March 2017 Moms

swollen lady bits

so, my entire vagina is swollen and and tender. it's not pressure pains, I have those too. It feels like someone kicked me in the crotch ALL THE TIME. I can ice it, like I would a sports injury, and it helps. just wondering if any other mama's are experiencing this and having any luck with a remedy?  I didn't have it with my son who is 14 months old

Re: swollen lady bits

• I know some vaginal swelling is normal with added blood flow and change of hormones, but what you're describing with the tenderness and pain makes me think it may be linked to another issue--reaction to soaps or other scents/dyes, or even some kind of infection?? I'd say go in for an OB visit and ask them to check it out. 
  • I've spoken to the OB about it. no infections
  • Loading the player...
  • My vagina is also swollen, feel slight pressure or soreness at times more so when I am sitting on a hard surface like the toilet. I think the soreness is part of the swelling.  My OB said that this was normal and ust part of pregnancy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yep. I feel this way too.  @kayleaf is this your second + baby by any chance?
  • it's baby number 2. my son is 15 months old! @hippiemama
  • @kayleaf - I've heard from other mom friends that it tends to be more common once you've already had a baby. Who knows if that's true, but I did not ever feel this way with DD, and I definitely feel it this round.
  • C25C25 member
    Yes I have this very badly! Major swelling and pain, pressure too. This is my third and it gets worse each baby ;) I am 32 weeks but have had the swelling for quite a while now. I'm glad I'm not alone but it's very miserable for sure!
  • I am 29 weeks FTM and I have had this for a few weeks now!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• I was just complaining to my husband about this!! Glad I'm not the only one lol.. 
  • i didn't think I was swollen down there. I read this thread and thought, 'well that sucks'. But then I tried to have sex and holy crap everything down there is a disaster.  Don't people in the movies have a lot of 3rd trimester sex?  I honestly think I'm just swollen shut and closed for business. Nothing would come close to working. It would have been hilarious if it wasn't so uncomfortable.