Last TGIF Check in of the Year!!!

Can't wait to kick 2016 to the curb!!

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Re: Last TGIF Check in of the Year!!!

• Options
    I'm burning 2016 this,weekend lol
  • Options
    Good riddance, 2016! 

H and I are supposed to go to a party tonight with some friends. I woke up with a fever but generally feel okay, which is weird. Hopefully that goes away and we can enjoy the get-together. Our NYE will be quiet at home and I am grateful for that. Just H and I and the pups will ring in the new year. 
    Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same with the quiet New Year's. I'm working in NM next weekend so soaking up some home time this weekend. DH's construction van was broken into last night in front of our house and they stole around 2K$ worth of equipment. I can't wait to be rid of 2016. 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    @amberruka man that sucks! Will insurance cover it the very least? I know it's such a headache.
  • Options
    We are having a low key NYE too, going our for a dinner and then a movie.  We haven't been to the movies in a while so we will have our pick of ones to see!

@amberruka - that's awful!
  • Options
    amberrukaamberruka member
    edited December 2016
    @MimoCa His company owns the van and they just filed a claim but the major equipment stolen (drills, etc.) belongs to him. They just offered him loaner equipment to use in the meantime, which is super nice.  :):)

edit: they sautered (sp?) a hole in the back door so it was probably cased for awhile, not your typical smash-and-grab. 
  • Options
    @amberruka That is really odd! Maybe inside job or competitor?

Our NYE will be mellow. Watching an MMA fight at our friends house & just ringing in the new year and saying goodbye to the hell that was 2016.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    @amberruka  That stinks. I agree that it was probably being cased for awhile. 

We are going on a NYE cruise.  We went a couple years ago and had fun.  It's a little pricey but we tell each other that we can't take it with us.  Going to freeze my tooshie off but the fireworks are amazing out on the water. 

Most years we stay home and are well asleep by midnight.

Can't wait to see what the New Year brings.  I can't say that 2016 was all bad since DH and I got married over the summer.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    @amberruka that really sucks about DHs van. Does it creep you out that some scumbags did that right in front of your house?? I'm from northern maine where nothing like that happens so I think I'd be wicked freaked out!

Joining the party for a low key NYE. We're going to a friends house at 6:30 and have already agreed we'll probably leave by 9  :D

Tonight we're staying in Harrisburg, PA but we have to leave by 5am in order for me to get back to practice on Saturday afternoon, blah. I would cancel but we NEED the practice, lol
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @amberruka urg that sucks. Claims take forever too :(
  • Options
    @amberruka Ugh! That's so awful! I'm glad he's getting loaner equipment, but it sucks that the expensive stuff to replace is yours.

@SoontobeMommaHowe What brought you to Harrisburg? I grew up about an hour from there and can honestly say that I don't think it's really a top tourist destination. Lol.

AFM: +1 to low-key NYE. We're watching college football with friends in the afternoon, and then it's just me, H, and the pup for the evening. I told H I specifically wanted a quiet night in to just watch this year die already. Getting our pup was the only good thing in our year in 2016.
  • Options
    @SP128 - that cruise sounds really fun - have a great time!
  • Options
    @SoonToBeMommaHowe I know! Where I grew up in upstate NY I think there was a town burglary once every 3-4 years, ha ha. We live in a pretty blue collar neighborhood of Portland which is not normally laden with this kind of stuff, but does occasionally happen (same spot 1.5 years ago we did have a smash-and-grab when we left for 20 MIN ONLY on a Saturday afternoon). Usually petty stuff since we got a fairly large drug and homeless problem, so this was a little different than that. I have found about 40% of our neighborhood is registered on NextDoor so we can keep each other posted.  :) but yes....that totally creeps me out since I fell asleep in front of the front window facing it and got up for bed at 3am.
  • Options
    @RiverSong15 we traveled to Salem, VA to watch college bball (lucky DH) and needed to get a jump start towards home (NH) but didn't want to go too far so Harrisburg is just the layover spot. 

@amberruka stay safe! I'm home alone a lot so I'd probably be hiding under my bed at night! Lol
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @MimoCa  You've had a rough one this year.  To hell with 2016.

@laeberge3,@TScalei@SoonToBeMommaHowe@RiverSong15and @amberruka Quiet NYE sounds great. Less pressure to have a great time. I prefer low key now that I am older. My 20 something self would be eye rolling if she only knew. 

@SP128  I like your style.  I could never do a New Years cruise because I get such bad motion sickness but I can only imagine how amazing the fireworks are. 

AFM

DH is taking an advance anatomy and physiology winter course where they cram a semester's worth of crap into 11 days.  He has a midterm on Tuesday so he is being extra moody lately.  So, I am going to try and cook him a nice dinner and maybe dress the pups in some silly New Years outfits to help him enjoy the night and take his mind off studying for a couple hours.  Glad 2016 is over so that I can make some new memories in 2017.  I wish the best of luck to all you ladies in 2017!

• Options
    @justsuzie I can feel already that 2017 is going to be better to us. Lol. Like as the clock ticks closer to it and weight is lifting off my shoulder.
  • Options
    @justsuzie  DH is ambitious!!  I bet you dinner, pups, and spending time with you is what he needs to relax for the night.  Enjoy.  

Can't wait for new memories for 2017.  I think it'll be amazing.

@MimoCa  Less than 17 hours til the New Year.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    Hoping that 2017 is a much better year for all of us. 

My NYE will be low key. I think we are just going to stay at home.  I might do some work this afternoon. 

Hope we you all have a safe and fun evening. 
  • Options
    I feel the same way @mimoca!
  • Options
    @TScalei almost there!