July 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 1/4

For anyone with a due date of 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26.

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 1/4

• Options

How far along are you? 13 weeks 

How big is baby? Lemon! 

Upcoming appointments this week? Yes! Ultrasound tomorrow, can't even wait 

Any new symptoms or changes? Allergies instead of nausea. Still not entirely sure if it's timing or if having a major allergy issue is actually causing my nausea to go away. Other than that, nothing major. Still a reduction in overall uncomfortable symptoms, and still have the belly that doesn't go away much anymore. It's still part bloating, or at least it seems that way (FTM) but it doesn't fluctuate in size. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant about my sleep last night. So I stupidly took a nap at like 5 yesterday, and so of course I was up late last night until 2 when I finally was tired enough to actually go to bed. If I try to go to bed and sleep when I'm not tired, I can't sleep. I wake up every hour and have pretty horrific and vivid dreams. So of course I'm waking up throughout the night because my throat gets too dry and I need to drink some water (this has been happening with my allergy issues for a few nights). Hasn't been a big deal yet, but this morning at around 6 I dropped my water bottle on the floor and I couldn't find it, so I ended up having to go downstairs and get new water. Then I realized that my humidifier was out of water, which is probably why it was so dry, so I got up again and filled that up. And of course I had to go to the bathroom. By the time all of that was over, I was awake. I tried to go back to sleep, but I laid in bed for an hour and then got super hungry, so now I'm fully up. I feel like I'm going to be super tired today and I'm annoyed about it. I was looking forward to sleeping in a little and not being up at the crack of dawn. 

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? What? Something other than the birth of my first child is happening in 2017? I'm being sarcastic, but it does feel like my brain can't think about anything else. Everything seems to be about the baby right now. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @kerils I feel you on the dreams. The past couple nights mine have been so vivid. Also I usually wake up to pee (even pre-pregnancy) but recently I've been waking up at least two times with what feels like a FULL bladder. It's nuts! Then of course I lay back down and can't fall asleep. I just can't wait to start feeling movement, then it'll be the baby keeping me awake. That might make it *kindof* more enjoyable, right?

How far along are you? 14 weeks!! Second trimester!!! Wheres the confetti and streamers?!

How big is baby? A beet 

Upcoming appointments this week? Not this week! 

Any new symptoms or changes? Crossing my fingers as I say this, but this pregnancy has been relatively easy on me. Aside from some major bloating, growing boobs, occasional headache and occasional digestive issues, I haven't had it too rough. My uterus isn't quite halfway to my belly button yet (I don't think) but my belly is definitely growing, even though the bump isn't quite noticeable to others yet, unless I'm wearing a fitted shirt. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I finally announced to my boss yesterday and he was very nice and supportive about it!! He was even open to the option of me working from home after maternity leave which would really be a dream come true for me. I am hoping and praying that's how things play out. Also I had a pregnant friend reach out to me yesterday, whom I haven't talked to in a while, and it was nice to chat with a friend who is going through the same thing as I am. Hardly none of DH and I's friends are even close to having kids. 

GTKY: What is your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? Probably renovating our kitchen! We are moving at the end of this month and I'd like to get some minor home-improvement projects completed before baby, but the kitchen is my big project that will definitely need to wait until after he/she is born. I hope to at least get it started by the end of the year! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 11 weeks!

How big is baby? Lime! Which seems crazy....

Upcoming appointments this week? Not until the 18th and we get the Counsyl test done, so we'll find out the sex!

Any new symptoms or changes? Last week I was off and I thought that my morning sickness had gone away, well yesterday was my first day back to work, my alarm went off at 5am, so sick! Apparently I just have legit morning sickness and I slept through it all last week when I was off.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Water in the morning makes me SO nauseous. I'm thirsty, but can't handle it.

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? Be better at sticking to our budget and actually saving money/paying off some debt. I'll have 2 in daycare and possibly diapers! Yikes!!

• Options

How far along are you? 14 weeks - holy crap, second trimester!!!

How big is baby? Peach, Beet, Troll Doll lol

Upcoming appointments this week? Just got back to work from a regular OB appointment. DH was shocked we didn't get an ultrasound at every appointment lol. HB was 151

Any new symptoms or changes? Just heavy feeling in my uterus. And headaches. Other than that, not much. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My doctor scolded me today because I told her I didn't want to get a flu shot. I am not against vaccines in general...but I have never had a flu shot (and never had the flu) so I just don't think I should start getting it now. Probably an UO. 

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? Finish our basement! And pay off some debt. But the first will probably deter the latter ha

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @kat0607

I tried to get one that moved, but the internet failed me. 

@LuLilaEv (don't know why that never tagged you) I couldn't drink water normally until Sunday when my throat was so dry that I NEEDED it. I struggled with water from week 6 on before that, some days could barely get one bottle down, and water is all I drink normally. All. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options

How far along are you? 14 weeks!

How big is baby? A sweet little peach! 

Upcoming appointments this week? Nothing for two weeks.

Any new symptoms or changes? No more nausea but my gums are bleeding now. My face is still having a random breakout.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I had a lot of problems with my SI joint with my other two pregnancies and it started hurting yesterday. 

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? I am a Plexus Ambassador, I went sliver two weeks after I started. I've had rocky times but I'm still growing, it hasnt even been a year yet. I want to hit Gold by the end of the year.

• Options

How far along are you? 13 weeks!

How big is baby? A lemon

Upcoming appointments this week? I have my NIPT scan this afternoon!

Any new symptoms or changes? I've started to get headaches and am dealing with bloat and achy stomach muscles. Can't wait to have a legit bump because this in-between stage stinks.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I think my dog is on a mission to prepare me for this baby. He keeps waking me up in the middle of the night just to hang out and play. He's cute, but this new approach to attention is not.

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? This is still somewhat baby related, but I hope to continue to grow my career and my practice. I am nervous about balancing work and my home life in the late stages of pregnancy and after the baby arrives, so I want to have myself in the best position possible to succeed when that time comes.

• Options
    @Rae1 I also went back and forth in my head over getting the flu shot. I'm also not anti-vaccine by any means, but the flu shot was never a necessity for me. I don't think I've ever even gotten the flu, that I can remember. I rarely get sick as it is. However, I AM considering getting it while pregnant, just to protect myself against the possibility of contracting the flu and especially a high fever, which I know can be very harmful to the baby. My OB wasnt pushy on it, but he said flu shots have been given successfully to pregnant women for decades, and debunked most of the well-known myths (the shot makes you sick, etc.). To each their own for sure! I just wanted to give my two cents because I had been struggling with whether or not to get the shot as well. :smile:
  • Options
    @kat0607 Yea I see both sides of it. She proceeded to tell me she has actually had a patient die of the flu. Yea OK, how old were they, 90?

IDK I just know plenty of people who haven't had the shot and didn't get the flu, as well as plenty of people who DID get the shot and still got the flu. I am just a skeptic that it actually does anything, so why put it in my body? It's a personal choice and it doesn't bother me if others get it, I just don't want it. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    ashaw512 ashaw512 member
    edited January 2017
    Throwing my 2 cents in, I've never had a flu shot. I had the flu one time, when I was 8.

Eta: those words agaian
  • Options
    sdang1sdang1 member
    edited January 2017
    How far along are you? 12 weeks!

How big is baby? 2.5 inches.. plum I think it said?

Upcoming appointments this week? NIPT Ultrasound tomorrow! Haven't seen baby since 6 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes? I had last week off and literally slept and took naps everyday. It was so nice. But now that I'm back to work and on a schedule I'm feeling more energized!

Rants/Raves/Questions? I told my students yesterday (4 yrs old) and they were slightly confused. "There's a baby in your tummy?" "It has to come out!" Someone screamed today and I said shhhhhh! You're going to scare the baby. Later on, someone did it again and like 5 kids said " shhhhhh the baby!!" I love pre k!

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? Toughy! Probably To finish out my first full school year teaching with my own class with success! And smiles!

• Options
    How far along are you? 14 weeks!

How big is baby? A peach

Upcoming appointments this week? Not until next week 

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm waiting for the results of a urine culture, but it's looking like I've developed a UTI. Ugh!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Biggest rant would be the discomfort of the suspected UTI. I'm also still dry heaving when I brush my teeth, blow my nose, think too hard and vividly about blowing my nose, and wipe my son's nose.

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017?  I'm working on being on my phone less and being more present for my son!

• Options
    @Rae1 Sorry I'm having some kind of problem with my tags, but here's what I know and think about the flu shot. I knew someone who actually made the vaccines, so I'm not entirely clueless. There a a LOT of flu viruses, and every year the people who make them (I believe along with the CDC and possibly WHO) can only put three strains in the vaccine. And they have to predict it long before the flu season starts because it takes awhile to make the vaccine. SO, they basically take an educated guess on what flu strains are going to be the most prevalent, and then make the vaccine, and hope for the best. Some years they get it right on and it's super effective, some years they don't. I remember one year it was only about 30% effective. Anyways, that's why some people will end up with the flu even if they get the vaccine. They caught a strain that the vaccine wasn't protecting against. 
    Personally, I don't bother with it myself, and haven't for years. I was not a sick child, and I am even less sick as an adult, so since I'm young and healthy I would rather just take my chances then get the vaccine. Not pregnant, the flu is really unlikely to kill me. However, pregnant is a different story, and while I am not likely to die from the flu, the high fever it brings could be really dangerous for the baby. I was on the fence about getting it myself, but the first midwife I saw got pushy about it, and I ended up with it. No side effects for me, I barely even had arm soreness after. I don't regret getting it, I just regret being pushed into it. 
    Ultimately, it is up to you. But the vaccine isn't harmful from what I've been able to find, and it can help protect you against what will hopefully be the most prevalent strains this year. Two pieces of advice: 1) Don't wait too much longer. The vaccine takes about two weeks to kick in, and we're already in flu season, so if you're going to get it, do it. 2) Don't be pushed into it. Just be sure of what you want before you get it. I personally still feel uncomfortable not because of the vaccine, but because it wasn't entirely my decision. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    sdang1 said:

Any new symptoms or changes? I had last week off and literally slept and took naps everyday. It was so nice. But now that I'm back to work and on a schedule I'm feeling more energized!

I've been off/working from home for the last couple weeks, and I've been so sleepy and lazy. I'm hoping once I'm back in the office next week I'll perk up a little!

PS your students sound adorable!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12 weeks!

How big is baby? Plum

Upcoming appointments this week? Nothing for another 3 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes? Still throwing up every morning, exhausted by 5 pm, and awful acne everywhere. I've gotten more emotional lately, I'm not sure if this is a new "symptom" or just a bi-product of everything else. My lack of energy has gotten me pretty gloomy and short tempered, I don't feel like myself at all, and I'm starting to have doubts my energy will ever pick back up during my pregnancy. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? See above for rant

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? Finish paying off our credit cards. We are on track to have this done in May!

• Options
    How far along are you? 11 weeks

How big is baby? Lime

Upcoming appointments this week? I get my blood taken on Friday for the "advanced maternal age" genetic defect testing. I don't remember which one. Should get to hear the hb for the first time too.

Any new symptoms or changes? Cue the headaches. And usually after lunch I can no longer button my pants. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? we booked our babymoon trip to Palm Springs in February. Further then I wanted to go but so happy to have a warm vacation to look forward to after cancelling our Florida and Turks and Caicos vacations!

GTKY: What's your biggest non-baby-related goal for 2017? before this surprise baby it was to lose 10 lbs but that's not in the cards anymore so not sure I have one.

Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker