TTC after 35
Options

TWW: Jan 2 - 8

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! 

If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!

Re: TWW: Jan 2 - 8

• Options
    MomifbyseaMomifbysea member
    edited January 2017
    Edited because I was one day off on DPO.

Warning DD mentioned...I'm 7DPO. Our timing was surprisingly good considering we were staying at my parents' house all that week for Christmas, LOL! We were -5, -3, -1, O. We were laughing so hard as we had to think up excuses for going down alone to our room in the basement while they had our toddler. Felt so taboo! My DH even pillaged olive oil in a plastic party cup. It kind of felt like a scene from a sitcom. The first two times we used the need to wrap presents as our excuse. Then, after Christmas we had to be more creative. Next time DH and I had to get showered and ready for a date night, and another time my mom was putting DD down for a nap and my dad ran out to the gym so we went for it, haha. So we shall see. Either way, we had fun trying! Also, good news that I just this morning called to schedule DH semen analysis as he and I had talked about the urgency due to my age several times over the holiday break and he ageeed to go. I asked if it would help if I called to set it up and he said yes. Whew!!! So that is Monday morning. Will be relieved when we can move on to IUI!
  • Options
    @Momifbysea yay for great timing and sneaking around! Haha. Also glad DH is finally doing the SA :) 

I'm 9DPO. BFN this morning, so waiting for AF to arrive this weekend. I'm so over the pregnancy symptoms that have now become my PMS routine. This is month 4 with crazy painful boobs and O-like pain. I've even had nausea during the last TWWs. So weird since the last three months I've completely let go of any hope! Stupid body. 

On a side note my AMH came back as 2.46. The RE said that was normal....although the range was something like 1-16! Seemed like I was a bit low. 

I had CD21 progesterone drawn today so we will see what that looks like soon. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @PoeMasque I understand, I have symptoms every month that have become standard pms, so strange what our bodies do. I no longer fall for any symptom I've become so cynical. I think it would take a dr telling me I was pregnant for me to believe it! Glad you're making progress with the RE!
  • Options
    GL @Momifbysea - glad you were still able to TTC - that's great timing.  So glad your DH decided to finally get the SA so you can move on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @vlagrl29! I think just bringing it up casually a few times but also telling him why the urgency (laying out the timeline logically backing up from when I turn 43, cutoff for IVF with my eggs) was a rationale approach that finally clicked with him. I also said, lightheartedly, "look, I've had a lot of poking and prodding and you know, it wasn't the most fun, and I'd love to help you out with your ONE thing, but it's the one thing that's impossible for me to do since I lack the parts!" So I don't want to jinx Monday by celebrating yet, but I think he will follow through now that there's an appointment on the books. Leaving it as an open ended timeframe led to procrastination.
  • Options
    Okay, update: he read the semen analysis directions and it says no intercourse 48 hrs prior (no prob) but also it can't have been more than 4 days! He's out of state for business til Saturday so I rescheduled him for Wednesday instead of Monday. Minor setback, no biggie...want to do this right!
  • Options
    for DH he couldn't ejaculate for 4 days prior to the SA.  They told us which day we had to have sex on and then he withheld until the appt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Momifbysea our paperwork said abstain for ejaculation for 3 days, but we had a month where we BD the night before, so I called the lab and they said that was fine (we had our best numbers on that SA), I've also read that abstaining prior to IUI actually lowers success rates. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    liljoy-2liljoy-2 member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, instructions were 4 days prior for SA and IUI. Hubs got his best numbers with 4 day for our IUI.
  • Options
    Interesting, thanks for sharing and funny how it differs slightly per clinic. When I called to ask how critical the timing was they said it was really important so we will stick to their window. Good to know @bestofjoy for when we head to IUI.
  • Options
    I decided to look this up on Up to Date (the medical reference resource for MDs), it confirms what I read, abstaining prior to IUI can lower success rates (not significantly though). My guess is for a SA they need to see what you're working with at baseline, hence the abstaining is important. 

Other interesting tidbits from the reference: better success rates with IUI if you have a full bladder, if they do ultrasound guided insemination, if you do IUI within 90mins of providing sperm sample, and there was not evidence to support multiple IUIs per cycle. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PoeMasque I really appreciate you lending a clinical perspective, this and many other times. There are so many variables at play!
  • Options
    AF for me today! Fx that clomid does the trick. Putting all the good vibes I have into this next cycle :)

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker