September 2015 Moms
Options

Bottle Weaning

I was wondering how you weaned your LOs from bottles? Did you just go cold turkey or gradual?
My LO can use a sippy cup, but still has bottles in the morning and bed time. 

Re: Bottle Weaning

• Options
    We tried doing it slowly, but it was harder. So we went cold turkey. It was rough for about two days but now he's fine. He will only drink water though.
  • Options
    Cold turkey the day after he turned 1 after about 4 hours he was good to go. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did a slow weaning. I offered it warmed up in a soft spout sippy first and then gave her the rest in a bottle. We just made it very low pressure to avoid toddler stubbornness and now she drinks it all from the sippy. Sometimes, she doesn't finish her milk, but if I cuddle her up in my lap on the couch, it goes right down. I think sometimes she misses the closeness of bottle feeding and I love the extra baby snuggles
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice! My first just started to refuse the bottle, so it was easy. I don't think the same will happen for this LO. We may just do cold turkey and suffer through a few days. :)
  • Options
    I started slowly by taking away one bottle every couple of weeks. When she was down to only her nighttime bottle I let her have that for about 2 months. The night she got her first stomach bug and threw up in her bed was the last night she had it. I figured since I wasn't giving her any milk while her tummy was sick it was the best time to take it away. We have had no issues!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15