December 2016 Moms

Petty Problem Saturday 12/31

Re: Petty Problem Saturday 12/31

• I ran out of panty liners... and it would be convenient if this baby would come so I wouldn't have to buy more... but it's not coming.  :'(

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Some good friends invited us over for the new year tonight, but with DS only 3 weeks old I don't see how I would have much fun. I'm going to be tired, feeding and changing a baby, and can't drink much. I just want to stay home and be lame. But I like our friends. Petty problem. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My petty problem is that I want to drink almond sparkling wine from Cooper's Hawk tonight but I don't have any and the nearest place to getbit is an hour away.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Both kids are napping right now...prime time to get stuff done around the house. Except baby is napping on me and wakes when put down. My dirty kitchen is calling my name and I can't answer! 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I've gotta repierce my septum. Boo.
  • Movie night was cancelled. Again, for like the 10th week in a row. I need to find a new Saturday night activity that I can do alone/with the kidlets. H will be asleep by 6pm until the end of March.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Yes please! I had a major break down (tearful pity party) ... my parents took
    our kids for the night and we are resting... it's snowing... all is calm... baby can come 
    I'm so rooting for your babe to come! I feel like you are the reigning d16 Bump queen 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • DiFazetteDiFazette member
    edited January 2017
    Thinking of you ladies with inside babies still! Sending good vibes for progress soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker     

• @PensiveCrayon that same thing happened to me... this past 3-4 days my IG feed and FB has been blown up full of aquantences who weren't due for weeks having their babies!!! It's been so frustratingly unfair! 
    That said, I'll be happy for you if you go! I know it's just sooo stressful wondering what will happen!
    Oddly it doesn't get much clearer (at least for me) ... I keep telling my dh "with so and so # child such and such happened..." He kindly reminded me this baby might not do exactly what the previous 4 did! Boo! I don't like that! It ought to. 

• @maamawaabangi and @pensivecrayon hang in there mommas! Those babes will come when they're good and ready! 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Here's a petty problem: I've officially caught my husband's cold. Congestion during labor? Sickie newborn? Nooooooo! Going to hit the Emergen-C hard and hope this resolves quickly. I'm not sure if I'd rather have the baby or this be gone first! :tired_face:
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon You poor thug! I think I'd vote to recover first, but then again I'm already forgetting how crappy that last week of being pregnant was.  :p
  • @PensiveCrayon the exact thing happened to me before baby came. I ended up being mostly better for her arrival and maybe she got some antibodies from me?
    hugs for thugs - I hope you feel better!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Ha! I'm glad you all think of me as a thug. Makes me feel a little better about my situation. ;)@slartybartfast My mom confirmed the antibody thing, so that's at least a nice silver lining in this.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon
    Ugh! I'm sorry! Maybe a few days delay will be a good thing???
    During my labor with my 3rd my husband was having the stomach flu... so bad! Thankfully I'm basically immune since I taught kindergarten, but it's amazing what you can overcome even with birth on the horizon. 

• @maamawaabangi True story: I've actually banned my husband from getting sick or injured on my birth plan, because on the rare occasion that I'm sick or recovering from something like dental work, he always manages to eclipse my pain somehow. I'm afraid he'll lose a limb this time around! :lol:
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • Dh is really starting to annoy the hell out of me at night time. He goes to sleep before me and seems to sleep fine and barely wakes up but when he wakes up he sometimes has a attitude if I am holding LO trying to get him to sleep so I can sleep and he says let him cry and I'm like I can't lay ib the bed and try to sleep while my newborn is crying. It's not possible. & then he says I'm spoiling him but you can't spoil a newborn and honestly who cares if I am spoiling him because it's not like dh gets up and comforts him or changes him or anything so I'm the one that'll have to deal with it but that's starting to annoy me too because I haven't had a full night's sleep in two weeks and I am beat & then I  get mad at night about the TV in the room being loud when in trying to get the baby to sleep. I don't think dh understands how worn out I ambor how hard it is to take care of the house. the baby. the dogs and manage to spend time with him without being a bitch to him because I'm tired,I was back doing housework and taking care of everything around the house the second day I got home by myself. So I have had no break except in the hospital
  • @wynterwaddell ugh hugs. That's incredibly frustrating.  Have you talked to him about needing help lightening the load? I tend to want to do everything just because it's a control issue for me, and then get frustrated when I realize just how easy H has it, but it's totally a problem I've enabled. This time around he has had to do everything while I recover and I think it's really given him some perspective on just how much caring for a newborn entails. Before the baby came he was calling his time off from work "vacation". I think he's singing a different tune now... 

but seriously, maybe there's a way to force him into more responsibility... taking an afternoon to get your nails done baby free or asking for a morning to sleep in? I hope that he gets it together soon and you can have a break. No matter what, the lion's share gets placed on moms in the beginning, but having the extra support when respite is needed is the key to sanity. 
  • @Christinaruth74 No I haven't said anything to him about it but if I do his excuse will be he works and he can't feed him when he needs to eat because I'm breastfeeding and I don't have a pump right now because money is tight due to bills and his time off because of the holidays. Soi just don't even worry about it. I just sleep when I can and for a few hours in the morning's. & I manage. I just get cranky. & we all sleep in on Sundays even the baby. He blames the baby sleeping in the bed on me but he's the one that lets him sleep on his chest for 2/3 hours. ugh men lol. 
  • I tend to want to do everything just because it's a control issue for me, and then get frustrated when I realize just how easy H has it, but it's totally a problem I've enabled. 
    Are we the same person? ;) It will be interesting to see how I react to his idea of housework after the baby gets here. I'm a perfectionist, but I just need to let. go.
    TTC #1 January 2016

TTC#2 March 2018
  • @wynterwaddell - you should check with your health insurance - my pump was free through insurance.  

I also have a manual pump that was pretty cheap.  I tried it out last night and it worked decently well.  Less convenient than the electric pump though.