August 2017 Moms

Maternity Clothes

Anyone broken them out yet? Third kid bloat is no joke, so I broke out maternity jeans today. And OMG, bliss! So much more comfortable. 
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Maternity Clothes

• yes!!!  My third baby too and I already look 5 months pregnant.   And, I can't even suck it in anymore.   *sigh* 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• STMs where do you like to shop for maternity clothes?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • STMs where do you like to shop for maternity clothes?
    My friends'  houses. lol...

With #1, I had a lot of hand me downs from friends and bought a couple things from Motherhood and Old Navy

With #2  I just bought tunic style and long shirts and leggings...no necessarily maternity.  Just bigger sizes.    Dresses as shirts, etc.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• @Kathryn0903 there was a post with places to buy earlier. I'll tag you in it. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I have broken out the pants.  I have shirts washed too.  I have also been wearing leggings a lot.  My pants were very uncomfortable by the end of the day.  I figure, why fight it.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 3rd baby, and I'm huge, I just feel so bloated.!
    I'm wearing leggings for now. I am actually wearing a maternity shirt today (I never packed them away from last pregnancy, I just moved them over in my closet) I have no maternity jeans though and I can't wear spandex to work everyday so I'm going to have to go shopping soon.! I'll probably hit up Target or the motherhood maternity section in Macy's.
    I'll only buy like one or two things though, this is my last baby so I'm not going all out!
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Last time I was pregnant it was winter time, so I lived in leggings and tunics. Luckily it's totally cool to wear leggings as pants now so all my LLR stuff is putting in over time! As for this summer, I'm thinking maxi dresses are going to be my bff.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I shop at motherhood Maternity, Old Navy online and Gap for most of mine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • HA Several of my friends had babies in the past year, so I'm hoping to inherit/buy their hand-me-downs, both for me and baby :)
  • STM, I need new jeans, but it seems ridiculous to buy new non-maternity clothes now, it also seems too early (7w) to buy maternity clothes, thoughts?
  • STM, I need new jeans, but it seems ridiculous to buy new non-maternity clothes now, it also seems too early (7w) to buy maternity clothes, thoughts?
    I would hold off on the new non-maternity jeans because you're a STM. Most STMs start showing earlier the second time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lrwojtowicz, last time, I went ahead and got a couple pair of maternity pants early, because of needing pants in general. I had two pair that looked normal and I started wearing early. I was glad to have not purchased regular pants at that point. They never would have fit after baby (super sick and lost a ton of weight while pregnant and then breastfeeding). I had no idea what my body was going to do. However, I despise maternity pants and plan to avoid them as long as possible. Dresses for me!
  • Third kid bloat here too! I can still fit in most of my normal jeans, especially my slightly bigger stuff for when I have cycle bloat, but I keep eyeballing the pair of maternity pants I just picked up. They are so comfy. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Natural MC - 4/18/10 (9 weeks)
    DS was born six weeks early on December 2010!
    Natural MC - 11/21/11 (7 weeks)
    DS born full term on October 2012!
  • I'm a FTM and I bought maternity jeans last night. I had a belly band that I had been using but after changing outfits three times on New Years Eve and having to leave the house in track pants, I just couldn't take it. 

I understand it's way to early and there is no way I'm showing at 7 weeks. I am just so incredibly bloated and any pressure against that area is insanely  uncomfortable. The bloat has to be because of all the meds pre and post IVF. They looked at my ovaries during my last ultrasound and they are still stretched out and huge which they expected. 

I'm really sorry but I just didn't want to be in pain and not be able to breathe.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's all lularoe For me so no new wardrobe for me. Leggings and dresses for me. I'll be donating most of my maternity stuff when I find it because I was pregnant in the winter last time and there is no way I'm wearing all those jeans in FL in the summer. I'm still searching for my nursing bras. 
  • Some items tunics and leggings already.  I hate my maternity jeans and am looking for a quality pair or two to get me through the winter.  Anyone have suggestions on brands?  My pregnancy ended in December last time, so I didn't really invest in lots of winter items.  Would kill for a few longer sweaters right now.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For early pregnancy I liked the pants that had the elastic side panels in them.  Still looked like regular pants/jeans but didn't have the panel.  I have a bit of a pooch (w/out being preggo) so the demi-panel pants did not work for me.  I've gotten a few of the side panel pants out.  I got some great side panel skinny jeans from gap on sale in my normal pre-pregnancy size and they are too big!  
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 6 weeks, probably a little less due to late ovulation (will find out at dating scan on 20th) and I'm officially in maternity jeans!  The bloat is real!  They are so much more comfortable than my normal jeans and a belly band!
  • Wow. So glad I am not the only one busting out of my clothes this early. It's my first pregnancy. Everything I read said my weight shouldn't change much until the second trimester. I was starting to think maybe my eating habits aren't as healthy as I thought.
  • I showed pretty early and got incredibly huge with my first. So I expected to be even bigger this time. I cannot fit into any of my normal jeans. So it's leggings everyday. Thank goodness I'm staying home now. I've washed all my maternity clothes but I don't feel like I can wear them until I announce. I mean, side-ruching isn't exactly discreet lol. I'm 9w 2d and I remember feeling "huge" at 10 weeks with my first-- so I checked my bump photo from 10 weeks and I wanted to cry I looked soooo good back then and thought I was fat! Look at me now waaaaah
  • I'm so glad I'm not the only one feeling the 3rd kid bloat!  Before I got the BFP, I couldn't figure out why I was getting so fat - I assumed it was holiday indulgence!  I can't believe how much my belly sticks out already.  My brother totally called me out at Christmas, even before I announced to the family, because he said it looked like I had gained weight. Then he said - is there a surprise you want to tell us about??  I can't believe he guessed!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • chayamoskochayamosko member
    edited January 2017
    Omg I'm only on kid number2, but this bloat is ridiculous! I'm only 6+5 but look 5 months preg! I actually found that I could find a lot of maternity tops in reg stores like h+m, forever 21, and Marshalls, they sell (or at least two years ago they sold) tops in reg sizes but very huge and flowy. I would even sometimes get size x-small! 
  • @middy411,

Go easy on yourself.  I have yet to take a bump photo.  I am 10 lbs lighter than my last pregnancy, but swear my stomach looks twice as large.  Btw, I'm 9 +2
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Lauradi1010 Yes! I lost more weight than I started with too but my tummy just stayed big ugh! I have so much extra skin and flub there. I tried to get rid of it and ppl just kept telling me it would come off when I finished BFing... the same ppl who said BFing would help me shed the weight fast. Yea. Guess we will never know since I'm still BFing
  • Im so glad I'm not the only one who looks 5 months pregnant at 9 weeks! By the end of the day especially, the bloat is so very real. Add me to the club of living in LLR leggings. They're so comfy, though I was noticing today that they do nothing to hold it all in!
  • Team looking 5 months pregnant and living in leggings (except my A&D leggings are way more comfortable than my LLR - the horror!).  I have been wearing my post partum "fat jeans" as well, but I'm anxiously awaiting my motherhood maternity order so I can just let it all hang out. 
  • I'm 10.5 weeks but overweight. I'm not "showing" yet but my regular pants are getting pretty tight. I wonder when I will really start to show this time around being that I'm carrying an extra 10-15 lbs from pregnancy #1.. such a bummer!

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • Confession: I wasn't able to button my work pants the other day so I kept them unbuttoned all day and just wore a long undershirt and shirt.

I was already barely squeezing into those pants after gaining 20ish pounds this year. Those 20 pounds plus a bloated belly and that zipper just wasn't going to go up lol I stopped by the store after work and got a few new pants that are a size up but still not maternity pants.

I've been hard on myself for not fitting into some clothes when I'm only (almost) 9 weeks and a FTM, but this thread makes me feel a little better! 
  • im super bloated but have been losing weight due to all the sickness so my pants still fit but I just want to be in leggings all the time. I need new leggings and clothes in general so i plan on just stocking up on leggings (i have yet to try LLR) and long shirts. My SO keeps saying he thinks im showing early but i already have a gut when im not pregnant so im not sure it has anything to do with the baby. lol
  • You are not alone! none of my normal pants fit anymore, unless I want to use a hair tie to close them and still have a muffin top! th e one thing I felt like I bought too early was maternity bras. My boobs have gone from 32c to 36d and my old bras could not handle them lol!