January 2017 Moms
Options

Sunday Ticker Change (1/1)

Doing one more because of course baby isn't here yet [shock, surprise!]

How far along are you today? What's new with your little babe? 

Are you now fully prepared for the baby's arrival? 

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms: 

When's your next appointment? 

GTKY: What's the weirdest/funniest pregnancy-related question or symptom that you remember googling during your pregnancy?

Re: Sunday Ticker Change (1/1)

• Options
    How far along are you today? What's new with your little babe? 40 weeks. It's his due date! Size of a jackfruit.

Are you now fully prepared for the baby's arrival? Um, yes. Very much so. 

Rants / Raves / Questions / Symptoms: Given that both me and my fiancee were premature or early (him at 35 weeks, me at 38), I'm shocked to make it to his due date. I'm 100% effaced right and was 0 dilated on Thursday and I have this energy that I haven't had in weeks. We went on a 2 mile run last night and I did a bunch of exercise in addition to that. I'm really hoping the energy is a sign that things are about to start because I haven't really been having painful contractions per se. I feel some cramping and tightening that is like 10 minutes apart for a few hours at a time but it never really gets closer together and it's not particularly painful so... I 'unno.

When's your next appointment? Friday for a tentative 40.5 week appointment. They'll do an NST and possibly schedule an induction if I make it to that appointment.

GTKY: What's the weirdest/funniest pregnancy-related question or symptom that you remember googling during your pregnancy? I forgot amniotic sacs were a thing and googled to find out if I had sex after starting dilation if the kid would get semen in his face haha.
  • Options
    @canavara I hope things get started for you soon!!!

36 weeks which means I officially get to give birth at my hospital yay! I register on Wednesday, and after that we're all good to go.

A lot more prepared than I was in December. LO has a place to sleep (2 actually!), clean clothes to wear, diapers in 2 sizes, formula if need be, a hospital bag of his own... still need to pack my bag, sterilize some bottles, and stock up on baby medicines, but not too worried.

He's been punching/kicking/hickuping up a storm the last few days. H has been smitten to feel all of the movement, but I'm growing tired of it. My poor digestive system is taking quite the beating.

Next appt isn't until January 11th. My MIL made a comment this weekend over skype about how I must be constantly going to the OB at this point, but I'm on a 3 week schedule because drs here have a much more hands off approach to pregnancy. I didn't want her to worry that I'm not receiving adequate care (and fretting is a major past time of hers), so I just nodded and smiled.

I googled whether I could OD on Tums, which I guess isn't SO weird, but dear lord have I consumed a lot of those suckers.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @canavara hope baby comes soon! Thanks for doing one more ticker though, I still haven't quite figured out how to.

36wks, she's as big as a papaya. She gets lots of hiccups and moves a lot at certain times.
    Almost got everything lined up. I feel mentally ready to have this baby.
    I can't hardly stand without breaking into a sweat and feeling like I gotta pee. Started having hot flashes even while sitting. 
    Jan 4th, then I start weekly checks.
    GTKY: What's the weirdest/funniest pregnancy-related question or symptom that you remember googling during your pregnancy?
    I can't really think of anything weird right now.
  • Options

39 weeks! This is nuts. @canavara we are definitely having babies this month. Every other month it was technically a possibility but now it's assured.  

Yes. The only thing we are missing is a print for the nursery - but Cletus the fetus won't notice so as far as he is concerned we are ready. Car seat is installed, bag is packed, baby clothes are washed and organized, freezer meals cooked. 

In the middle of the night when you struggle to get up to pee, and then struggle to lay back down and just as you get comfortable you leak some sort of discharge >:-(

Wednesday

i can't think of anything at the moment
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    40 weeks! Sometimes it feels like I have a puppy jumping around in there. My new favorite past time is tickling his feet and then watching him move around in response. 

Yes, definitely. So ready. 

I'm in a similar situation to @canavara : 100% effaced. I was a fingertip dilated at my last appointment, which was last Wednesday. I had some bloody show last night, which was exciting -- first new sign of progress in a few weeks. I had contractions all day yesterday and last night but they didn't quite make it to the "stronger, faster, longer" stage. I've also had 2 acupuncture treatments (to help with induction) because I found out last week that the OB/midwifery practice I go to typically induces moms at 41 weeks. That can be stretched out a bit, but I'm hopeful to deliver before I have to worry about that. Right now, I'm hoping he comes on the 4th, 7th or 8th, because my favorite midwife is on call those dates. ;-) 

Tuesday. If I'm not dilated by then, they'll have me come back on Friday. 

I can't think of anything right now.