August 2017 Moms
Options

Can we talk about sex?

Anyone else not having it? DH and I haven't had sex since we conceived. This is literally the longest we've ever gone (even longer than both post-partum periods with my kids). But with the constant nausea, the initial fear (I was afraid it would irritate my cervix and cause bleeding and afterward two losses, I didn't need extra anxiety), plus the constant battle of a yeast infection and nightly progesterone suppositories, I just don't see it happening any time soon. DH is very understanding and patient, but I can't even kiss him with the nausea. I feel kind of bad about it, but not bad enough, lol!

Anyone else in a similar boat?
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Can we talk about sex?

• Options
    Me too! Haven't done it since we conceived.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ugh we've DTD twice since getting BFP, and I wasn't into it either time. Im way too tired! With the way I'm feeling lately, hubby may not get any action until 6 weeks post partum. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We aren't really either.  Only a couple of times since we conceived this baby. I definitely want this to improve.  I have been nervous about if it will make me spot or not too.  H is definitely understanding.  I should put in some effort in this area soon though.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have found that I can never find interest at night, but we enjoy early morning when I'm not so exhausted. 
  • Options
    Don't feel bad! Yes sex is important in a marriage but there will be times where its not happening. We have had a really hard sex life for a little while now, I'm shocked i am pregnant, but with moving and trying to wean a baby, we are just over it by the time we end up in bed. We all go through stages. =) 
  • Options
    at first my DH was afraid to touch me, he didn't want to disturb anything. We've DTD a handful of times since the BFP, but in all honestly, i was totally not into it. I feel gross! I'm bloated, my boobs hurt and I'm constipated (tmi sorry). I'm trying to do it at least a 1-2 a week, I told DH as long as i'm comfortable, and don't have any cramping, it should be fine. He understands...hopefully that lasts! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The struggle is real lol. I like many above just plain dont feel like it. Ive tried a few times, last time was 3 days ago and i started spotting yesterday. Im already a nervous wreck and the dang dr is blaming it on the sex. Lol at this point im like, ahhh im never having sex againnnn!! but hopefully 2nd trimester will be a little better.
  • Options
    We haven't since conception. With my knee injury he's afraid he'll hurt me. Plus, TMI, but I've had explosive diarrhea and I feel gross
  • Options
    I have no interest whatsoever... At any time of the day! My poor husband
  • Options
    I was the same during weeks 5-6.. I was totally not into it and also nervous that something bad would happen afterwards (bleeding, cramping, etc.). I think we went a solid 3 weeks without. Since we've both been on vacation from work this past week we've been DTD way more often and it's been great. Feels like we're back to our old selves pre-TTC. If you feel up to it, you should go for it one morning/night! Like others said, once you get started it's more enjoyable than that initial anticipation :wink:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure how many of you are FTMs - but with my first hubby and i were really wierd about sex. This time around its all go! The nausea does stall our sex life a bit, but we just go for it when i feel like it. 
  • Options
    Anyone do it early in the morning that's using using progesterone suppositories at night? I'm pretty sure the best time would be before I insert that at night, but am too nauseated. DH may just have to wait a bit longer until those are done!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The struggle is real! I've been so out of the mood since the bfp... I think it's a combo of my hormones not making me feel really into it,  generally feeling kinda gross, cramping, and just being a terrified FTM. Usually when I feel like this I'd have a glass of wine to help out. 

Glad I'm not the only one!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We were still having sex regularly at first! But then on 12/18 I had some pink discharge. After having a loss in July we got really nervous. We had an ultrasound on 12/19 and baby was fine! My midwife said something had irritated my cervix (not sex because sex had been a few days prior). She said we could keep having sex but to hold off and call her if had the pink discharge again. DH and I have been to nervous try again. So now it's been a while! This is our third baby. We've always had sex pretty regularly throughout pregnancies, and normally I'm the one convincing him it's fine and won't hurt the baby. But after the loss before and spotting this time...now I'm not sure when we'll be ready again.
  • Options
    Yup. Same boat. Not feeling it. I want to, but I'm not. Hubby has been patient. Even though plenty of people say it's fine, I still can't get past the nerves of it causing something to go wrong. It's tough. I feel bad for him. Really hoping for that "energy boost" in 2nd trimester.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Odd ball out here, we have sex probably 1-2 times a week. Although there have been a couple of times since getting BFP that it's been slightly painful. 
  • Options
    @a2003tiger I was wondering the same thing! We DTD last night but tonight's my first night using progesterone suppositories and I know my dr said that there can be some "leftovers" after using them the next day. :s  
  • Options
    I've been the opposite! Like super into sex since I got my BFP. However I was breastfeeding and that dropped my drive badly so the baby hormones may have perked it wayyyy up. I have no been into foreplay though... that seems nauseating. And I don't like feeling hot or hot breath on me or I get sick.
  • Options
    Lurk Alert. Prego sex is the best. Just make yourself do it.  You won't regret it. 
  • Options
    First time around I was in the same boat. It was all new and weird and even my husband was uncomfortable. 
    2nd time now and nope. I mean were not every single moment because I am tired too and fall asleep early some night. But when we do everything sensitive to touch and it's the best really. You find better positions for you. 
    Also am I the only one having the dirty sex dreams? They started before I knew I was pregnant this time, it should have been a sign. I had them my whole first pregnancy. They are intense and vivid and super blush worthy. Only while I'm pregnant though. Lol

• Options
    Between all the pregnancy symptoms I'm having which makes me not interested at all and being on pelvic rest due to spotting it has been a no go for us for several weeks now. I'm hoping things get better before long. 
  • Options
    We only have once but it was the best I've ever had, probably because we went 6 weeks without it! It's been another 3 weeks and I can't seem to find a good time (sick in the morning and after dinner until bed) but I actually want to because it was sooo great for both of us! hahaha tmi sorry :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't since before I got the positive pregnancy test just shy of the 5 week mark. I've been way too tired and nauseous, and the bloating makes me feel so unsexy. DH doesn't seem to mind. At one point I said "sorry I haven't been in the mood" and he replied, "Well you feel like shit so I totally understand." 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually haven't felt too bad.. no bloat, just some nausea.  But we DTD once since I POAS and I was not feeling it.  Then I got a cold sore followed by a hellish cold.  Now I guess I gotta do it. Bleh.
  • Options
    @MatteaGabrielle im having sooo many sex dreams! I had alot when i was pregnant the first time too. 
  • Options
    We haven't DTD since the day we conceived. :/ We avoided it during implantation time, and then after the BFP I've been nervous about the possibility of spotting after DTD. My PGAL brain can't handle spotting right now so we're going to wait till 2nd tri. I'm feeling gross so it's not a big loss for me... poor DH! 
  • Options
    @blueskies17 I also avoided sex during implantation time.  I have also been nervous about spotting after.  
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @blueskies17 you sound just like me. We tried it once after my BFP, but then I started vaginal progesterone so it's been off the table until 2nd tri. 
  • Options
    Not at all yet either. DH is worried about hurting the baby.  Last baby I spotted for eight weeks straight so it wasn't an issue.  DH hates pregnancy sex since he can only focus on the baby in there.  It's a huge turn off to him.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The mister loves how big my boobs have gotten and is super excited about that, but I've felt so bloated and unattractive. We've only DTD two times in nearly a month. I feel bad, but he's very understanding.