March 2017 Moms

Randoms! 1/2/17!

Happy New Year & happy first week of 2017!! Let's hear all of your randoms! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Randoms! 1/2/17!

• Happy Birthday little one!! Have a great day :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @silverbulletband awww happy birthday to your little girl!!! 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Thank you guys! I truly appreciate it :,)
  • @mrsyimster if i eat a dozen donuts this week I'm blaming you haha
  • Agree with the nesting instinct. It has been helpful in packing up for our move, but my desire to reorganize DH's boxes that he has already packed to make it suit my organizational pattern is driving him crazy.

Also, I am doing my 1 hr glucose tolerance test as I type, and I am happy to report that the fruit punch flavored drink is better than the orange one they gave me last pregnancy!
  • @gator&bosox lol I want a dozen right now!

SaveSave
  • I bought a bulk box of size 1-but @CanadianintheSouth I'm totally also stashing newborns size from the hospital. DD was only in them for a week or two.

kid numero 2 is so different in general though! No nesting instincts in sight here.  I've really done nothing over the past months but pull some bins of old baby clothes and things out of a closet ... otherwise there isn't much I NEED to do. When I do get a nesting instinct (IF I do) I hope to use it to do freezer/crockpot meals! 
  • The inability to fall asleep tonight is killing me... and I'm getting flashbacks to when my husband can just sleep and not hear a baby!
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @shines721 I hear you on not sleeping. I've been falling asleep okay, but I'm waking up at 4am the last few nights, and I'm awake for like 2 hours! I feel like a walking zombie. At least it's practise for when the baby comes? right? right? at least that's what i'm telling myself...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Idk about any other STMs, but i slept so much better during the newborn stage compared to the third trimester.  Yes, id wake up a few times to nurse, but I went right back to sleep after and slept like a log-and always could sleep in like a pro!
  • kjd291 said:
    Idk about any other STMs, but i slept so much better during the newborn stage compared to the third trimester.  Yes, id wake up a few times to nurse, but I went right back to sleep after and slept like a log-and always could sleep in like a pro!
    Ditto. My insomnia right now sucks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • well it was looking like I was gunna get lucky this morning... throw in some boob leaking and LO kicking DH and I might as well kiss sex goodbye until April...grrrr
  • @Gators&BoSox LO always decides to party as soon as I sit/lay down. Freaks DH out so I'm right there with you. Last night I thought we were all set and as soon as we laid down in bed we passed out. Oops.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • ya its pretty hard to get in the mood when the babe makes sure her presence is known lol
  • I haven't experienced the leaky boobs yet but I know that'll freak out both me & DH when it starts to happen lol... I was told about 2 months ago to stop having sex until I reach week 28 (today, woohoo! but I'm still gonna hold off till I get the ok from my dr at my next appt to be sure) because of my short cervix. I hope if/when they do give us the ok that it won't be too weird with all the baby's movements & all.

Waking up at 4am is becoming my normal lately too haha I've been moving downstairs to try to fall back asleep on my couch curled up next to my dog. Baby loves to go crazy with kicking that time of morning.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjd291 LOL to you warning your husband! I think I'd have to tie mine down, and not in a fun way  :D
  • Apparently our landlord's management company paid to have our gutters cleaned - awesome. They didn't tell us they were going to, and gave us no warning... waking up from a nap to a stranger on my roof - super not awesome. 

Also, it's raining cats and dogs around here so I have doubts as to how effective their leaf blower was up there... 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LO is moving around a lot!  Great....but she keeps kicking the same EXACT spot all day long.  Again, so happy she's moving around, but I'd love for her to not kick the same spot each time she kicks.

Also - I wish I could have had more time off for the holidays.  :(
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Another long vent:

I'm feeling so stressed out! We put an offer on another house this past weekend and if they accept, we'll close on Feb 15. I was originally thinking that I wanted to wait until we had the baby before moving, but I posed my dilemma on a mom's group on Facebook, and every single person said that we should move before baby. It does make the most sense, but I didn't like the idea of finding new providers late in the game. I'm mostly stressed about uprooting my toddler from his home and daycare and then welcoming a new baby on top of that. There's so much changing for him and I feel awful about it. He's not going to go to daycare right away when we move, so he'll be home with me. There's just so much going on and I feel all flustered. I'm normally very laid back and have a go with the flow mentality, but I'm starting to feel anxious, which is not a feeling that I'm used to.

Also, it doesn't help that my MIL called my husband last night to ask if it would be ok for his sperm donor of a father to call him. His father walked out of my husband's life when he was about 2 and he's never had a relationship with him. My husband holds no animosity towards him because he made peace with the situation years ago and moved on. I guess his father had brain surgery and also buried a close family member, and that made him realize what a piece of shit, dead beat of a father he's been and now he wants to reach out to both my husband and my BIL. What pissed me off though was my MIL was all about how my husband and BIL needs to forgive their father. Umm, no, this is not how this works. You don't get to walk back into someone's life after having disappeared for over 30 years and just expect forgiveness. My husband isn't angry, but he would have every right to be angry if that's how he chose to feel.  He also feels like he doesn't need to forgive him since he's made peace with the situation and he told his mom that he has no problem speaking to his father, but he said it would be like talking a random stranger on the bus and doesn't feel like there's anything to talk about. I already told you all about the ridiculous crap that she said and did while we were in Dallas during Christmas, so I'm already annoyed as hell with her. Her piling this on top of the stress of moving doesn't help matters.
  • @kiyamurph I'm so sorry you're having so much stress right now - with the moving situation I hope that things can lock into place easily for you once you move, and your son will handle the change well. It's a lot going on with a new baby coming - but you can handle it!! Hopefully your STM experience will help you get through it all with as much ease as possible. 

As for your MIL and your DH's father - all I can say is - forgiveness is sometimes difficult and complicated, which it sounds like you know. I have a deadbeat father too, who I haven't seen for about 25+ years. He took a lot of money from my mother at the time he left, and left us with literally nothing, while my mom's father was dying. He expressed an interest (via facebook, seriously??) about 7 years ago about reuniting with my sister and I, and we decided that so much time had gone by that forgiveness wasn't really an option anymore. It wasn't that we continued to hold onto a grudge, more like we just no longer cared. And weren't interested in a renewed relationship. It was broken and just couldn't be fixed. Luckily we didn't have someone like your MIL pushing us to find forgiveness though. I mean, people have to go through things in their own way! I know how your DH feels though - he's made his peace, why bring it back up. It seems selfish on the part of the father. Ugh - hope your MIL can back off and let your DH and BIL figure it out for themselves! 
  • On the topic of sex, we have been off the wagon since the beginning of October when I had some bleeding that lead them to discover my partial previa. We were ok for a while, but we've both been feeling particularly randy the last couple of weeks. I'm getting checked again on Jan 13th and it can't come soon enough. Hoping for the all clear!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• jenny0228 said:
    @kiyamurph I'm so sorry you're having so much stress right now - with the moving situation I hope that things can lock into place easily for you once you move, and your son will handle the change well. It's a lot going on with a new baby coming - but you can handle it!! Hopefully your STM experience will help you get through it all with as much ease as possible. 

As for your MIL and your DH's father - all I can say is - forgiveness is sometimes difficult and complicated, which it sounds like you know. I have a deadbeat father too, who I haven't seen for about 25+ years. He took a lot of money from my mother at the time he left, and left us with literally nothing, while my mom's father was dying. He expressed an interest (via facebook, seriously??) about 7 years ago about reuniting with my sister and I, and we decided that so much time had gone by that forgiveness wasn't really an option anymore. It wasn't that we continued to hold onto a grudge, more like we just no longer cared. And weren't interested in a renewed relationship. It was broken and just couldn't be fixed. Luckily we didn't have someone like your MIL pushing us to find forgiveness though. I mean, people have to go through things in their own way! I know how your DH feels though - he's made his peace, why bring it back up. It seems selfish on the part of the father. Ugh - hope your MIL can back off and let your DH and BIL figure it out for themselves! 
    Yep, everything you said is how my husband feels. Like why even bring this all back up? And yes, I agree this is a selfish want on his father's part. My husband learned yesterday that his sperm donor has a total of 7 kids, including a set of twins. I'm not sure how active he is in his other kid's lives, but it sucks to know that my husband has half brothers and sisters out there that he doesn't even know. It would've been one thing if my MIL called to say that she spoke with his father and he can do whatever he wants with that info, but to push forgiveness is plain selfish. 
  • I'm thinking about getting the bellefit Gridles/corests since i will have a C section..
    thoughts?

https://www.bellefit.com/

SaveSave