Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday

I thought I'd just start some posts this week and see what we like. I figure if we don't like it we can always scrap or revise it the following week. Feel free to make suggestions. I know there was some discussion about making separate benched/TTA posts but I thought since there aren't very many of us it might be best to have them as one post for now. 

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!
You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: AW yourself! What is something you are awesome at?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? 2 things- 1. DHs timeline and mine were not the same. I was ready late spring/early summer last year. He isn't ready until late spring/early summer this year. 2. Grad school- I have always wanted to go and since he wasn't ready yet I thought what a nice TTC distraction. I am done in December so as long as my due date is after that I'm good :)

I am dropping the pill when I finish my RX in March. So at least until then. 
    Okay. Some weeks are better than others. I have been not so patiently waiting for a while now, since I'm finally getting close I'm excited to start. My semester should start soon and hopefully help the time pass quickly. 
    Any R/R?
    Rant: 1st day back at work and it's going to be a busy day. 
    Rave: It is a short week :)
    GTKY: AW yourself! What  is something you are awesome at? I think I'm pretty good at artsy/crafty stuff. 
  • Are you benched or TTA? A little bit of both, TTA do to economic factors, benched anyway because of RA flare ups. 

What brings you here? Economic factors, like I mentioned before, and school. As badly as we want to continue procreating the Brady Bunch, I really need to finish school and get back to work, and I'd love for FI the complete his bachelor's and get some of the certifications he's been eye balling out of the way.

How long do you think you'll be here? Either until my Nexplanon expires and "the time is right" (like that even exists haha) or until we just can't stand it anymore.

How have things been going? They're going. Every time we do the sexing I think "I sure wish I didn't have this stick in my arm", but it's for the best for now. The rational and logical side of my brain knows that we're doing the right thing, but that longing still lingers.

Any R/R? Rant: Life, man. Rave: I'm getting a doggy! My brother has been hinting that he wanted me to take this dog that ran up to their house. At first I was like NOPE. No way in hell am I bringing another living creature, much less a dog into my home. Well, he came over to show her to me yesterday. She's about 8 months old, fixed, housebroken, was definitely taken care of, but nobody has claimed her. My main reason for saying no originally was my boys are very little, 17-months-old and 3-months-old, I don't want them getting hurt. Well, once my brother opened my front door, that dog darted into my house. I panicked because Johnny (3mos) was laying on his play mat on the floor, and Jimmy (17mos) was standing at the front door. The dog ran in, stopoed, did a double take to run back and lick Jimmy's face, saw Johnny (my heart filled with dread, I just KNEW she was going to get excited, pounce him, and hurt him), then she DROPPED TO HER STOMACH. INCHED OVER TO THE BABY. SNIFFED HIS EAR, THEN GAVE HIM ONE LICK AND JUST STARED AT HIM. I was sold. That is a children's dog, and now she is MY children's dog. Her name his Lucy. 

GTKY: AW yourself! What is something you are awesome at? Hmmm. I don't really know? I used to be a good writer and was artsy, but I got burnt out of that stuff when people expected me to write and create things for them. Took the passion away. I make good grades. I'm 'okay' at just about everything, but not really 'great' at anything. Does having awesome people skills count? I have those, or so I'm told :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you benched or TTA?  Confused about whether I'm benched, TTA, both, or neither.  I'm on the pill now (just switched from mini- to regular BCP).

What brings you here?  Longing for a little Henry Maxwell or a little Mary (or Rose, or Linnea) to complete our family.  The cup runneth over but I am still greedy.

How long do you think you'll be here?  Ehh, I'm hoping to get the husband on board in about 6 months, but could be anywhere from that to a year or indefinitely.  My last pregnancy was rough--lots of puking; cholestasis, etc, etc, so we swore we were done, so it is going to take a lot of persuasion and/or selective memory for DH to go for it again.

How have things been going?  Everyone in our house has been fighting various colds/illnesses and somehow we managed to pick up hand, foot, & mouth disease in Mexico, so things have kind of sucked lately, but hopefully we are on the upswing.

