomy scan tomorrow, finally! I can't stop obsessing over it. I'll feel so much better once I (hopefully) hear that baby is healthy.

Most days I feel pretty good emotionally, but I've definitely been having increased anxiety about the anatomy scan. I have a doppler at home, though, and I know that baby's heart is beating, so that's a mild reassurance. Physically, I've got a lot of my energy back. I have annoying heartburn and RLP, but I'm really happy with the way my belly is rounding out. I'm turning into one of those crazy ladies that loves being pregnant. 

A/S tomorrow

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    I've had a really relaxing long weekend of seeing friends, lazing around, and re-reading Harry Potter. It's been pretty wonderful. I'll be saving my PTO until maternity leave, so I'm soaking in this time off. 

I'd like to read the New Testament. DH and I are also going to do a few monthly challenges: January is an uber frugal month (Frugalwoods blog), February we're going to do a no-sugar month, and then we'd like to try a no-waste month. We'll see where we go from there. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kns1988 thanks! Me too. Good luck at the anatomy scan tomorrow! I reread 5 hp books in 2016 and need to (re)finish the last two. Also good luck reading the NT! I use the ESV app reading plans and sometimes the She Reads Truth app too. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks today

How big is baby? 
    Brussel Sprout

Appointments this week? 
    None

Physically icky, emotionally okay. Still a worrier!

Two next week: stopping progesterone & estrogen support and heartbeat check - both on 1/12

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Has anyone experienced symptoms getting worse around the 10.5/11 week mark?

I just started a Goodreads challenge. I used to read all the time when I travelled in my previous job and now rarely make time for it. I'd like to read at least 24 books this year.

Good luck at your anatomy scan today @kns1988 !
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    @byrneme yay for the Goodreads challenge! Last year was the only time I've not met my goal but maybe this year I will. 

Good luck also with the transition off progesterone and such. My symptoms were really bad toward the end of the first trimester. I think it must have been around 10-12 weeks that I was the sickest. It lasted until 14 weeks and I finally was able to eat again at 15 weeks. 
  • Options
    @hgrich I'm glad to know that I am not alone. It seemed so late that it had me uber worried! When I couldn't find anything related to late onset nausea and miscarriage I felt better :)
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    Thanks for the support, ladies! My anatomy scan was perfect today, and it's a baby boy! I'm so relieved that he's healthy. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    @kns1988 yay! Congrats on the boy and the healthy ultrasound results! 

@byrneme if anything, I'd take the worsening symptoms as a good sign! Hang in there though, and in a couple weeks the placenta will take over a lot of the work and give you a break. I don't know how the estrogen and progesterone changes things though as I didn't have that. Maybe it makes it worse? 
  • Options
    @byrneme  My nausea hasn't gotten any worse lately (it hasn't gotten any better either, sadly) but my heartburn has gotten A LOT worse in the past week or so.  Seems I can't eat or drink anything without good old heartburn.  I'm so ready for some of these symptoms to give me a break!
  • Options
    How far along are you?  11w1d

How big is baby? 
    Almost 2 inches according to my ultrasound today!

Appointments this week? 
    Had my NT ultrasound today (all went well) and blood drawn for the cell free DNA testing.  Will get results in 10 days or so they said. 

Heartburn coming on strong lately.  Still dealing with near constant low level nausea. Emotionally today is ok after my ultrasound.  We had had an early one at 7 weeks but I was very anxious that all would be good today.  

Getting the results of my blood test, getting to the second trimester. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Struggling right now with when/how to tell people.  Still haven't told my in-laws and we have a family wedding on the 21st, not sure if we should tell them before or wait until after. At this point we're thinking we've waiting this long we might as well wait until after our test results come back. 

Baby-related, but we really need to do some cleaning/organization in our house, especially the "library" that will be the baby's room.  In the past 6 months to a year it's really become more of a "where should we put this? i don't know, just throw it in the library" room. My husband works in the school system so he'll have a week off in February and another in April, so I'm hoping between now and then we can get it at least cleaned out!
  • Options
    @byrneme and @HGRich  I love the Goodreads challenges!  I'm normally a very big reader, but my nausea lately has made me feel almost like I have motion sickness and it's made reading hard.  I read 54 books last year and none of them were in the month of December!
  • Options
    @CPR79 yay for an ultrasound today!  Sorry the nausea still has you feeling gross. Also I totally get not knowing when to tell people. Good luck whatever you decide. 

Did you have any books you read last year that really stood out? I'm looking for recommendations. :) 

Also I love the "just throw it in the library" thing. My husband and I do the exact  same thing and we just cleaned ours out this weekend.  :D
  • Options
    Hi All, I'm mobile but thought I would jump in. 

How far along: 7 weeks 2 days

how big is baby: no idea

appointments this week: one tomorrow actually. I'm terrified honestly. The 5 week u/s went well, saw yolk & sac, but it was so early to get my hopes up. Aside from that, nervous as hell. Any advice to calming nerves before u/s?

next milestone: passing this u/s. My last loss was 7 weeks exactly with bleeding. So having a good u/s would put me past that. Next milestone 10 weeks- that will be the biggest hurdle. My 1st loss. 

Plans for 2017: ski trip planned to VT 1st week of February. Not planning around this baby since I've had two loses. Next trip our beach house in mid-July which is 4 weeks before when my DD might be. Leaving enough time just in case, but not planning around too much.

rant/rave: I just can't deal with the heartbreak of another "planned around year". Last year I planned around and then we tossed it after my 1st m/c. Went to Puerto Rico for 10 days, skiing for a week, and I ran the NYCM in November after my 2nd m/c in late August. This year I just can't hold my breath again, I have to live life as it comes, one day at a time. 

• Options
    @KyCade3013 I'm sorry you're still in those early stages before your other losses. Hang in there. It's tough. Thinking of you. I also understand not wanting to plan around it. I don't have any advice about calming yourself before ultrasound. I was always a mess before any of mine. All I can suggest is distraction. Let us know how it goes. 
  • Options

How big is baby? Tomorrow will be 28 weeks and the size of an eggplant

Appointments this week?none this week but next week I have another three hour glucose test, hoping to pass that again. The day after the glucose test I have my second to last appointment with my MFM. Looking forward to that US, but of course nervous the doctor will come into the room with some sort of bad news. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?emotionally, pretty good getting a little anxious that soon our lives will be back to having a newborn. Physically, I've been incredibly tired lately. Even committing the energy to stay active on TB has been hard. In part it's because my daughter is starting to drop her one and only nap of the day. I use to count on that nap so much and I'm struggling without it. Even my brain feel tired. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Not really a milestone but I'm looking forward (nervously) to the US next week.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just so tired. A almost baby related rave is I finally picked out and purchased a glider/recliner for our bedroom. I had a crappy chair with my daughter, it was torture to me. So I'm really happy to be getting something I like. Plus we ordered a new bed frame and mattress for ourselves, it's coming tomorrow and I can't wait, ours is 10 years old - ugh. 

GTKY: Do you have any 2017 plans or goals you'd like to share (aside from the obvious baby hopes)? Nope, not a single one other than surviving the first 6 months with a new baby and toddler. I remember when my daughter turned 6months old things seemed to get easier. 

• Options
    @Bok Bagok I'm sorry you're not getting enough sleep! Be sure to keep us posted on your ultrasound and glucose test. Fingers crossed you pass! 
  • Options
    U/S went well today! Baby measured ahead of where I thought. 8 weeks and 1 day, HB 171, no problems. My perfect little bean. Hoping for good news at the 10 week u/s in 2 weeks. 
  • Options
    Just had to update this bc I'm bursting with good news! Just got the call from the genetic counselor with my MaterniT21 results and they all came back normal! Getting that news almost made me forget my nausea for like 10 minutes, haha. 
  • Options
    @CPR79 yay!  Getting news like that is the best!!
  • Options
    Congrats @cpr79!!! What great news!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @cpr79 I'm so excited for your great news! And @KyCade3013 congrats on a healthy heartbeat and good progress with your little bean!