November 2016 Moms

Health, Wellness, & Fitness: 01.2-01.8

I thought we could give this a whirl and continue it if you guys are game/interested...

How many weeks PP are you?

How is/was your PP recovery?

What healthy choices are you making this week (eating habits, sleep, exercise...)?

What are some of your short term health goals this month?

GTKY: If you could be (location) anywhere in the world right now (beginning of January) with your significant other and LO(s), where would you be?

Married: 08.05.11
Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16

Re: Health, Wellness, & Fitness: 01.2-01.8

• 6 weeks PP as of Sunday the first.
    so far recovery has gone well. Bleeding stopped at 4 weeks and I got into my old jeans again, oh and wedding ring fits again too yay! I don't have my check up for two more weeks however.
    Recent healthy choice includes substituting one meal (lunch or breakfast) with shakeology.
    goal for this month is to loose 5 lbs
    if I could be anywhere it would be Hawaii right now. I miss the warm weather!

• 8.5 weeks PP and recovery is great! I definitely feel heavier than ever - but I think that is because of the holiday indulgences more than baby! My most miserable pregnancy-related issue are my butt-nuts, which are giving me all kinds of grief! My MW wrote me a prescription for some kind of cream thing to put on them (or in my bottom, I'm not exactly sure) and I'm going to pick that up this week.Y

Were starting the Whole30 this week! We were supposed to start today, but we still had beer in the fridge and we chose to have dinner with friends instead of grocery shop, so we're gonna start in a few days! 

Short term goals: drink at least two full hydroflask bottles of water a day (shoot for 3!), go to the gym at least once, and go to bed before midnight when DH is working.

I think I'd love to repeat our family trip to Bend, OR, where it's snowy and lovely! We have gone to celebrate our daughters last two birthdays and it's quickly become a favorite tradition for us!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 5 weeks PP. And had a really smooth recovery this time but still have some random bleeding. 

I just started Whole30 and want to see it through but am already encountering challenges I'm not accustomed to - baby makes cooking time impossible and I already have a sugar withdrawal headache. 

For now it's just to finish a Whole30. And as long as I get the "all clear" at my 6 week PP, I want to get back in the pool. 

GTKY: If you could be (location) anywhere in the world right now (beginning of January) with your significant other and LO(s), where would you be?
    Fiji or the like- a warm beach with white sands sounds super amazing in this freaking cold. 
  • 6 weeks PP today. Still having a little bleeding which is so annoying. I have my 6 week Dr visit today

ive gained weight the last week or two thanks to Christmas candy. And especially because I had a lot of stress this last week that lead to some major candy binging at night 

I want to start working out again but I have no idea when I'll find the time. Also would like to figure out how to fall asleep instead of laying there for 1 hour or more trying to fall asleep and then my window to sleep closes. 

Healthy eating is a dream but I've never been very good at it and right now I'm so tired all the time I cant even imagine trying to cook/prep much. 

I would be be on a warm beach somewhere with 24/7 child care. 

• How many weeks PP are you? 10 weeks tomorrow (holy cow!)

How is/was your PP recovery? my stomach skin just above my incision is still numb. And sometimes is tender. Annoying. My rings are finally fitting on my finger again but I think I may still size them up slightly since they are hard to get on and off at this point. If my hands swell at all I may lose circulation. 

What healthy choices are you making this week (eating habits, sleep, exercise...)?
    I am going to start some home workouts this week! My gym membership also comes off of being on hold on Thursday but I'm not sure I'm ready to leave baby in the daycare there. I might be crazy. 

get my workouts in! My back and neck have been in so much pain I could hardly move the past few weeks so I think strengthening would really help at this point! 

somewhere warm!!! With our anniversary coming up perhaps Turks and Caicos, in a villa on the beach, with a pool!! DH and I got married there but on a cruise ship so we actually never got the chance to see the island so we're looking forward to going back. 

• How many weeks PP are you? 9 as of yesterday

How is/was your PP recovery? Painful in the beginning, just fine now. Ive been back in my pre-pregnancy clothes for a while now. 

What healthy choices are you making this week (eating habits, sleep, exercise...)? Going to the physical therapist next week to get cleared for exercise 

What are some of your short term health goals this month? Working my way back into an exercise routine 

GTKY: If you could be (location) anywhere in the world right now (beginning of January) with your significant other and LO(s), where would you be? Somewhere sunny with a babysitter to take care of nighttime feedings!
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • I hope all of you doing the January Whole30 success! I have done 5 or 6 in the past few years. I decided against doing the January one because I don't think I could find the time for all the food prep.

How many weeks PP are you? 
    6+2

How is/was your PP recovery? It was fine. I got some sort of flu the second day home. This caused me to expel all excess water from my body so I was back down to pre pregnancy weight pretty quick (about 30 lbs). I was so thankful I had been wearing depends otherwise I would have had a few messes. Losing the weight so fast caused a rash on my legs that finally cleared up after a couple weeks. But other than that I feel great and have pretty much since the second week.

I binged on desserts over the holidays so cutting back on that. We renewed our Y membership so I am finally going to get back to my cardio kickboxing classes this week!

just easing my way back into my workout routine.

I'm not a big traveler. I like being home.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• How many weeks PP are you? 8.5 weeks

How is/was your PP recovery? GREAT, and I'm back to working out.

Eating better (less carbs, more fruit and veggies, and we're doing no (in reality lower) sugar January, and working out (beachbody 21 day fix but only 3-4 days/week)

I'd like to see the scale number go down.

Home is pretty great right now.  We're in winter and it's cold and we have lots of snow!
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • How many weeks PP are you? Six today!

