December 2016 Moms

Moms with Toddlers - 1.2.17

Happy New Year!!!

How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

What are your goals for this week now that the holidays are over? New routines? Prepping to return to work?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Anything you want to add/share?:

Bonus question: What are you looking forward to in 2017?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Moms with Toddlers - 1.2.17

• How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 
    I'd been doing well but DS and I both have a stomach bug. I feel so bad for him. But in general, things are working well.
    What are your goals for this week now that the holidays are over? New routines? Prepping to return to work?
    Ugh. There are work things I need to prep for. And many stay at home mom days ahead of me that I feel I need to really plan for to make this adjustment successful for all of us.
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    DS is about 21 months. We still can't really sit and color or sit and play with one toy for a solid amount of time due to toddler attention span. For those with older toddlers, when did this start to change?
    Getting my body back!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • sourlemonsourlemon member
    edited January 2017
    @slartybartfast my DD will sit and color or do puzzles for an hour (about half an hour independently). Started when she was about 18 months with about 15 minutes and has increased to a full hour at 2.5. She's been doing puzzles with DH for about 2 hours this afternoon. But she's a puzzle freak. 

Other toys...they may last 10 minutes at a time. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Loading the player...
  • How've you been doing balancing a toddler(s) and your pregnancy/new baby(ies) this past week? 

Now that im starting to feel more human again, I've been doing well. Thankfully my H took a decent chunk of time off from work so he has been doing the majority of the work. But I feel like we've been doinf really well with balancing our time and attention between DD1 and the baby. 

Just to continue to rest and make sure my physical and mental health are in tact before H returns to work. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

DD1 has been AMAZING since we brought the baby home. She has been so well behaved and easy going... it's an incredible (and unexpected!) change in behavior from where we were just a couple of weeks ago. 

every day it feels like my capacity to love is increasing with these 2 little ladies. 

feeling "normal" again. No more vomiting/headaches/back pain etc. I'm excited to just be me again
  • @sourlemon thanks - living life in 15 minute intervals is exhausting!
    @Christinaruth74 that's great news!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
    Thankfully my toddler is an amazingly well behaved child although he has definitely struggled with adjusting to share attention. He loves helping me out, which is sweet. Yesterday I asked him to get ready for his morning diaper change and he grabbed a diaper, wipes, and laid down in our diaper changing spot on the floor of his room.

My goal is to get him back into daycare smoothly so when I go back to work next week leaving my babies won't be as rough (he won't cry as I go).

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I just can't even deal with how sweet and helpful DS is with LO. He just wants to be involved!

I have spent half my Christmas money on my kids... Mom life.

Working towards a promotion and celebrating the holidays with both of my kids.