July 2017 Moms

Outings with 2 under 2

2»

Re: Outings with 2 under 2

• @ktewart I have been there. My son was 20months old when my twins were born. He was/is a good walker and listener. We have/still leave the house pretty much everyday. For the first 8 months we used the baby trend double carseat frame stroller and bought a "skate board" that could easily attach to the back. He would ride on it for short trips. Anytime I went to target/grocery store I pushed the stroller and dragged a cart with him I the seat behind me. Once spring came we got a kinderwagon hop. It is a lightweight double worth checking out. I know it wouldn't work for everyone but I couldn't see lugging a 25+ lb stroller in and out of the car 2x or more a day. I will say the stroller is getting harder to push as they are getting heavier but I still love it! My son walks most of the time but I always have my carrier in case he needs a break. I pop a twin on me and give him a seat. My husband works pretty crazy hours so I do most outing alone, DS has realized he has to listen otherwise we leave. 3 under 2 is crazy but also so much fun. The twins are 18months now and watching them all play and learn and eat together is really fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love all of you for being so thoughtful in your suggestions. I will definitely be discussing all of them with my husband as we decide what is the most practical route for us. @munchkinsmama, I will DEFINITELY be following up with you in general! And @mrscate88, thank you so much for asking your friend for me!
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Cait32 late to this thread but I have the city select and absolutely love it.  The storage basket is huge, wheels are great and navigate pretty much any terrain (gravel, snow etc) and as far as doubles go it's still fairly compact.  Pretty big as a single but small for a double. 
  • This thread is still giving me anxiety.  We have 3 strollers - hangs head in shame.  (One is a compact travel stroller and the other is a BOB I just got this summer because I was going to get back into running - that plan is down the toilet now).  I can't possibly buy another one.  I keep hoping a bunch of moms will pop in this thread and say 'no dear, of course you don't need a double, here is how you do it.'
  • @Cait32 we have the car seat attachment and I highly recommend it.  So easy to pop the car seat from the car to the stroller and carry on.  A friend of mine got the bassinet attachment and said it was the biggest waste of money because the car seat is so much easier.  
  • I almost never use my double. We have 2 a Bob that I do use but just for running and another everyday use one. When lo 2 was younger and I grocery shopped or went to target, etc I would wear lo 2 and put lo 1 in the cart. The only time I use my double is for longer trips out like the zoo but even then, I wore lo 2 when she was little and just pushed lo 2 in the single stroller. Now that I'll have 3 barely under the age 4 (lo 1 turns 4 right when I'm due) I'm sure I'll use the double more often as lo 2 won't be 2 for months after this one is born. 
  •  @munchkinsmama when I grow up I want to be like you.  Push the stroller and drag a cart all through Target!   Dayum!  You get ish done!

@meganandchase thanks for sharing.  I want to try to at least do that.  How far apart are your first two?  I mentioned that the ladies were chatting about double strollers to my husband this morning and he snorted - he's disgusted that we have 3.  

Based on the suggestions so far, I'm thinking to put the Joovy caboose and City select on my list in case I can't pull it off!
  • @caribbeanmama my first 2 are a little over 2 years apart (28 months) lo 2 and this one will be 20 months apart so I'm guessing my double will come in hand more more often but I just didn't get use out of it with my first 2.
  • @caribbeanmama awww thanks, honestly it was more to keep me from losing my mind while adjusting to staying home ;)  we now use the ginormous cart with the 2seater attached to the front and I regularly knock over entire dispays.

• Bumping for @oheliza44 - not sure if the adaptor issue was discussed here but it may have come up.