January 2017 Moms

The Great Labor Thread!

Re: The Great Labor Thread!

• False labor- me too. I was at L&d for awhile Xmas night with ctx 3-4 mins apart that had been that way all day but not dilated at all and only 10% effaced. So back home I went! Ctx have slowed down since then but they still come on and off. Its hard to kinda just get on with my life and keep living! Not knowing when.. just waiting. 
  • Due the 12th. At last night's appt was told I'm 2cm dilated 70% effaced and my cervix was really soft. Doc said this baby will most likely arrive earlier then expected. I go home tell my husband and he replys....."I am just not mentally ready for 3 kids"  ummmm too late buddy. This little man is making an appearance sooner then later.  Haha. Also. Full blown panic mode, bc this momma has been hardcore procrastinating on getting all things baby, out and ready.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • KMck27 said:
    Due the 12th. At last night's appt was told I'm 2cm dilated 70% effaced and my cervix was really soft. Doc said this baby will most likely arrive earlier then expected. I go home tell my husband and he replys....."I am just not mentally ready for 3 kids"  ummmm too late buddy. This little man is making an appearance sooner then later.  Haha. Also. Full blown panic mode, bc this momma has been hardcore procrastinating on getting all things baby, out and ready.
    I wouldn't take too much stock in the 2cm/70% effaced/soft cervix, even if the doc said he'd most likely come early.  You can walk around that way for weeks!
    Good luck!
  • Yeah I've been 2cm (3-4 now) for the past 3 weeks now! And 70%+ effaced since 32 weeks (5 weeks), I got steroid shots because they thought he was gunna come any day at 32 weeks, but I'm still pregnant at 37.4 weeks. Baby will come when he/she's ready
  • @lindsladle15 @myriamc96  True, i know that it isn't a true reflection of when you could go into labor, but I did go early with my daughter and my son was born on his due date. This time around my due date was questionable due to not having a cycle in between my last delivery and conception. Last week a different doc told me my edd was a week later then what we were originally told. So hearing this sent me into full blown panic mode. Either way I think I needed to hear this to have the fire lit under my ass to get moving. Haha
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • ccarrozza1ccarrozza1 member
    edited December 2016
    This past Tuesday says I am 1-2cm dilated but not effaced at all. He didn't think baby was ready to come yet. But wouldn't say when he thought he would come. Next week will be 39 weeks and totally safe for me to give birth so I am all for it
  • ccarrozza1ccarrozza1 member
    edited December 2016
    Last time my water broke first at 36 weeks so this time I am not certain what to expect at all. 
  • Hello I'm Kristen. 36 weeks here! I'm having a little boy scheduled for a c section Jan 19th. My cervix was checked today it was very high and not d ialated at all
  • Checked at 36 weeks 1-2cm dilated and 50% effaced. Checked again at 37 weeks and was told more dilated and defiitely more effaced though no numbers. Im being sent for another ultrasound to make sure he isnt too big for me to handle. Im just ready for this to happen already!
  • 38 weeks here .. checked a few days ago and was 4cm dialted 90% effaced and really soft... also had a bulging water but ive tried everything to help get things going amd still nothing! 
  • @askerrysmile I know that it's rough having baby in the nicu my LO ended up there because both him and I had an infection. It was rough but hang in there. Also rough not feeling well yourself so make sure you rest because you need it too. On the up side I bounced back from my c section quickly from my many walks to the nicu. 
  • Just got back from l&d. LO wasn't moving as much as he usually does at night. Got me worried. No contractions on monitor. Got a great heartbeat and monitored him for a while. Still 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Due on the 8th, next ob appointment on Tuesday. 
  • Anyone else think they went into labor but then you just had to poop? Lol

also I'm a bit scared I won't know I'm in labor... any concrete tips on what to look for besides cramps?  I've been having cramps for weeks!

• serah said:
    Anyone else think they went into labor but then you just had to poop? Lol

also I'm a bit scared I won't know I'm in labor... any concrete tips on what to look for besides cramps?  I've been having cramps for weeks!

This is my fear as well. Everyone says "you'll know"...but what if I don't? I agree, I've been crampy for at least the last 1.5 weeks. 

I'm sure those who have been through it before are right, and we will know when the time comes. It doesn't make me any less anxious though waiting around to find out, haha! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • myriamc96myriamc96 member
    edited January 2017
    @serah I thought I wouldn't know either with my first and but believe me there's no mistaking labor! You will feel like your dying, the pain slowly gets worse until it reaches the point where you feel like it can't get worse and then it vanishes, when that gets to the point of regular 3-5 min intervals for an hour is when you go in. 
  • myriamc96 said:
    @serah I thought I wouldn't know either with my first and but believe me there's no mistaking labor! You will feel like your dying, the pain slowly gets worse until it reaches the point where you feel like it can't get worse and then it vanishes, when that gets to the point of regular 3-5 min intervals for an hour is when you go in. 
    So glad to hear this...  I was at 4 cm 80% about 3-4 days ago, but still not having any patterns of contractions.  Everyone keeps saying "you will know when it is time " but it's hard to trust the unknown.   
  • @canavara exactly!!! I've had the radiating cramps and I'm like "this feels crappy" but not that crappy??? I'm terrified I'll get to the hospital too late.  Can't this kid give me an outlook meeting maker, or at least a "between 4 and 8 pm" lol?!
  • 40 weeks  today  and  no pains  yet , I keep  asking  myself  if I will know when  it's time 
  • Good luck with your induction @ceclarlinetlo
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Im 36 weeks and 3 days had my appointment today. I was dilated to almost a 2 and then lost some of my mucous plug. Baby seems to be really low in my hips but i cant tell if the pains im having are contractions or not. This is my second but all mg contraction  memories with my first have ben sufficiently blocked so i have no clue haha. Hopefully not going to be early
  • I love reading all of the exciting stories and seeing birth announcements, I get teary eyed looking at the pictures!! So happy for everyone and wishing everyone a healthy and speedy delivery. Can't wait for my turn!!
  • Today is officially D-day and I'm not sure if I should try pumping to Kickstart this thing or wait it out. Anyone else here past due yet?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Anyone else 39+ weeks and not dilated or effaced? I went to my appointment yesterday and the doctor said I haven't made an progress. I'm so frustrated that my body hasn't done anything. I'm starting to worry that it wont do anything on its own and i'll end up having to have a c-section. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @wpowell you're not alone.  I'm in the same boat!!! Its frustrating and scary.  But I'm just trying to be patient with my body (and climb a lot of stairs) and hopefully it'll start when we least expect it!

• @serah that's what I'm doing as well. I was so hopeful that this would be the week since my DD's birthday is next week.. Oh well I guess it's the waiting game for us. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsRahl I wouldn't pump. Every lactation consultant I have ever talked to stresses you shouldn't pump before baby is born. I would try sex, if you can, but the dr won't let you get past 42 weeks, so hang in there!! Also, I started eating pineapple daily after an appointment that I wasn't dilated, 4 days later I was at a 1.
  • nlewis0819nlewis0819 member
    edited January 2017
    I will be induced on Monday at 4 am. I will be 39 weeks exactly. I am excited, but I fear it will be a long labor as I was only 1 cm. today.
    I am in the same boat. Scheduled to be induced Monday at 7pm. I was checked today and I am only 1 cm. Good luck Monday!
  • any progress @gogogirl16?  None of the old wives' tales have done anything for me, stairs, spicy food, etc...

• I was due 3 January  and went pass due date by almost  a  week, started  having  contractions  the  night before  my induction  day and  gave birth  at 4h05 10 Jan 
  • I started having contractions at 8pm on monday the 9th, they were immediately a consistent 10 minutes apart. The doctor said to head to the hospital since we live 45 min away (11pm). I was held in triage to see if i had any progress if i walked for a few hours. The contractions got stronger and shortened to 4 minutes apart but i hadnt dialated any further so i was sent home after 4 hours (4am). As soon as i got home, my water broke!!! We turned around and headed back, arrived to find no staff around because of an emergency. I was in such pain but had to wait to be admitted for the epidural. At 8 am I finally had a room and an epidural was started. There was a blood pressure issue from the epidural so they rushed me to the OR just in case they needed to perform a c-section. I stabilized and they brought me back to my room. By 930 I was 10 cm and started pushing at 1030. He was born at 12:13pm. Happy and healthy mommy and baby!! 9 and 9 on both apgars!