TTC After a Loss

Just venting

Got a nice bill for ultrasounds during my miscarriage. Highlight of my day. 

Re: Just venting

• Ugh so sorry. That really sucks 
  • That sucks. The medical bills are a painful reminder of what happened 
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here. Just forked over my first $735 payment ...Ughhhhh. 
  • Yuck. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I have 2 sonos, 3 blood draws and an ER visit. I'm so not excited. Sorry about the reminder @sprkls8506 and @TheFox&TheSparrow
  • Yep. I only have the 2 ultrasounds. We already paid for the d and c...so thankfully no more reminders of that  :(
  • Oh that sucks big time :( 
  • I'm sorry. That's a really crappy and painful reminder. :cry:

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited January 2017
    Yep. They're just the gift that keeps on giving... I just got a bill after Thanksgiving for an ultrasound in early May. I guess they forgot to bill my insurance until then... That was a fun reminder as we were finally TTC again. Hugs to all the ladies who need it after opening mail...
  • So frustrating.  I still have bills rolling in for everything insurance didn't cover and it's a struggle to call the insurance company to sort it out.  I may just give in and pay it rather than enduring the long conversations that remind me of the loss.
  • Been there. DH sorted it out, there was no way I could've handled it. So awful and I'm so sorry you're dealing with the reminders.
  • Right before I had the surgery the hospital called asking how I would be taking care of the bill. I assumed they would just send it. I just set up the payment that day. The day already sucked so I figured just get it taken care of. Of course I had forgotten about all the extra ultrasounds!! Only people who have gone through this could understand the awfulness of all of it  :(
  • What! This is beyond horrible to me, particularly being Canadian. I am so very sorry; what a cruelty to endure.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• the medical bills are outrageous!! I got a bill for DH's sperm analysis....$2,000 i can't even. needless to say we're fighting it hard, I'm not paying 2k for a sperm analysis. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @sprkls8506 Oh gawd my hospital was awful! They called the day before demanding the full $750 deductible up front or they were cancelling my "elective" procedure! It's like f you! It's not elective! If I had an actual choice I would elect to keep my baby you heartless bastards!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Oh man this thread brings up bad memories. I had to go to L&D to deliver my babies because I was just past the cutoff for a D&C. Our insurance decided to charge us for everything because I "elected" to deliver instead of doing a less costly procedure. Oh let me tell you once I got on the phone there was no way they were making me pay for it. I actually asked the woman I was dealing with how'd she would've handled the situation after hearing that her two babies had died and the only option was to deliver. She was pretty much speechless. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @brooklyngirl18 What?? That's ridiculous for a sperm analysis! I've seen women on here get them done for a fraction of that price! I'm sorry you have to fight that while TTC. 

@rainafire77 That is so incredibly awful! Heartless bastards indeed! I'm so angry on your behalf. 

@reneeannemm Yep, insurance is evil. I'm convinced insurance companies in the US have a deal with the devil. They are universally despised by both health care providers and patients. Ugh. It's so random what they'll cover too. 

• @RiverSong15 i know! the best part is that we already met the $3,000 deductible with all the ectopic stuff and other stuff this year. They said the sperm analysis was out of network therefore not covered at all. Well let me tell you, I I gave that poor person a piece of my mind and they said they would try to find a resolution. I was like yeah ok, you go do that. It's robbery, i swear. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • @brooklyngirl18 Highway robbery, for sure. But even out of pocket that seems ridiculously high. Lots of women get no IF coverage and pay a few hundred bucks, maybe, for an SA. What the hell did they do to your H's sample? Put the sperm through tryouts for the Sperm Olympics? Dust them in gold before analyzing them?
  • @RiverSong15 lmao right?! it's insane. infertility stuff and iui is covered by my insurance so I'm really baffled by this one. the clinic he went to was the one recommended by my RE and the only one around so I'm not really sure what the insurance company expected us to do. all i know is i'm not paying that much so they're better figure something out. 
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • That's terrible.  I've spent all morning on the phone trying to make sure our fetal tissue testing will be somewhat/mostly covered by insurance.  I'm already going to meet my deductible for the year with D&C tomorrow.  Also, I work for our hospital but as of 1/1 they eliminated their 20% discount for employee medical services.  How's that for timing? 
  • ARGHHHHHH!!!!!! That is all.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @lilyaster I did not get a bill for sending out the tissue. I bet that is coming!
  • @brooklyngirl18 - that's ridiculous…..December marked the 6 month mark of TTC #2 for us.  I wanted a peace of mind knowing we were ok so I got CD3 blood work and HSG and DH got an SA.  We paid OOP $90 for his SA because insurance didn't cover it.  Definitely fight for that one please :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker