March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 1/2/17!

Re: Randoms! 1/2/17!

• @kiyamurph That is absolutely beautiful!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• My local H&M has a maternity section and I can't stay away! By far my favorite maternity clothes, no saggy butt! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jilliants I love the H&M maternity section!!! I've also gotten most of my clothes from ASOS. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Jilliants I LOVE H&Ms maternity section too! Their shirts tend to be longer, and their non-maternity basic tanks are super long too, which have been a lifesaver for my 5'9" frame and short shirts from other stores.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • H&M for the win! I haven't purchased too many clothes... lucked out with hand-me-downs, but I went there end of first Tri and got some skinny jeans, sweats, flannels and a few dresses (all on sale for uber cheap!) 
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    edited January 2017
    So-browsing our March google doc ((so many ppl, so little participation ;) ha)) @DrillSergeantCat - the first of us due! Valentine's Day!! 40days away. How are you feeling!?

Or was there anyone else that has C-sections or induction dates scheduled around then?? 
  • kjd291 said:
    So-browsing our March google doc ((so many ppl, so little participation ;) ha)) @DrillSergeantCat - the first of us due! Valentine's Day!! 40days away. How are you feeling!?

Or was there anyone else that has C-sections or induction dates scheduled around then?? 
    Feeling pretty good. I go in 13 days to find out if she's still breech (I think she is) and if so, then I'll schedule a c-section for the 8th. I'm not looking forward to the c-section, but if that's the safest way to get her here then so be it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • kjd291 said:

Feeling pretty good. I go in 13 days to find out if she's still breech (I think she is) and if so, then I'll schedule a c-section for the 8th. I'm not looking forward to the c-section, but if that's the safest way to get her here then so be it. 
    Aww! I'm sorry she's still not cooperating, mama!! Prayers that she's just being stubborn and flips real soon!
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox we have the same issue except it's our neighbor to the side of us. The mother screams and yells at the kids every day. They are small children can't be older than 5. I keep waiting for the thud against the wall so I can call CPS. I jokingly tell my husband we need to go over and let her know we are both mandated reporters maybe she will chill out. 

• Speaking of H&M, apparently their baby clothes are great too!  And organic.  I was surprised to hear it.  Haven't actually seen any of it in person though but have been eyeing it online. 
  • Finally figured out why my dog was looking guilty when I got home. Wish he would have picked a room other than my DD's to throw up in :neutral:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • anonellis said:
    Speaking of H&M, apparently their baby clothes are great too!  And organic.  I was surprised to hear it.  Haven't actually seen any of it in person though but have been eyeing it online. 
    I purchased a few cute organic cotton onsies and some little top/bottom sets from H+M for baby, they are super soft!! I washed them and they got even softer. I got a few little hats as well as a little jacket - I wouldn't say the quality of the construction is high (seams are not the best, but I'm abnormally picky because I'm a product designer), but he's only going to be wearing most of it for a few months at most. And it's pretty cheap. 
  • @DrillSergeantCat I know it would be creepy but sometimes I wish our bellies would just be see through so we could know what was going on in there! LO was head down at last US and has stayed that way.. except I felt hiccups higher than usual this morning and now I'm worried she flipped herself upright. And of course, she hasn't had the hiccups since even though she usually gets them like 20 times a day... 
  • anonellis said:
    Speaking of H&M, apparently their baby clothes are great too!  And organic.  I was surprised to hear it.  Haven't actually seen any of it in person though but have been eyeing it online. 
    Just be sure you check out their size chart! I guess that goes for any store, but they especially have weird sizings. My 2-year-old is 38 inches and I think still has a pair of 1y-2y pants from there that fit. 
    On the other hand, when he was born I had a kimono shirt in their smallest size that he hulked out of the first time I put him in it in the hospital.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • I lost my wallet today at McDonald's. It's fine forever. I already called to deactivate everything and get a new drivers license, but I'm so bummed that I had a chick fil a gift card in there, lol. Im also really sad about the wallet itself...it was an anniverary present from my husband last year. He was so mad today and trying to be nice about it, but on him that just looks like the silent treatment, lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I too am nesting. We moved into this house a year and a half ago and it's *finally* getting organized. I think DH is too because the garage is miraculously getting cleaned on his own accord, no nagging or anything! 
    My random is that I think I'm giving birth to a dinosaur. I don't remember feeling fingernails with DD like I do with this one. Like claws. Or daggers. Ouch!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina I would've been sooo pissed about the chick fil a gift card!! We don't have one where we live but there is one not too far from where we're moving to. It's one of the places I missed the most when I moved from Ohio!
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox I'm with you, by the end of the day anymore I'm in pain from my bras or especially the elastic part of a shelf bra inside a tank, I'm thinking of transitioning early to wear nursing bras/cami's if it'll be more comfortable.

