August 2017 Moms

Baby names!

Re: Baby names!

• For a boy we like Oakelijah and Nikolijah with middle name Jakob to honor my stillborn brother. For a girl we like Jayleigh Jade and Everleigh Lydia. All family names.
    DS1 is Oskar Skott and DS2 is Leon Austin.
  • cltweed said:
    I have: Callahan Clark, Tallulah Reece, and Magnolia Mae. Our current boy/girl front runners are either Atticus Roscoe or Sullivan Roscoe for a boy, and Clementine Rue for a girl. All have a family name incorporated somehow. We march to the beat of our own weird little drum, obviously.  :D
    Godness, I love all your kids names! 
    I had my first son when I was 17 so I didn't really work hard on a name. I named him Bobby. It's not short for anything. It's just Bobby. Then when I had my second, I felt like I had to chose a short simple name again. So I did Kade. Now this one is between Micah for a boy and Ryen for a girl. Again, keeping it short and simple. 

But if I were to have thought ahead before having kids about what my name plan was going to be, I would have picked longer beautiful names like yours!
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • dmajer said:
    We have had names for both genders picked for awhile. We are also planning on being surprised for the gender at birth :) we like Lucas William for a boy and Frances Madeline for a girl (we'd call her Frankie, after my Dad)
    Frances is probably one of my favorite names!
    Bobby Llewellyn born September 29, 2012
    Kade Wayne born July 23, 2015
    MC in February 2017
    MC in November 2017
    Oliver Dean (Ollie) due December 17, 2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Casper has been my #1 boy name for a long time, but my husband can't get behind it. He said he could maybe go for Jasper, but since that's the name of a friend's dog, we can't stop thinking of it as a dog name. Daisy Mae is my #1 girl name at the moment, but that could change as quickly as my mood these days. 
  • We just found out today that we'll need two names! I am still in shock over twins. 

For girls, we love Harriet and Violet, and I am lobbying hard for H to come around to Louise. 

Boys are harder for us. I really love George and Benjamin. 
    so exciting! question, looking back (before getting confirmation from your doctor) did you have any indication that you had twins... like did symptoms hit you hard or anything like that?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just found out today that we'll need two names! I am still in shock over twins. 

For girls, we love Harriet and Violet, and I am lobbying hard for H to come around to Louise. 

Boys are harder for us. I really love George and Benjamin. 
    so exciting! question, looking back (before getting confirmation from your doctor) did you have any indication that you had twins... like did symptoms hit you hard or anything like that?
    I'm a FTM, so I really don't have anything to compare it to. I have had pretty bad morning sickness but my doctor said that's not really indicative of twins. Even my betas were pretty normal. 

We knew it was a real possibility because we did IUI and had 3 good follicles last cycle. But it was still a shock when she told us there were 2 heartbeats!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @SarahBethBR DD is Violet. Such a classy name.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • lmyrmolmyrmo member
    edited December 2016
    only a few ideas so far.  We are wanting to go with a G or N name since the other kids are H, I, J, K, L, M. But it isn't so easy to come up with.  I've been thinking Noah, Nathan, Natalie, Nova, Nora, or Glory.
  • Boy- William Paul (after grandfathers)
    Girl- we have no idea... want middle name to be Elena like me.. I love Evelyn, but DH isn't on board yet....
  • We have one DD, Natalie.
    Violet was our runner up last time and Benjamin was our boy name. But since then I've had a cousin AND best friend name their boys Benjamin. So I'm sad I won't be able to use it now.

Haven't even started talking about names for this one yet
  • I have no clue! we have two boys and I can't think of any other boy names I like with them. We have never strongly considered girl names because we found out the sex each time. I like Meredith and Paige but no clue where DH stands on those. 
  • @SarahBethBRvery exciting... good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first language is Spanish, so I like names that sound good in both English and Spanish. DDs name is Eliana Mia (nn Ellie). For this baby, I like Sabrina, Daniella and Gabriella. I like Benjamin for boy. DH is not on board with any of them, but he said he will start thinking more seriously after the anatomy scan.
  • This whole naming a human thing never gets easier! We have a Noah Ryan (10), Liam Wyatt (5), and Piper Savannah (1). 

My husband likes Remington (Remi) for a boy, and Willow for a girl. I'm not opposed to either, but it's a good thing we still have plenty of time to decide! 
  • My first language is Spanish, so I like names that sound good in both English and Spanish. DDs name is Eliana Mia (nn Ellie). For this baby, I like Sabrina, Daniella and Gabriella. I like Benjamin for boy. DH is not on board with any of them, but he said he will start thinking more seriously after the anatomy scan.
    same here! what I've noticed is if the name ends with an "a" chances are you can pronounce it fine in both Spanish and English. DD's name is Aviana and if we have another girl we are thinking of going with Sienna :)

if it's a boy we are doing David but only because DH is the "third" and he wants to pass down the name lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're the nerdy house. Our names are from favorite characters and old styled names. 
    My daughter's name is Evelyn Leia. We call her Evie (based on Eevee the pokemon) and Leia is for princess leia. 
    We have a boys name from the first round. Calvin Oliver. Calvin and Hobbes and Oliver Twist. 

We will start thinking girls names again if we find out its a girl. It's a ton of work lol. Maybe we could call her Jyn Rey. Haha
  • We like to use family names.   If this baby is a girl, she'll be Mae which was my grandma's middle name.    If it's a boy, I'm thinking Max 
  • Josephine Rowen or Jameson Cade
  • @MatteaGabrielle our daughter is Violet Rey. Nerd fam here.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • ***TW in reply***

we have a girl name picked out as we have 2 girls already, but so far we just cannot agree on a boy name... fingers crossed that means something haha. Our girls both have A names so if it is another girl we will continue the trend with Alivia Hope. DD#1 is Aislyn Grace & DD#2 is Aubrey Faith. DD#1 was my saving grace as I was on a whirlwinded trail straight to nowhere right out of HS. DD#2 was literally conceived through Faith alone that we would have an other child because it took 4.5 years to conceive her. and this one is going to be Hope because after all of our losses we have depended on the slightly glimmering hope we would have our last child. 
    Me:27/DH:26(til April)
    DD#1:4/19/09
    DD#2:5/5/15
    EDD:8/10/17

BabyFetus Ticker

***TW***
    5 angel babies, 4 MC, 3 singletons sex unknown & 1 set of twin boys. Expecting our 3rd rainbow baby
  • I currently have a Ryker. I LOVE his name. 
    BUT I am from New Zealand so with my accent I pronounce it like Rykah and it confuses people. So I can't have another -er name. 

For a girl we will bas Ayla Violet. Violet is so common in here! But it is my husbands latw grandmas name who he was very close to. I just love Ayla 

we have NOTHING for a boy. Nothing. Boy names are hard.
  • mamamerc09 virtue name's are typically NMS but I absolutely love your LO's names and potential girl name. That is so special! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• edited January 2017
    DS is Locke Michael (my maiden name and DHs middle name) DD is Annaliese Jane after her grandmothers. NO idea for this baby but we are also team green so I feel like I have more time lol. Really like Piper for a girl and Ford for a boy. 

@dmbfan46835 DH is also a huge Cubs fan and I promised if we had a boy that his middle name could be Wrigley lol. He's still pushing for it to be the first name but I don't think so. He also loves Addison! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mamamerc09 I know a family whose girls have all 3 of those middle names as first names!!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • mamamerc09mamamerc09 member
    edited January 2017
    @BlankNYellow, I never was either until somehow they all endes up having such a significant impact! Lots of people have easy no issue pregnancies and aaaalllll of mine have been complicated. All 3 (assuming this one gets to) of our take home babies are rainbow babies. 
    Me:27/DH:26(til April)
    DD#1:4/19/09
    DD#2:5/5/15
    EDD:8/10/17

BabyFetus Ticker

***TW***
    5 angel babies, 4 MC, 3 singletons sex unknown & 1 set of twin boys. Expecting our 3rd rainbow baby
  • where do I start! 

for a girl my DH is stuck on Charleigh Mae
    I've got a bunch that I like

briar rose
    coralee 
    coralynn 
    Marlow
    Harlow 

Boys 
    DH wants Henry 
    but I like 
    Nash 
    sawyer
    dusty
    archer
    shiloh 
    reese
  • @dmbfan46835 I LOVE the idea of Addison Clark! My hubby is a HUGE cubs fan. I think we are going to do a Cubs newborn pic (my photographer is also a huge fan) But don't worry- I won't steal it. My niece is named Addyson- so it wouldn't fly! 

Last time we had a huge list of girl names and a few boy names. We had a boy. He wasn't given a first name until he was almost 16 hrs old, and it took a whole other day to get a middle name. We haven't even started the list this time... 
  • We only have a girl name, if we have a boy he will most likely be born without a name  :D

Haha same here!
    There's a quote by someone, I don't know who- "You don't realize how many people you hate until you try to name your child."

For a girl, we know Adrienne is it. Haven't discussed a middle name. We don't hate Calvin or Jack for boys, but I don't really want a "year's top 10 baby name" name either- and Jack is super popular.  Hey, 6.5 more months to figure it out, right? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @asun123 Rue is a great name
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @kudlica27 we did a cubs newborn pic for DS and it was too cute! Etsy has some crazy cute newborn hats. Can't wait to see what you guys do in 9 mos! 

@bluejeanbaby1217 I love Wrigley! Too cute! Or you could do Maddon or Ryne... so many options! 
  • Picking names is so stressful! We havent talked about it yet, but we were team green last time so we have lists already! DS is Leonard Ezekiel. I really like Norah, Aurora, Zoe for a girl.  I think Lynn will be middle name no matter what.

Im not sure about a boy, our DS goes by his middle name or Zeke, since his dad shares their first name.  
    Anniversary

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited January 2017
    Yes, @akwr! We have a two word Italian last name. Lots of adorable names don't work.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • we only have a partial girl name. DH name is kyle james and our first daughter is named kylie jay after him. my name is breanna so if we have a girl she will be names bree-lynn not sure of the spelling or the middle name. and we have absolutely no idea if we have a boy.
  • @CoachBeckyCooper my sons name is Jameson! Jameson William 
  • @BrunetteBabe722
     :) We keep to an initials theme (JCC Boys, JRC if we ever have a girl) and I like Jameson better than James :smile:
  • We are thinking of Rileigh for a girl still deciding on her MN my husband insists in Jo but i dont like it i like Paige or Rose better. I also thought of Savannah Rose, my husband is not a fan.

For a boy, will be Benjamin Lucas or Benjamin Katcher. 
  • So we've had names picked out for about 4 years although we didn't start TTC until October. lol.

Boy: Oliver Franklin

Girl: Aria Caitlyn

DH family all have "lin" in their names so the middle names are carried over to keep the trend going.

BUT I AM SO TORN. All the "Top baby names of 2016" lists came out and Oliver was #9 and Aria was #8!!! We thought these were pretty different and really don't want Oliver to be the 3rd one in his class in school. So do we stick with names we had picked out 4 years ago before they were popular or do we change them? :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @budzynb I have an Oliver. I am a teacher and have never had a student with that name, and none of my friends or relatives had that name. I named him and BAM! the name is everywhere! My local mom's group has about a dozen Olivers....