How is/was your PP recovery? Could be worse. Bleeding stopping at about four weeks. Had a teeny tiny spot of blood today. -__- I've had some minor urine leakage... ugh, so still rocking liners. On the bright side, lost my weight in two weeks. But now I'm under my weight, and I'm afraid I'm losing all of my muscle  :'(

Cutting back (not out :P) on sweets—my mom is a holiday baking nut. Bought some prepped healthy foods during my grocery haul for the week. Worth the extra expense to my budget while we're still adjusting... DH has had minimal patience for cooking, understandably.

DH goes back to work on Monday, so I want to focus on figuring out and sticking to our routine since we'll be solo soon. I want to get back to my body pump classes, and get a futsal session or two in.

A hot beach!
  • How many weeks PP are you? 10 weeks as of Monday 

How is/was your PP recovery? The first 2 weeks were hard but after that not bad besides gaining weight instead of losing it!!!

Starting to look up work outs since I seem to be gaining weight instead of losing it! 

What are some of your short term health goals this month? To work out 5 days a week at least and lose 5-10lbs. 

GTKY: If you could be (location) anywhere in the world right now (beginning of January) with your significant other and LO(s), where would you be? Florida 
  • How many weeks PP are you?
    11 weeks 

How is/was your PP recovery?
     Pretty great actually! Bleeding was never too out of control and stopped at 3 weeks. 

What healthy choices are you making this week (eating habits, sleep, exercise) 
    We meal planned and I prepped on Sunday so I have healthy quick meals in the fridge along with snacks ready to go. So long mac and cheese. I went back to my barre class this week and am reallllly sore! Felt so good to go back but how on earth does everyone find time to work out?! If by chance he naps during the day I brush my teeth or clean up a bit. 

To shed the last of this baby weight!

Oh gosh, away from this cold WI weather! Back to Jamaica! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Those who are working out, how are you doing it? Do you do it when someone else is watching LO or use gym day care facilities or do you have workout equipment at home? I want to start working out but it is too cold for the stroller outside and I'm not sure I want him at the gym day care this young. In theory I could go after my H gets home from work but LO is usually fussy around that time and it doesn't work well having H on duty (hoping to work on that but it just isn't great right now). I could always do something like 30 day Shred DVD or whatever but I don't like doing videos really though maybe I Have to change that mindset. 
  • @kvruns I've just barely started working out, but I've been trying to go on my husband's days off - which give me a break, too, which is nice!

I do plan to use the gym's childcare, but as soon as we are all healthy (first DD1 had pneumonia, then DD2 had some respiratory virus and now it's my turn!). I'm a little nervous to put her there so young, but honestly, she's exposed to every germ from big sister and she'll probably be in the swing or being carried in an Ergo by a worker (which are mostly local moms), so it's not as scary as it was when DD1 was a baby.

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsbigtime I think my biggest worry about the gym day care is I've heard some will come get you the second the baby cries or if they need a diaper change and stuff. I understand the diaper part but I'm afraid of the crying part since he doesn't do well in the swing at home and I know they won't just hold him. I need to check on their policies and stuff and also just check it out in general.  
  • @kvruns I feel the exact same way!!! M doesn't like his swing etc for any length of time. My best bet would be to hope he falls asleep in the car and then leave him in his car seat. However I used to work at a gym with an AMAZING childcare program and they did not allow infants to remain in a car seat and it's hard to keep holding one baby with others there to have to pay attention to. I'm nervous about leaving him there so I'm really torn. 
  • @kvruns with DD I paid a sitter to watch her twice a week while I went running. I also did the beach body workouts on DVD like Insanity and T25 while she napped. Also got out with the stroller and baby carrier as much as possible. After I went back to work I snuck in an hour at the gym after work got out and before I picked her up at day care but I was on a reduced schedule at work so it wasn't like I was leaving her at day care for 10 hours or anything.
  • While I've always loved working out and did pretty aggressively before my first, I quickly realized that I had to choose between being with my child or going to the gym with my work schedule. As a result I learned the values of the quality of food I was eating instead of portion control and simply aimed to be active throughout my day (i.e. Stairs, parking further, taking the baby for a walk/run) and managed to drop 70+ pounds. 

I only share because I remember wanting to workout so badly but wanting to be there for my baby just as much if not more and it caused a lot of stress and frustration and guilt in my life for that duration of time. 
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited January 2017
    @kvruns so far I have had my mom come to watch Amelia so I can go to the gym or when my husband is home. Once I am done with maternity leave, my mom is watching her on some days and I plan on going to the gym those days. Some of the days I will have someone come into our home or have her at an in home daycare (haven't figured out yet) on those days I might try to hit the gym as well.

Eta: when she is a little older I will probably use the gym daycare
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Do any of you ladies have a Baby Bootcamp in your area? I did it for 2.5 years with my first daughter and it was one of the best decisions I ever made! I got to bring my baby to workout with me, and in turn, I made some of my best mom friends! My local class doesn't work for our schedule anymore, but if it did, I'd probably still be going!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have something called Stroller Strides here for moms with babies. You bring your kid and push them in the stroller through the workout. It's outdoors though and cold here now so not sure how motivated I am to join ha ha.
  • BBC has franchise guidelines on how cold it can be before needing to cance class or offer an indoors one. We used a gymnasium in the winter!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I looked it up and how great... just not one near me. :(
  • There's a Stroller Strides here! Thanks @rspalding001! Now I just have to get cleared by the doc and work up the courage to go. 
  • We have a baby boot camp here. The price kind of turned me off since I already pay for a gym membership but maybe I should look again bc I don't see me getting to the gym until I'm back to work and have day care