April 2017 Moms

Exercise/Fitness Check-in - January

I figured it's 2017 so time for a fit mama check-in! As always, all are welcome regardless of where you are on your fitness journey! Feel free to check in using the template below, or just write a quick note to tell us how you're doing.

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was December for you fitness-wise?

3: What are your goals for the week/month ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions/Anything else you want to add?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Exercise/Fitness Check-in - January

• Loading the player...
  • 1: How far along are you?  26w 1d

2: How was December for you fitness-wise? It was good. I missed a bunch of my classes being out of town but I picked them right up when we got back in town and have added prenatal yoga to the mix. 

3: What are your goals for the week/month ahead? To go to yoga at least twice a week + continue my bi-weekly strength training class, and walk the dog everyday 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Honestly the yoga classes have been such a wonderful celebration of all the work I've put in with strength training. Doing a different exercise is showing me how much strength I've gained and that makes me really proud. 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions/Anything else you want to add? Just that it's hard to find good quality maternity exercise pants...I did find some make-do yoga pants at my yoga studio so that's good but still annoying not have a ton of options. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • catem07catem07 member
    edited January 2017
    1: How far along are you?  27 weeks 5 days

2: How was December for you fitness-wise?it was pretty good. Hit the gym a lot

3: What are your goals for the week/month ahead?  Figuring out what works for me. I just started cramping every time I run, within a minute, so that's a big bummer 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I'm not

5: Rants/Raves/Questions/Anything else you want to add? Just the running thing is annoying. Right now I'm either walking on an incline or on the spinning bike
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @Omie_Wise Agreed on the maternity workout clothes.  For winter I have one long-sleeve workout maternity shirt my SIL gave me and other than that, it's baggy tshirts and leggings! If I'm working out at home I have one pair of athletic shorts that still fit if I wear them under my bump so I've been using those a lot.

@Beckyf321 Your cookies comment made me laugh! There were a lot of cookies involved in my December too; you're definitely not alone there.  :)  My family made a cookie recipe from my grandma that is basically cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and flour..... so good!!

@chelle087 Glad you're still able to run! I get a stitch in my side when just from walking pretty frequently so I'm super impressed.

@catem07 I am curious what a "spinning bin" is? Sorry to hear about the running. :/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • 1: How far along are you?  almost 25 weeks

2: How was December for you fitness-wise? It just wasn't.  I was slowly emerging from always being sick for the first 14-16 weeks or so and then it's taken me a bit to get back in the habit.

3: What are your goals for the week/month ahead?  DH really wanted a gym membership so I'm with him for solidarity.  I have a complete reimbursement through work if I make it 12 times.  If not, DH and I both agreed the money to pay for the gym comes out of our "allowance" so that's a good motivator. I got a friend to join so we are going to some classes together. 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments?  

5: Rants/Raves/Questions/Anything else you want to add?  I had to switch to prenatal yoga because the program I use needed too many modifications.  It's ok, but feels slow. 

I think I peed myself about 12 times during Zumba last night. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @schef070911 that would be a spinning bike...sorry for the typo!
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @schef070911, I have a similar recipe!  It's a St. Louis recipe, we call them gooey butter cookies.  Cream cheese, stick of butter, yellow cake mix, egg, vanilla, mixed together then rolled in powdered sugar.  They are so damn good.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17