July 2015 Moms

Weaned from bottles?

Hi Mommas! I hope you and your 14/15 month olds are doing great. I'm 11w3d with #2 and wanted to check in regarding bottle weaning.  

DS stays home with me or DH (when I'm at work) so other than teeth rotting, there hasn't been a rush to wean him completely off of the bottle. We offer food and water regularly... sometimes he eats a lot and sometimes he doesn't and then wants some milk an hour or so later. 

Whsts going on with yours?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Weaned from bottles?

• n3na94n3na94 member
    edited October 2016
    Hi mama! I'm so glad you're doing great and so are your babies! My baby boy is still nursing! So he will eat his lunch but a few minutes later he will still want to nurse. Also some days he eats more than others so I'm sure that is why they want milk! I want my baby boy to self wean when he is ready so I definitely think it depends on each baby! I'm glad you're doing great mama, God bless! :blush:
  • I weaned my son from breastmilk in a bottle at 1.  We didn't use a pacifier with him so it was easy.  He hasn't had a bottle since his 1 year checkup.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS took his last bottle right around 1 year old. We had been practicing with sippy cups for a while, so it was a pretty seamless transition for him. I even just totally dropped the bedtime bottle one day just to see what he would do, and he still goes to sleep like a champ! He eats EVERYTHING, though. Still drinks probably 15 oz of milk per day in the sippy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Update: about two weeks ago, DS gave up his bottles and toddler formula overnight! He just pushed it away each time we offered it. He totally self weaned. Now, he's eating like a champ and drinking water from his cups. 

Im super thrilled as I am almost 21 weeks along. 

Hope all of you July 2015 mamas and babies are doing great! 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Oh people! Lol I use the fb group more but my January BMB hasn't added me to theirs yet so I've had to be more active on here, and still check this board alot! We're still on a bottle :/ but it's down to just bedtime and only 4 ounces! Half the time he doesn't even finish the whole thing, but just sucks on it. But I'm trying to break it before baby #2 is here in a few weeks....so much for that :(

• My little boy (18 months now) stays with my dad while my husband and I work. He has been off bottles at home since about 13 months but my dad refuses to stop giving him a bottle for his nap at his house. It's only one bottle a day and hasn't impacted what we are doing at home so I haven't said too much, but I will be hiding that bottle by spring. I don't want my two year old taking the same bottle I plan to use for baby #2.