June 2017 Moms

Maternity clothing

Re: Maternity clothing

• jennas312jennas312 member
    edited February 2017
    My friend told me about the elastic band women's slacks from KMART. I bought a black and a blue pair yesterday.  $8 each! They're great!  Not maternity, but for in between like now.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • If pre-pregnancy work pants don't fit and one only has a couple pairs of maternity work pants that are currently in the dirty clothes pile, maternity jeans are appropriate attire for the professional work environment, right??

Asking for a friend...  ;)

• Loading the player...
  • @silliegirlie143 I have worn leggings with long nice shirts everyday this week because my work pants decided not to fit this week. I feel like I still look more business casual than most. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go thrifting first. I last scored a pair of maternity jeans and a pair of maternity corduroy for $10. They're just stretchy waistband so they won't last forever but for the price it was worth it. I have a thrift store local to me that always emails coupons and even does rewards points so I find it most useful to shop there. I had one spree when I first moved into maternity gear and I just bought oversized sweaters/tops from New York and Company which fit my bump perfectly and pants from a Motherhood Maternity outlet. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • onaed said:
    Any recommendations on workout gear? Old Navy has great maternity long tights (spandex) but they're basically sold out in every size. 
    A girlfriend recommended that I try Gap online for work out clothes. I just bought a few shirts and bottoms, but haven't gotten them in yet.
  • tjvan said:
    onaed said:
    Any recommendations on workout gear? Old Navy has great maternity long tights (spandex) but they're basically sold out in every size. 
    A girlfriend recommended that I try Gap online for work out clothes. I just bought a few shirts and bottoms, but haven't gotten them in yet.
    I got mine from Gap.  I didn't like their jeans, or trousers, or shirts last time I was pregnant, but their maternity workout clothes were comfortable.  I also picked up basic tanks and yoga pants from Target so as not to spend too much (rolling down the top band and the maternity tops normally come down to hip length so it all works out) and wore them straight through to delivery time.
  • Kohls maternity section is 40% off. H&M is having store wide sales and I got a lot of good deals there. I got a maternity sweatshirt for $7, two nursing tanks for $5, and two different dressy tshirts that I can use for work for $5 and $7. 
  • I just bought maternity leggings for $12.99 and three other sale items from h&m. It's free shipping with purchases Over $40 with code 0040. It's free returns when you return at store (obviously). I prefer Gap free returns via shipping. 
  • I went a little crazy and bought a few dresses, pants, work out clothes, and a coat...  I price shopped and got most, if not all items, discounted but I really only have 1 - 2 outfits now and need clothes!!

I had tried to buy second hand on some of my fb mom/kid exchanges but there were no bites, so annoying!
  • I'm still waiting on my friend to send me all of her stuff! Knowing her it will be awhile! I have 3 shirts, a pair of leggings, a pair of black pants and a pair of jeans. Plus other stuff that I still fit in, for now.. hoping I won't have to buy too much. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • HgPaHgPa member
    edited January 2017
    @meilay Hell yes to thrifting maternity wear! Right when my pants stopped buttoning, I found a nice pair or work slacks, jeans, and a dress for under $20. Made me so happy!

I'm going to have to get some skinnies and leggings that I can tuck into boots because it apparently is never going to stop snowing or melt off here :( Those I'll get new, thinking about checking out Old Navy.

Target has a great sale on some of their dresses this week, too, online and in stores.
  • @HgPa last week at old navy it seemed like all their jeans were $25. Not sure if that's still the case. Regular price was around $40. I got the rockstar super skinny ones and they are really stretchy! 
  • I feel so lucky to get to ask this, but what do I do for swimwear? I have several 2piece mix and match items, but with my breasts so huge (I'm estimating I have gone from a 34DD to a 36FF) they all feel vulgar. I need 2 good options soon (February 11th) and also plan to swim often in may/at the end (EDD 6/11). Should I buy a maternity 1 piece? Are there some modest 2piece options? I don't mind to show my belly, but my breasts are just ridiculous. I should also probably get a swim skirt, based on grooming limitations :)

I feel I have been incredibly lucky so far to have only needed new bras and panties. :) I stumbled on these great fleece lined foldover leggings at Kroger of all places last Christmas. I've never worn them folded over, always pulled up to my ribs, and they have been a godsend so far this pregnancy. I bought 6 pair at $5 a piece and they have lasted about 30 wears a piece so far, with no signs of wearing out any time soon. I just wear them under some of my empire waist dresses and manage to feel pretty comfy, all things considered.

I did get some items from my SIL - full panel over belly jeans, grey nursing tank, nursing bra, 2 nightgowns I wear as regular dresses with long sleeve top and leggings, and several sized up regular clothing items (2 pair pants, 4 tops) since she's sizing down while I'm sizing up.

I realize how fortunate I've been and that I shouldn't complain about bathing suits, but I hoped you STM's might have some advice.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sejica I'm going to need a maternity bathing suit too.  We are going to Disney in April, and I will be right around 30 weeks.  But I'm going to wait until I'm closer to April to have a better idea of what size I am (especially in the boob area).

I bet you can find some maternity tankini style bathing suits.  I wouldn't want to deal with a 1-piece and a huge bump in the bathroom.  Wet bathing suits are hard enough to get on and off without the added obstacle of a bump.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @sejica- I loved my Old Navy maternity swimsuit. It was a tankini style2 piece with a swim skirt. 
  • @alm52386 Ooo, I'll have to check online tonight. I love their rockstar pants - glad to hear they have them in maternity too. Thanks for the heads up!
  • I got my GapFit maternity workout clothes in the mail this week, and they rule. Would highly recommend them. 
  • @sejica I went on a beach babymoon at 8 months pregnant.  I had a big belly - I just went to Target and bought bikini tops and bottoms (they have coordinating styles so you can get one size for the bottom and a different size for the top).  No 'maternity wear' required.  I took 4 sets with me and hung out at the beach for a week.  I didn't buy in advance so there was no guesswork about size.
  • QueenNubQueenNub member
    edited January 2017
    i just spent $500 on maternity clothes..work and casual. I hated to but im a zero pre pregnancy so finding quality dress clothes that fit limits me to few stores as most department stores start at size 4 and limited size 2. plus,  this is my last pregnancy. 

i bought 3 dress pants, 5 work dresses, and 6 work shirts, a jacket, and 1 cocktail dress, 5 casual dresses, 2 jeans,  2 sweaters, and 3 tshirts. pretty much a new wardrobe. i shopped at destination maternity, asos online, and target online. 

im in court at least 4 day and have to wear professional attire with a suit jacket. I just hope my suit jackets last. I wish I could wear tights to work. I'm so jealous.  
  • QueenNub said:
    i just spent $500 on maternity clothes..work and casual. I hated to but im a zero pre pregnancy so finding quality dress clothes that fit limits me to few stores as most department stores start at size 4 and limited size 2. plus,  this is my last pregnancy. 

i bought 3 dress pants, 5 work dresses, and 6 work shirts, a jacket, and 1 cocktail dress, 5 casual dresses, 2 jeans,  2 sweaters, and 3 tshirts. pretty much a new wardrobe. i shopped at destination maternity, asos online, and target online. 

im in court at least 4 day and have to wear professional attire with a suit jacket. I just hope my suit jackets last. I wish I could wear tights to work. I'm so jealous.  
    Oh my goodness...it's so true! Maternity shopping for true small sizes is a nightmare. I have only found two stores with pants that will fit me and I still have to size down. It's almost impossible to find nice items secondhand, as well. Do the rest of us miniature pregnant ladies a favor and put your wardrobe on eBay after you are done! :tongue:
  • Expectantcollection.com is having a 20% off sale right now!
  • @QueenNub I'm in court a lot for work, too but found suit jackets are fine the entire time if you don't button them.  No judge ever gave me a hard time with my first two pregnancies!
  • Big sales at The Loft too! I hate paying shipping though!
  • H&M has a code for free shipping right now. They have it right under the coupon code section. They have a few things on sale (I really liked their nursing tanks last go around, though I do know that's not exactly what we're looking for), but the free shipping is nice if you're into their kind of stuff. 
  • I recently bought some dresses and tops from old navy online and had to return everything. The size small shirts were way to tight already and the size small dresses were enourmous all around. So that was definitely a waste of time. Apparently shopping online is not the way to go for me. 

Anyone know now where I can find nice long dresses for my sisters wedding that's in a month? I have no idea what size I'll be in a month although hoping only belly grows and I'm kind of hoping I can find something I can still wear after pregnancy. Like maybe a regular dress with some stretchiness to accommodate belly now but still wear it at some point later after pregnancy. I will be 24 weeks and I was just starting to show last pregnancy but I've heard and have already noticed my belly has expanded much more this time around. 
  • if anyone has plans to shop on line at old navy I have multiple super cash codes which start in early Feb, i know i wont use all if i even use any.

• edited January 2017
    H&m has great sweaters but their stretchy dresses run really small. No stretch at all. Had to get a large and return small. The jeans also run too small.
  • @sejica - I bought a one piece suit at motherhood maternity, which they aren't carrying anymore at least on their website, but they have others. I also looked on amazon and found a suit I liked, but they only had one size left, so I searched the suit itself and found it at mine for nine - it's pretty comfy and gives the top coverage I wanted, like you, and the fold over waist band is very comfortable.  It runs a little small, fyi.  https://www.minefornine.com/item/seraphine-jessica-purple-and-pink-band-maternity-bikini#.WHrGDH0-Idg  Where are you going?!  I'm headed to Maui for a babymoon the first week in Feb :-D

Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • @Praying41- try Asos online for dresses. I know you didn't have much luck online before, but they have high quality, stylish maternity dresses and I haven't found anything comparable in person.  I had one of their dresses last pregnancy that I wore to 3 different weddings throughout my 3rd trimester. Also, you should be your regular dress size. 
  • @sparrow thanks for the tips and the link. Nothing so fun, just a work trip to Orlando, but going as a spouse, and our accommodations has a pool.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • If the stomach bug hits me one more time, I'm going to have to buy smaller maternity clothes!  I already had to size down in everything as it is!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a plus sized (hate that Lane Bryant doesn't make maternity). Kohl's has an awesome plus sized collection and has very accurate sizing. You can't beat Kohl's cash.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• @kahlan82 I completely agree lane bryant carries one "nursing bra" and doesn't even go up to larger sizes.  It disappoints me the lack of plus size maternity clothes there are. Fat chicks get pregnant too!! 

• edited January 2017
    @Praying41 seraphine has very nice dresses even maternity wedding dresses. They are generally ~ $100 but have a sale going on now if you want to check them out.  They are my go to for work clothes (pea in the pod carries them as well and they have a big sale going on too).

@sparrow I have never heard of mine for nine - why!  What an awesome concept - thanks for posting the link!
  • Btw, I bought a super comfy pair of skinny jeans from destination maternity but the "secret panel" stitching came undone the first wash so it wouldn't stay up. I brought them back for an exchange and have never in my entire shopping life had such an easy transaction! Score one for destination maternity.
  • michaela0704michaela0704 member
    edited January 2017
    Out of everything I've purchased for my previous pregnancy and this one... I am in LOVE with the Motherhood ankle pant... it probably depends on body shape but I got my dad's 'chicken legs' and I love how they are form fitting on the legs so I can wear non-fitted tops without looking like a tent!

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=95936Z10291&MasterCategory_Id=MC27

I got mine at Macy's though as when I compared discounts... it was a better deal.
  • I ordered 2 tops and a dress from the GAP sale and really like them all. 

I sent my entire Stitch fix back because 2 items completely didn't fit and the rest were at best Old Navy quality for 3x the price. So disappointing!
  • I ordered 2 tops and a dress from the GAP sale and really like them all. 

I sent my entire Stitch fix back because 2 items completely didn't fit and the rest were at best Old Navy quality for 3x the price. So disappointing!
    My box was also disappointing. I only kept two items. A nice dress and a striped shirt with faux leather elbow patches. The rest was not worth it and not even maternity.
  • Out of everything I've purchased for my previous pregnancy and this one... I am in LOVE with the Motherhood ankle pant... it probably depends on body shape but I got my dad's 'chicken legs' and I love how they are form fitting on the legs so I can wear non-fitted tops without looking like a tent!

https://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=95936Z10291&MasterCategory_Id=MC27

I got mine at Macy's though as when I compared discounts... it was a better deal.
    Getting these pants. Do they look nice with ankle boots? How do sizes run?
  • @NYCProf, at least those 2 items sound nice. One of my items was also not maternity, and it was the most boring gray cardigan I have ever seen. I'm trying again next month and really hoping for some improvement or I'm out.