April 2017 Moms

Randoms (12/27)

13»

Re: Randoms (12/27)

• @thecavfamily I guess you could put the word living in quotes. I have studied Spanish since the 8th grade and really wanted to put my studying to some use, so after I graduated college, I went to Barcelona. I taught English to make some money, but it never generated a ton of money. I was there for 6 months. Met some WONDERFUL people, including my flat mate. Barcelona is gorgeous! I absolutely loved it there and if it hadn't been such a financial crush, I definitely would have stayed longer. I plan on going back someday. I'd love to take my mom (or have her take me  :D) and show her the city and how I lived. I hung out with all the illegals and would drink beer in the streets until ungodly hours of the night/morning. I think my mom would be appalled. It was truly one of the best, carefree 6 months of my life. Then about 6 months after coming home, DH and I started dating and I automatically had 2 precious kids to love on (a 4 year old and a 4 month old).
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @KirstinH88 I loovveedddd Barcelona. It's one of my favorite cities I have visited on my travels through Europe. It's such a beautiful city and the attractive Spanish men don't hurt either. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cafedisco @KirstinH88 He slept through the night and stayed in the bed! (Well, minus the 30 seconds where he got out and yelled at the door when he realized DH had dipped out, but he got straight back into his bed and went back to sleep! He's been such a good sleeper and we're super spoiled with him...I hope this second kiddo does as well as he does!

Also @KirstinH88, did your foot tattoo hurt? That's where I want my next one, but everything online seems to suggest that they hurt like heck (I mean, I've been through labor, so that should give me some sort of pain tolerance, right?).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @SnarkasaurusRex my foot hurt like hell, just to be honest. I have my entire back done and most of that was easier than my foot (about 30 hours on the chair total). That being said, it's over quickly and still easier than labor :)
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Thanks everyone! I honestly had no idea it could affect supply but it makes sense that it could potentially cause clogs or things like that once I think about it. 

@thecavfamily Rogue One was amazing, I hope you get to see it soon!  

BabyFruit Ticker

DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • @cafedisco @KirstinH88 I have one on the inside of my wrist and everyone told me that it was going to hurt like a MFer...but it just felt like someone was scratching me, haha, so I never know what to believe about tattoos and pains. What I do know is that I have a pretty low pain tolerance, so I should just be prepared for it to hurt. :lol:
  • @wagnerw so cute! I'm loving the art on the wall!!

@SnarkasaurusRex I used to think I had low pain tolerance until I got the foot tattoo and then labored mostly without an epidural (got to 8cm before even getting to the hospital). 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Pain is so weird, isn't it. I hate labor, was a big baby through it. But I pretty much slept through all the hours my back got tattooed. The guy said I was able to tolerate more than anyone at a time that he'd ever tattooed. 

Also, can we just not talk about labor? K thanks :)
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17