December 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else still cooking?

cedarLucedarLu member
edited January 2017 in December 2016 Moms
I'm 41w4 days and about to die!! Mostly because I had a home birth planned and now tunes are changing! 

Any of you that were in the overdue club have any successes with natural induction ideas? 

Hugs to anyone out there because this is tough stuff!!

Re: Anyone else still cooking?

• Options
    I'm sorry you're so late! I was 42+4 by the time I had my DS two years ago and that was by induction. Keep walking, have sex, and cross your fingers.  At the end of this remember that one way or another you'll have a baby and all the other crap is worth it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol @sourlemon I was also looking for motivation to actually cook. Sounds like an easy peasy cooking thread might be in order. 

@cedarLu also try nipple stimulation! Birth plans don't always go how they are planned but you will have a baby soon! Good luck!!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• Options
    Oh boy, you are so ready aren't you!  It's probably just coincidence but at 40+4 I booked a 90 min prenatal massage and had the girl spend about an hour on my feet. Lost my mucus plug that night. At this point it wouldn't hurt right?
  • Options
    maamawaabangimaamawaabangi member
    edited January 2017
    Hugs! Yes. Almost 41 week here... and I've gone beyond that with my others. Trying for a home birth too. 
    Its so frustrating and makes me doubt myself in every way. 
    I wish I had something solid... but I'm there with you. My midwife is coming at noon to strip membranes and talk about an herbal induction. I tried acupuncture on Friday and I could for sure feel it having effects... lots of contractions that day, low pressure and loosening of my pelvis... I'd say it would be even more effective at 41+ weeks... it's not painful at all either. 
    And there is always castor oil... never done it, but would before consenting to pitocin. But that's me. 
    Hugs lady! Hold onto hope and trust yourself. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    @sourlemon and @leksiL I thought it was a cooking/recipe thread as well. 
  • Options
    sourlemon said:
    I thought this was going to be a recipe thread. Oops! 
    Ditto!! Lol 
    I'll start one
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @maamawaabangi I think I'll try castor oil tomorrow. Doing nipple stimulation with breast pump. That definitely gets things going, but I've done it twice today and things haven't "lasted"- sounds a bit like the acupuncture for you. Everything is CLOSED around here, so in scrounging for a massage therapist or anyone!! 

Heres for hoping your home birth is awesome and things get going really soon!!
  • Options
    *lurking* I was a planned home birth that ended in a cesarean for many many reasons but my baby was born at 41+5. My midwife had me scheduled for a foley bulb induction at 41+3 but I went into labor before that on my own. She said that in her experience with a foley bulb induction all the babies are born within 48 hours from the start of it. The day I went into labor my doula had me do curb walking (google it) she also went into labor from curb walking. Good luck i hope you get your homebirth. 
  • Options
    Also overdue and planning a home birth. Re: caster oil, my mom is a midwife and has her clients try "caster eggs" -- eggs cooked in caster oil. It's supposed to be a bit more gentle on the digestive system. And I'm sure it goes down better. Good luck!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    @PensiveCrayon the eggs sound much better than the oil, I've heard some horrible stories with drinking the castor oil :/  and how lucky to have a mom as a midwife!!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers