March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 1/2/17!

Re: Randoms! 1/2/17!

• I have been eating a pomegranate almost every day of the week for the past month or so. My grocery store was out of pomegranates today... major withdrawals! Booo. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I just saw that video where the dresser falls on the toddler and his twin saves him. I thought I was watching a baby being crushed to death at first. I'm still having heart palpitations. I mean, I'm glad the parents shared it for awareness, but I wish it would stop showing up on my newsfeed! (Short take away in case people want to avoid the heart attack I just had: bolt your furniture to the walls, people.) 
    My DH just showed me.  I try not to judge parenting... but boy it's an awful long video without parents/childcare coming to see what the giant crash was in their toddlers room...and yes! made me so freaked out!
  • kjd291 said:
    I just saw that video where the dresser falls on the toddler and his twin saves him. I thought I was watching a baby being crushed to death at first. I'm still having heart palpitations. I mean, I'm glad the parents shared it for awareness, but I wish it would stop showing up on my newsfeed! (Short take away in case people want to avoid the heart attack I just had: bolt your furniture to the walls, people.) 
    My DH just showed me.  I try not to judge parenting... but boy it's an awful long video without parents/childcare coming to see what the giant crash was in their toddlers room...and yes! made me so freaked out!
    I thought the same thing....but as a FTM, I was like....maybe I'm just paranoid?!  But come on!  you hear a large bang, and NO ONE runs in????
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • I also thought that, but I'm resisting the urge to judge because I think it was brave of the dad to share the video as a warning at all. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I saw the video this morning I couldn't believe how long it took before the "hero" toddler actually did anything useful. I thought he made things worse before he made them better by climbing on top & crushing the other one even more, but all the media just focused on how he saved his brother. I'm pretty sure if they were being looked after properly the situation could have easily been prevented.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think it's super brave of them to post, and a good reminder. I'm trying not to judge because I don't know how far away they were, if the crash/cry was that loud (I haven't watched with sound)... I don't go running every time I hear a crash in my house, but I at least stop for a minute to see if I hear crying. So glad both boys are okay, could have been much worse.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • I've seen the video about 20 times on my timeline and just tired of seeing it. Glad the kids are ok. 
  • wintersongwintersong member
    edited January 2017
    Blood has been taken, fruit punch has been drunk, and now waiting for my next draw in an hour. (3 hour glucose tolerance test) Its going to be a long morning. 

Baby is going CRAZY.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is so boring. I can't even read because I have a raging headache. :( 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is so boring. I can't even read because I have a raging headache. :( 
    Aww, sorry lady!! Hope it passes, and hope YOU pass the test too! Goodluck 
  • good luck @longliveregina! I have my glucose test tomorrow, I was figuring all that sugar would get baby going nuts. The interesting thing is that I have my blood draw, then growth ultrasound right after. So hopefully after they do the blood draw, he will be calmed down, otherwise it's going to be a rodeo in there! 
  • Got my TDAP today, and officially have a c-section date of March 13th set (woot!).

Now I get to call my student loan company because they want to double my payment rate starting next month. Uh. Please no. I hate talking on the phone so this should be fun.
    Loan companies are usually good about negotiating because the would rather get your money eventually than never. The explanation that you are about to have a baby is a pretty good one :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina The lady I talked to, though very nice, said it was as low as it could go since it's already based on income, and I even added we were having another baby. Guess it's time to budget. :)
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • @longliveregina The lady I talked to, though very nice, said it was as low as it could go since it's already based on income, and I even added we were having another baby. Guess it's time to budget. :)
    Hmm. Not sure about the payment amounts (Ive never done the income based payments) but I do know a couple friends that deferred their loans after baby for a bit while they had unpaid maternity leave or to get finances figured out.
  • Needing some support right now, guys! My best friend offered to throw me a baby shower in my home state of Texas, I just had to get down there. I told her to go ahead with it when she checked and double checked that I would be able to make it, as I was confident we would be able to acquire tickets. Helped her pick invitations and a theme and the games and everything. Turns out, we cant afford the tickets and the airline wont let me fly at and after 36 weeks. Now I have to tell her to cancel everything and return whatever she's already purchased and I feel so. Bad. I've been crying all day and cant figure out how to break it to her. Its entirely my fault and I am so disappointed. It was my last chance to see my family and friends before LO gets here and the shower was going to be so fun! Please send virtual hugs! :(:( 
  • @silverbulletband so sorry. That's a tough one. I think she will understand the reasoning for not being able to fly after 36 weeks. I would tell her sooner and later and express how bad you feel about it. Don't beat yourself up too bad about it. Ish happens. 
  • @silverbulletband Are you able to afford to fly by yourself? Also, how will the airline know that you're 36 weeks? When I was pregnant with my son I flew at 32 weeks and no one bothered me or asked how far along I am. I haven't heard of airlines requiring documentation on how far along a pregnant woman is, so if someone does ask, could you tell a white lie? I'm sorry this is happening!

• @kiyamurph granted, this was for a flight within Europe, but even for the 2 hour flight I took @ 26 weeks, they required a doctor to sign a form saying you're okay to fly and confirming how far along you were. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @npaulie Hmm, I'm wondering if that's a European thing? I don't know. I flew 2 weeks ago and I was 27 weeks, and again, no one asked about documentation. Now I want to check airline policies!
  • @mcdonald-bailey I know, I know haha. My issue is mostly just that I continued to encourage her that it would be fine even when she brought up the airline restriction thing but she also assumed it wouldn't be an issue. Just really really sucks! But thanks for the encouragement- you're absolutely right :) 

@kiyamurph I was kinda counting on being able to fudge it, haha but im pretty sure every pregnant woman I've met that has flown has been required to have a doctor note, a fact that I overlooked but should have expected! I could just show up with my ticket but they probably would turn me away if I couldn't provide adequate evidence. And we could afford for me to fly but my in laws will not watch both my other kids while DH is at work and DH would probably have a heart attack if I suggested flying alone. Its all a mess! Thanks for the sympathy <3
  • I flew when I was around 34 weeks and no one asked for documentation or even asked how far along I was. But that was 9 years ago so I wouldn't know the policy now. 
  • I just flew to New Orleans last week. No one said a word to me, there or back. 
  • I JUST looked this up for myself and it's extremely rare for US airlines to have these requirements for domestic flights. It's more of a European/international flight thing.  Delta, for example, didn't have a rule.
  • Well dang!!! I could have done it then! Everyone I know was saying it wouldn't be possible, that they wouldn't allow it. But no one could watch my kids anyway while I was gone so there's that. I told my friend and she took it beautifully, definitely don't deserve her as a friend :) thanks for the information, @anonellis and for settling the debate, knowledge is power! I certainly learned my lesson about long distance baby showers! And thanks for the general commiseration everyone :) 
  • @silverbulletband ugh, mama. Big hugs. I'm glad you have such a great friend willing to do that for you, and also kind enough to totally understand the change in plans. It still sucks though! Sorry for your discouragement and tears-but it's okay to feel like crap about it! --more big internet stranger hugs--
  • kjd291 said:
    @silverbulletband ugh, mama. Big hugs. I'm glad you have such a great friend willing to do that for you, and also kind enough to totally understand the change in plans. It still sucks though! Sorry for your discouragement and tears-but it's okay to feel like crap about it! --more big internet stranger hugs--
    Aw, shucks, thank you! <3 -internet stranger hug back-