2nd Trimester

Medications Aren't Working As Well

edited January 2017 in 2nd Trimester
I have found multiple pregnancy safe medications that do not work as effectively now as they did before I was pregnant. Tums and Tylenol (acetaminophen) are not doing anything for me. I have been having some severe muscular pain off and on so I have been taking Tylenol with only very minor relief for a short time. Also, I have had horrible heartburn and the only thing that gives me any relief is drinking a ton of milk after eating and while I am having the heartburn. Before pregnancy, Tums gave me great relief after only two. Now, the max dose doesn't even do the trick. Anyone else having similar problems with medications not working as effectively?

Re: Medications Aren't Working As Well

• I am in a similar situation. I have been getting headaches more frequently and Tylenol is a joke. It doesn't do anything for me. Have you mentioned to your doctor that they're not working and seeing what he/she suggests? 
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• With my first pregnancy, when the heartburn got bad enough that Tums were no longer effective, my OB gave me a prescription for preventative Zantac...you take it twice a day and heartburn just stops happening.  It was amazing.  At the very end I still got it once or twice but 2 tums would take care of it.  I plan to do that again once it escalates this time as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would discuss with your doctor...they may get you a prescription for somethings stronger, but still pregnancy safe (like the Zantac PP mentioned) to help give you some relief.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker