June 2017 Moms

Amazon Welcome Registry Box!

Re: Amazon Welcome Registry Box!

• @Wearmi1, do you have flex spending? I recently learned ours covered prenatals and sunscreen. So those both came off of my S&S. 

We had a record cold the year DD2 was an infant. I constantly used it to order new stuff for DD1 to do, without having to take the kids out in the negative degree temps. It was amazing. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Wearmi1, it's part of our health care plan. We can pull money out, pre tax, into a flex spending account (FSA) to use to pre approved medical expenses.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was so excited to order my damn welcome box. I ordered my $10 worth of items, went to check out the box and it says it won't send it. After some investigating deep into Amazon's FAQ page, turns out they only ship the box within the continental U.S., because I'm sure it's such a big difference sending that particular box to me here in Alaska as opposed to the 50 other boxes they have shipped to me already. Bastards.
  • Sirius37 said:
    I was so excited to order my damn welcome box. I ordered my $10 worth of items, went to check out the box and it says it won't send it. After some investigating deep into Amazon's FAQ page, turns out they only ship the box within the continental U.S., because I'm sure it's such a big difference sending that particular box to me here in Alaska as opposed to the 50 other boxes they have shipped to me already. Bastards.
    Argh! So frustrating. I hated that living up there. Places flat out wouldn't ship or would charge so much more. It's really no different than shipping coast to coast.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @belhurstbride  no I don't have that.  I have military health care. They give me free vitamins but they're really hard on my stomach and digestive track so I just pay out of pocket for my own.  
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited December 2016
    How do people function without Amazon Prime? 

I have dozens of things on my subscribe and save list; diapers, wipes, batteries, shampoo, conditioner, feminine hygiene products... 

We use it for streaming shows, movies and music and can use it for free book downloads on our kindle. 

And then, you know, the two day shipping and all. 
    It's funny, we were just talking about this on TK. The past year or so, Amazon processing times have sucked. I contacted customer service finally because I ordered a package on Dec. 17 and it hadn't shipped as of the 27th. I live in Alaska so prime is 3-7 business days. I ordered two other packages from other online retailers that same day (chose free shipping) and they shipped and arrived in time for Christmas. 

After runaround from the customer service rep and him giving me one day shipping, he finally tells me that 3-7 days applies to shipping time, not including processing time, which is a load of crap. I don't know anyone else who does that. I'm planning to cancel Prime when we get close to our expiration date. 

Shipping is free if you wait and order enough stuff at the same time, even without Prime. I don't use subscribe and save for anything. For the stuff I order, the savings aren't enough to make it worth it. The only thing I've ordered recently that's eligible is prenatals and maybe $1 in savings on a 90-count bottle only adds up to $4 a year in savings, not even close to the $99 Prime cost. A lot of the things you order, I don't use. I use a menstrual cup, i.e. reusable.  When I use diapers for this baby, it will be cloth.

There are lots of other music streaming services that cost a lot less than $100 a year. Additionally, some people don't use streaming services. H and I rarely stream music and when we do, we use free stuff like iheartradio or Pandora. As for shows and movies, I don't find that their selection is all that great. Most of the shows I like aren't included with Prime and a few that used to be included (like How I Met Your Mother) have been removed. Every movie I've searched recently that I've been interested in hasn't been included with Prime. 

You like it, great, but it's not a life necessity for a lot of people. 
  • danij0danij0 member
    edited December 2016
    I totally understand Prime isn't for everyone but before you guys no longer have Prime I would like to recommend you watch Catastrophe. It's hilarious and has very short seasons so totally watchable in the free month version. :)

My box just shipped! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • danijo said:
    I totally understand Prime isn't for everyone but before you guys no longer have Prime I would like to recommend you watch Catastrophe. It's hilarious and has very short seasons so totally watchable in the free month version. :)

My box just shipped! 
    I really loved the pilot for Jean Claude Van Johnson. I hope they pick it up for a season.  

I love Prime so much I have a US and UK membership.  Looooove prime.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • FYI, my box had the following:

- gray hedgehog print muslin blanket
    - sensitive baby wipes
    - Pampers travel changing pad
    - Avent 4 oz. plastic bottle
    - Aquaphor sample packet
    - Aveeno baby lotion travel size
    - Oball O-copter  (Oball toy helicopter)
  • @michaela0704 same box as Stankonia2014 and I! 
  • Jeez you guys got good stuff!! Mine sucked haha
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I ordered mine today!! Thanks again for the tip, you guys are rockstars.
  • Mines on it's way, hope I get the "good" box! 
  • Why can't I figure this out. I want my box but apparently my brain is defunct. 
  • There was a note on amazon somewhere that I saw that the current box was special and while supplies last in honor of the holidays or something...I desperately wanted the bottle bc that's the kind we used with DD so I'd love extras, assuming we use them again, so I jumped on it.  That's why the recent ones have all been the same.
  • delujm0 said:
    There was a note on amazon somewhere that I saw that the current box was special and while supplies last in honor of the holidays or something...I desperately wanted the bottle bc that's the kind we used with DD so I'd love extras, assuming we use them again, so I jumped on it.  That's why the recent ones have all been the same.
    I just finished my registry and now they are all out :(
  • tmrussell said:
    delujm0 said:
    There was a note on amazon somewhere that I saw that the current box was special and while supplies last in honor of the holidays or something...I desperately wanted the bottle bc that's the kind we used with DD so I'd love extras, assuming we use them again, so I jumped on it.  That's why the recent ones have all been the same.
    Me too! Boo! 
    Married my best friend May 24, 2008
    BFP #1 9/1/11, EDD 5/15/12, Missed M/C at 9w4d, discovered at 11w3d, D&C 11/2/11
    BFP #2 6/20/12, Baby Boy born 3/2/13
    BFP #3 October 2016, EDD 6/11/17
  • I ordered mine today!  Can't wait to see what's in it!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• tmrussell said:
    delujm0 said:
    Yes, same here! :( Now we will probably end up with a boring box whenever it goes back in stock. 
  • How did you know it was all out?  I was able to order mine the other day, hopefully I got one of the last ones.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • awillis13 said:
    How did you know it was all out?  I was able to order mine the other day, hopefully I got one of the last ones.
    It said it was all out when I went to check my welcome box status (my $10 item had just shipped and I was hoping to add it to my cart!). You are probably just fine since you were actually able to order it. 
  • My welcome box comes on Friday! Man I hope it's as awesome as the one the rest of y'all got!!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • My welcome box is still getting packed up....I'm surprised I was able to order it before they ran out! It's getting shipped to my sister clear over in NH though, so it'll still be awhile before I see it I imagine.
  • Just filled out my Amazon registry and went to add the welcome box and got this: talk about a bummer! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I got a message saying they were out as well yesterday, but I was able to order mine jut now! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Did this still work if you've had a registry on there in the past?
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • shmarpler said:
    Did this still work if you've had a registry on there in the past?
    you have to delete your old one and create a new one... this was my situation and I chatted with customer service.
  • Ahutch428 said:
    I got a message saying they were out as well yesterday, but I was able to order mine jut now! 
    Me too! I hope it's a good one!
  • When it comes to things like diapers, I'm pretty lost on which brand to pick. Did you guys try out several brands to see what worked best? Did you develop preferences?
  • tjvan said:
    When it comes to things like diapers, I'm pretty lost on which brand to pick. Did you guys try out several brands to see what worked best? Did you develop preferences?
    I prefer Pampers or Target's Up & Up brand. One of my kids had a reaction to Huggies, another had a reaction to Luvs, so we just stick with those two unless they have a reaction. I also found that Luvs was horrible at keeping them dry overnight, they always leaked.

Some kids never have reactions and parents just buy whatever diapers are on sale. 
  • ^^ What @Stankonia2014 said ^^

DD has sensitive skin - Pampers Swaddlers worked for us, and we've stuck with them. I once needed to buy some when we were out of the country and even a slightly different variety gave her a rash. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • tjvan said:
    When it comes to things like diapers, I'm pretty lost on which brand to pick. Did you guys try out several brands to see what worked best? Did you develop preferences?
    I prefer Pampers or Target's Up & Up brand. One of my kids had a reaction to Huggies, another had a reaction to Luvs, so we just stick with those two unless they have a reaction. I also found that Luvs was horrible at keeping them dry overnight, they always leaked.

Some kids never have reactions and parents just buy whatever diapers are on sale. 
    This...we have Pampers at home but send Target brand to daycare (they change them CONSTANTLY there and those diapers are a lot cheaper).  However, we have had the most overnight success with the Huggies overnight product after trying all of the Pampers offerings.  For daytime we started off on Pampers Swaddlers, and then when DD started crawling we switched to the cruisers.  Sometimes we get the Baby Dry if they're on sale.  We also use the Pampers Sensitive wipes.
  • My husband has Prime and our accounts are connected. I wonder if I will still be able to get my box? I must investigate!
  • danij0danij0 member
    edited January 2017
    @swanbrooner Our Prime is actually on my husband's account. I just made the registry and completed all the tasks on his account and had no issues. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tjvan it will really depends on your kiddo... Pampers were tighter around the legs IMO and Huggies worked well for my friends who had thicker (just a cute though) babies.

We cloth diapers at home and had to use disposables at daycare.  One of my boys had crazy sensitive skin and could only wear cloth and Pampers Sensitive... he reacted to Luvs, Huggies, and Target brand but in general I still feel like Pampers had the best fit.
  • @tjvan we also stick to pampers. Both my boys peed out of Huggies, didn't even bother to try them on my daughter. We also use pamper wipes for changes, but I keep huggies wipes in the car for cleaning up faces. The other moms suggested target brand and I can honestly say I've never tried the diapers, but once my kids turned two they went in the target brand pull ups because they were way better than the pampers easy ups and cheaper than "pull ups" 
  • edited January 2017
    Mine shipped yesterday! I'm too excited about this. 

Edit: too excited to proofread 
  • Mine shipped yesterday!  I am excited!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017