July 2017 Moms

#thebachelor

I thought it'd be fun to share our thoughts/ snark on the train wreck that we all love to hate 

my thoughts so far (I'm maybe an hour behind the live broadcast)

- Liz creeps me out... the girl he had a one night stand with - definitely getting a stalker vibe there 
- Rachel the lawyer is gorgeous and smart and she better be the next bachelorette! 
- Corinne = poor man's Tiffany Trump 
- dolphin girl is definitely wearing a shark outfit and it's hilarious 
- I liked the neonatal nurse, the Canadian special ed teacher and the psychologist with a Hopkins degree- you go get it, ladies with serious careers!

Re: #thebachelor

• I'm in WA and it just started, so I will get back to you!!
  • Poor mans Tiffany Trump.  DED.

• Loading the player...
  • Yesssss so glad someone posted about this!! This is my absolute guilty pleasure and I love it. 

Liz, yes to the stalker. I feel like she slept with him, figured she could do better, realized she wasn't going to anytime soon, and applied for the show. 

Corinne is annoying AF, but her "Elle Woods applying to Harvard" pool scene was hilarious. 

Dolphin girl is a favorite for sure. 

Neo natal nurse is my top choice. 

The pro dancer who cried already will be fun to watch. 

Anyone else do a bachelor draft? My friends and I watch together weekly and have a season long draft. Told you I'm obsessed. 
  • The one that met him at the wedding has crazy eyes.
  • This is so hard to watch!! Haha some of these girls are making me embarrassed 
  • edited January 2017
    @BabyBump2, I just said the same thing to DH.

Eta: girl that brought Neil Lane, Hai creeper, Hai.
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited January 2017
    @Itsnotyourturn my husband would be complaining so hard if I made him watch this! Thankfully he works nights so I get all my girly shows when he's gone!

YES to the Neil Lane girl! Who does that? I woulda turned her around ASAP
  • edited January 2017
    dh was just passing through on the way to his man cave and didn't understand what was happening because I don't watch reality tv.  I told him about stalker Liz and he stuck around to see that train wreck.
  • BabyBump2BabyBump2 member
    edited January 2017
    Travel nurse..take it easy with the latex gloves  :o:D

And the shark girl..she killed me. Dead. Making all those awkward noises. 
  • Ahh! It's on my agenda today to watch. Dh came upstairs and changed the channel to football. Lots of stink eye in my house last night. 
  • I am going to watch tonight!!!!!!!! I can't stand watching episode 1 live, too many commercials. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Omg, lmao, 'poor mans Tiffany Trump' makes me crack up because I thought the same damn thing! 

The last time I watch this it was Trista and Ryan and the show was A LOT more tame. Most the people looking for love were, ahem, more mature and normally established in life for years but having a hard time finding an equal! I kept seeing 23 and 24 and thought, what?! Idk 

I'm shocked he kepted 'one night stand girl'?! She has bad crazy eyes. DRAMA. 

I love who he gave his first impression rose to! 

I love that he kept dolphin girl around because she was HILARIOUS!!!! Girl did not GAF and it was epic.

Cracking up at the girls freaking because they thought 'wearing a red dress was so original?!' You and 20 other girls. Hahahahaha

I was cringing while watching some of the awkward as hell 'greets/hellos' as they got out of the car. Yikes. 

I look forward to learning some of their names and seeing where this show leads!!! I have no idea who he is, like I said haven't watched this series in YEARS. He seems like a player, but we shall see. 
  • LOL, my husband called Corinne "broke-ass Ivanka Trump", so we're all on the same page. I love The Bachelor, but hate Nick. Please look at one night stand Liz's official bio, which is FULLY INSANE: https://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/cast/elizabeth-liz. She has definitely murdered someone.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • leilac said:
    LOL, my husband called Corinne "broke-ass Ivanka Trump", so we're all on the same page. I love The Bachelor, but hate Nick. Please look at one night stand Liz's official bio, which is FULLY INSANE: https://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/cast/elizabeth-liz. She has definitely murdered someone.
    Holy crap I don't even know where to start with this profile... this is amazing!
    She probably has killed more than one golf enthusiast in her day.... also the grape thing - not how it works!!!
  • mj8215 said:
    leilac said:
    LOL, my husband called Corinne "broke-ass Ivanka Trump", so we're all on the same page. I love The Bachelor, but hate Nick. Please look at one night stand Liz's official bio, which is FULLY INSANE: https://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/cast/elizabeth-liz. She has definitely murdered someone.
    Holy crap I don't even know where to start with this profile... this is amazing!
    She probably has killed more than one golf enthusiast in her day.... also the grape thing - not how it works!!!

THE GRAPE!!!  They dont get better, they get rotten!  Did anyone else watch the Countdown to Nick on Sunday night?  Christen, the videographer, was SO AWKWARD.  She kept hopping or jumping up and down... no girl.  Stop.  She also said she'd like to break into the White House and hide in a closet.  So there's that.  
  • I said to my husband. .if I was one of those girls..stepping out of the limo honestly I don't know WTF I would say...or how I would act but I do not think I would be like most of those girls! Hard to watch!! I know they are trying to stand out so he remembers them but ugh. Why do I get sucked in!!   I was actually surpised at who he gave the first impression rose to. I didn't really remember her from the beginning of the show.  Should be an entertaining season!
  • Wow, this is a train wreck!

So far the Special Ed teacher, who speaks 3 languages, is my favorite. I can't remember her name... she's from Montreal, Quebec. *Vanessa, her name is Vanessa!

The Neonatal Nurse from Nashville is cute, but where is her personality? She might be a good fit for Nick though, let's face it... he has no personality either!

The chick who already slept with him after the wedding... Um no. He already asked for your number and you said no? Now she has to compete with a show full of girls for his attention, when he clearly said that she could have contacted him easily if she really wanted to. That line about not being there just because he is now the Bachelor was a bold faced lie! That's exactly why she's there.

I'm sorry, did that Corrine girl say "my Nanny"... as in, she still lives with her parents and still has a Nanny taking care of her? Lol, I can't.... aaaaand now she's all over him. She a Ho!

Lol! Mental Health Therapist, who can't contain herself... first impression let's him know how all her friends said he's a"complete piece of shit" - Wow, he'll remember that for sure! She's an idiot.

Whoa, the chick who pulled the bull ring out of her nose in front of him... for second I was scared something may be hanging off of it. No girl, no.

Josephine has to go home, now!

Shark girl/ Dolphin crazy pants is a looney toon. Wow, I'm amazed how willing people are to embarrass themselves. And she's sloppy drunk too!

....keep chugging those drinks, ladies!

Too many of these girls are either too young or just plain gross! This should make for an entertaining season.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • edited January 2017
    Lurker from June17 in Australia and I finally just watched the first episode, and woah.. What did I just watch? Haha. Our version is so tame in comparison! This is going to be sooooo entertaining.
  • I watched episode 1 last night. 

Vanessa is my #1 favorite. She is gorgeous and smart and a special education teacher. how can you not love her?

I also like the NICU nurse but agree her personality is a little bland so far (maybe she will get better). 

Corrinne is bat shit crazy. IF he actually sleeps with her like the previews make you believe (I am hoping he doesn't), I will be so pissed. Did he not learn his lesson with Kaitlyn?!
  • Here's the thing about one night stand Liz: Nick has no leg to stand on since that's pretty much exactly what he did with Kaitlyn!! He met her IRL, didn't pursue anything and then showed up on Bach. They're both fame whores.
  • @leilac I thought Nick and Kaitlyn had been texting/talking constantly prior to her becoming bachelorette? If so, I think it's different. If not, then yes I agree. 
  • leilac said:
    Here's the thing about one night stand Liz: Nick has no leg to stand on since that's pretty much exactly what he did with Kaitlyn!! He met her IRL, didn't pursue anything and then showed up on Bach. They're both fame whores.
    Fascinating!!!! I know nothing about his past...can't decide if I want to look him up, or not! LOL 
  • and, I didn't think they (Nick and Kaitlyn) actually slept together prior to the show, right?? Just met and hung out/talked. I might be wrong. who knows. 
  • They had definitely talked, but from my understanding, he had not pursued a relationship until he showed up on the show. He shaaaaaady, is what I'm saying.
  • We shall see. I think he grew up a lot in the last few years. I hated him on Andi's season. Liked him (but didn't love him) on Kaitlyn's. Then loved him on BIP. And he's nice to look at haha. But you know bachelor, they love their drama. 
  • I'm lolling at Corrine's "guilty pleasure" TV show: Frasier. Ummm, that's not a guilty pleasure show. That's actually widely recognized as one of the best sitcoms of all time. THE BACHELOR IS A GUILTY PLEASURE SHOW.

...I guess in Bachelor-world, watching a show about psychiatrists is somehow, in their heads, a guilty pleasure?
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • @leilac But but but that was old Nick, not the new and improved Nick we get to see today  :smiley:
  • leilac said:
    Here's the thing about one night stand Liz: Nick has no leg to stand on since that's pretty much exactly what he did with Kaitlyn!! He met her IRL, didn't pursue anything and then showed up on Bach. They're both fame whores.
    That's exactly what my husband said!!!!! Oh how mortified he would be to be outted as an avid watcher. I've dragged him down with me. 

Nick is 36-why are these ladies so young???

How has Corrine's "platinum vagine" not come up?! That girl is a mess. 
  • So...just finally watched! 

Liz is crazy. I bet she goes home
    next week.

I like Rachel (first impression) and the NICU nurse. I also like Vanessa (black and white dress). 

I do do love that he kept shark girl. However, did she really think that was a dolphin costume? If you love an animal so much, you should be able to tell the difference! 

Thought I liked Corrine until she said her nanny does everything for her. Umm...excuse me. You are an adult. Get your own cucumbers. 

This season is going to be awesome! 
  • I bet Liz is on the show hoping to be the next bachelorette...
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • I bet Liz is on the show hoping to be the next bachelorette...
    My thoughts exactly...she's not super into him(I would think). He was clearly just hookup material. LOL 
  • LoveLee85 said:
    I bet Liz is on the show hoping to be the next bachelorette...
    My thoughts exactly...she's not super into him(I would think). He was clearly just hookup material. LOL 
    If she's the next Bachelorette all I would be able to think about are those crazy eyes!! I'd say she's a safe bet for Bachelor in Paradise though! 
  • Bumping for tonight! Or do you guys want a new thread every week?
  • Can't wait to watch!! Mondays aren't so bad with the bachelor!
  • Can't wait, just made my popcorn! Missing my wine  :(
  • Yasss my queens :smiley:
  • I don't watch the show, but I find Channel 33's Bachelor Party podcast really entertaining.  This is their reaction to last week's premiere:

Nick was actually on the podcast back in August (
  • I can't with Liz and Corrine tonight. -_-