Does anyone else have dreams about Bumping & like read conversations on here that never actually happen? I see some of your usernames pop up in my dreams now, I think it might be a sign I spend too much on here lol 
    I've totally had bump dreams. Hah. I know i spend way too much time checking in here. Hah. Oops
  • @longliveregina I totally posted the one above from the bathroom haha there's my FFFC for today ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I dreamt enormous baby dreams last night. At my appt yesterday I learned my LO is 3.3lbs at 28 weeks and he's in the 76th percentile for growth?! Having no experience with this, I asked the midwife if this meant I was going to have a ginormous baby, and she tried to tell me not necessarily but now I'm freaked out. Anyone else measuring way bigger in terms of percentile? They didn't say I was measuring "ahead" because when she took the tape measure out over my belly she said "right on target". I feel like I never ask all the questions I need to when I'm in the room. DH was there with me too since we had the ultrasound prior to the midwife appt and maybe because he was there I wasn't asking enough. I can call them, too - just curious what others here are experiencing. 
  • @phil413 fingernails!?! that sounds awful!  :s
  • @jenny0228 my twins are both measuring big...one was in the 84th percentile at 28 weeks and they said twins are usually around the 35th percentile.  I freaked out but they said it was a good thing.  Since twins are generally premature it's good for them to fatten up early.

But their measurements are notoriously off and also the babies also have growth spurts, so maybe your little one just had one and it will even out over time! 
  • jenny0228 said:
    I dreamt enormous baby dreams last night. At my appt yesterday I learned my LO is 3.3lbs at 28 weeks and he's in the 76th percentile for growth?! Having no experience with this, I asked the midwife if this meant I was going to have a ginormous baby, and she tried to tell me not necessarily but now I'm freaked out. Anyone else measuring way bigger in terms of percentile? They didn't say I was measuring "ahead" because when she took the tape measure out over my belly she said "right on target". I feel like I never ask all the questions I need to when I'm in the room. DH was there with me too since we had the ultrasound prior to the midwife appt and maybe because he was there I wasn't asking enough. I can call them, too - just curious what others here are experiencing. 
    I dont put too much stock into the weights from ultrasounds - I had DS early and had an u/s that morning - the dr prepared me/scared me by telling me he was measuring at 3 lbs and would be very tiny at birth. Obviously it scared the crap out of me. DS was 5 lbs 3 oz at birth.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • korpisar said:
    jenny0228 said:
    I dreamt enormous baby dreams last night. At my appt yesterday I learned my LO is 3.3lbs at 28 weeks and he's in the 76th percentile for growth?! Having no experience with this, I asked the midwife if this meant I was going to have a ginormous baby, and she tried to tell me not necessarily but now I'm freaked out. Anyone else measuring way bigger in terms of percentile? They didn't say I was measuring "ahead" because when she took the tape measure out over my belly she said "right on target". I feel like I never ask all the questions I need to when I'm in the room. DH was there with me too since we had the ultrasound prior to the midwife appt and maybe because he was there I wasn't asking enough. I can call them, too - just curious what others here are experiencing. 
    I dont put too much stock into the weights from ultrasounds - I had DS early and had an u/s that morning - the dr prepared me/scared me by telling me he was measuring at 3 lbs and would be very tiny at birth. Obviously it scared the crap out of me. DS was 5 lbs 3 oz at birth.
    Definitely don't put stock in the weight! US are notoriously off with the measurements. But--even if you have an above average baby, no reason at all to be worried! just means that out of 100 normal babies, in a size line up yours would be bigger than 75 and smaller than 24. Sounds like a healthy bub to me! ((Boys are also usually bigger!))
    also- percentiles are really only used medically to chart OverTime so if you have a baby in the 76th percentile at birth, they just make sure at all appointments in the future that baby is in the same area for growth. 
  • @kjd291 ALL!? AH that's so exciting
  • @kjd291 ALL!? AH that's so exciting
    Well... up to 41weeks! So... hopefully I won't be needing anymore after that! Ideally not even that one! 
  • @kjd291 I did this at my last appointment too!  Weekly appointment through week 39 (and I'll be induced by 38 weeks so the last one is, I guess, just for fun?)  It makes this feel so real!  
  • @DrillSergeantCat I know it would be creepy but sometimes I wish our bellies would just be see through so we could know what was going on in there! LO was head down at last US and has stayed that way.. except I felt hiccups higher than usual this morning and now I'm worried she flipped herself upright. And of course, she hasn't had the hiccups since even though she usually gets them like 20 times a day... 
    I was just thinking that yesterday! She hasn't had the hiccups at all! My son hiccuped constantly it seemed like.

Oh and maternity/nursing bras? Not any help. I can't wear just a shelf bra though, so I'm envious of those of you who can.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @disneybaby84 I hope it's a good one for you! if you weren't pregnant I'd recommend you find an empty parking lot and learn how to spin.. but that can wait til next year lol
  • @longliveregina I too bump a lot in the RR lol

OJ is the best thing to make my babes kick and move in there....

i now have an Oj adddiction... DH thinks I should let them sleep in there more. To be fair I sleep a lot and I nap a lot. When I'm awake I like to know they are moving good lol

SaveSave