Any R/R?  Rant: I love my kids but WHY is Christmas break 3.5 weeks long???  So. long.
    Rave:  I made an awesome leftovers dinner last night.  Fruit salad, broiled bagels & cream cheese, pasta, & veggie soup.

GTKY: AW yourself! What is something you are awesome at?  I am awesome at being a cheapskate.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • @AllyTheKid awww! Yay for a new doggie :) What kind is Lucy?

@mill1020 I hope everyone feels better soon! 
  • Hi there!  

Are you benched or TTA? 
    I am benched for medical reasons until August (and then I have get checked out by my OB and endocrinologist to get the green light, but that should be fine.  Just have to make sure my thyroid numbers are good.)

What brings you here? 
    I have major baby fever and a bunch of pre TTC goals to check off of my list, so I think this would be a good place to hang out and connect with other ladies on the same page!

At least until August, but hopefully not longer than that!

Okay. My husband is in the midst of applying to new jobs (his schedule isn't very family friendly, so this is a good thing) and while I think it's right for him to change to a better schedule, potentially changing our health insurance is making me very nervous, especially with TTC on the horizon!  (I also have an autoimmune disease, so health insurance is very important to me!)  I work too, but I work in a non union entertainment industry job, so I will never have benefits through work, sadly.

Any R/R?
    Not at the moment.

I'm a pretty good singer/songwriter!  It's kind of fallen by the wayside since career and baby have taken over my life, haha, but I used to be the lead singer in a band, did some solo pop music, etc.  Now, since playing music in bars doesn't align with my current lifestyle, I've switched to writing fiction.
  • @glitzandglitter She's a chocolate lab/pit mix. I was very skeptical about her because of the pit in her at first, but after meeting her I've realized, just like all stereotypes, take it with a grain on salt. She's absolutely wonderful, and she lets Jimmy climb all over her without batting an eye. Perfect pup!

@maureenmce I used to manage a few punk rock bands, and do booking at my friend's venue until they closed it down and moved. Such a shame they left, but family comes first, and their's needed them. Ahhh, the glory days.
  • @AllyTheKid my aunt has a pit and she is the sweetest ever! She loves playing with my boys :)
  • @AllyTheKid Ah, glory days indeed!  My husband and I met when we were both in bands (I opened for his band on 4th of July in 2008 and the rest is history!)  So at least we get to reminisce together.  We both talk about playing music again once the kid(s) are in school, just for fun.  
  • @glitzandglitter I can't get over what a good girl she is. She needs a little work with her house manners (staying off of the furniture, not running through the hall, not jumping up on the baby gates, just little stuff like that), but I think that will be a breeze, she listens really well. I'm actually really shocked her owners haven't turned up yet, my brother put flyers all over town, and call the police station and pound to see if anybody had reported a lost dog, but nada. It's obvious she was somebody's baby and they worked with her. She wasn't just some yard dog that got out.
  • Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA

What brings you here? 
    Nursing School

Another 8 months

There are ups and downs. Has a loved one/family friend pass away earlier this week, and every time we lose someone it just reminds me how unpredictable life is and how short of time we may have with LOs. She was only 49. DH literally said "it makes you wonder if we're halfway through out lives". Yep, it sure does.

Any R/R?
    Just excited to actually be 8 months away from TTC again. It's kind of crazy. And to think I'll graduate another 8 months after that!

I am awesome at... reading? I'm actually really awesome at writing research essays, if that counts. And making pancakes. And chicken. And lasagna. But I wouldn't say "cooking" in general, because there are some things that just do not turn out awesome no matter what.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I've been forced to have some thoughts like that too lately :( A friend of mine just had a heart attack a week and a half ago at 41 - so sad. I am sorry for your loss. 

What area of nursing are you hoping to do after you graduate?
  • @glitzandglitter - I'm undecided between women's health and something with cardiology. I'm leaning more toward women's health. I'd love to work in a fertility clinic, tbh.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023