April 2017 Moms

Why my pregnant self is crying 12/29

What has us crying going into the new year?!

Re: Why my pregnant self is crying 12/29

• Walmart didn't have the roast beef or the eos lip balm scent I wanted to replace the one my dog ate(!) and I cried about it. I just wanted roast beef. And yes, I cried when my dog bit into the egg shaped eos container and ate a chunk of the brand new balm inside and then threw it up later. 
    I also cried when DH made fun of me for opening a package of fig newtons from the end instead of the resealable pull tab because pregnancy brain won that one. 
    So much crying this week. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @momtoleo ha! I love it. So did you laugh in the middle of the Christmas message? Tidings of Joy at least. Haha. I like that that's a reaction you're having. I hope I get hysterical laughing instead of crying at some point.  :D
  • My husband got me a burger with mustard on it... yup, damn hormones 
  • There was a gas leak/explosion last week down the street from me (no one was injured). They shut off our utilities with no ETA for a turn-on time, and DH was working late, so I had to pack us up, drag myself, DS, and our dog to my mom's house. 4 hours later, as I was trying to get DS to sleep, I received a text that utilities were back on. I cried because I had to pack us all back up, and go back home. 
  • DD fell asleep at my mom's house last night so my mom said leave her & she'd bring her home in the morning.. well DD passed up my mom's offers to take her out to eat and get a new toy to come home to see me.. she jumped in bed with me told me she loved me and snuggled with me for a good hour.. and it hit me that she's growing up so fast and one day she'll be too old and too cool to snuggle in bed with her mama..
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • DS has been MISERABLE. The 18 month sleep regression is a doozy, guys. And he's cutting his canines. And we're supposed to be moving him into his big boy room tomorrow night...oy, I'm so tired and so sad for him that he's so miserable that I periodically turn into a weepy mess.

The good thing is that when he is NOT miserable, he's so incredibly sweet and wants to be around me all the time. And then I get all weepy because I just love him so much, haha. I can't win!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @HappyAnjel I love it when my kids voluntarily snuggle with me! It really makes me feel so warm and fuzzy on the inside.  :)
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • I'm tired and feel like crap. I have to work tonight and I know I'm going to push it too far. Thus making me feel worse tomorrow. 
    Me: 37, DH: 35 :: TCC since 2/11 SA: Perfect! CD3  HSG = Blocked Right Tube
    April- Femara 2.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN   May- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN
    June- Femara 7.5mg + Trigger + IUI = BFN  August- Lap & Hysteroscopy = Blocked & Partially Blocked Tubes
    September- Femara 5mg = CX - No Response on Left = BFN  October- 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    IVF # 1: Stims 11/30 ER 12/12/12! (10R, 10M, 8F, 2T, 6 F) :: Beta #1- 176  c/p @ 4w4d
    FET #1 February 26th :: Lost 4 to Thaw, Transferred 2 = BFFN
    IVF # 2 Stims 5/10 ER 5/21 (15R, 13M, 13F, 2T, 7F- 6d3 & 1d5) :: Beta # 1- 15 c/p @ 4w
    FET #2 Cancelled, Right Tube Developed a Hydro  8/28 Hydro & Scar Tissue Removed  Cleared for FET
    FET #2.2 Scheduled for September 20th
    2 Thawed, 2 Transferred! Beta #1- 96, Beta #2 906! :: EDD June 10th
    2015- 2 failed FET. We are done
    SURPRISE! BFP 8/8/16   EDD 4/1/17

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I cried for an hour this morning because I asked DH if he was going to at least look at paint colors or anything for the nursery this weekend and he once again says no. Hormones have me feeling like I'm doing everything by myself and he's done nothing. Won't help me pick a name, has only been angry and impatient at the doctor, checking his work email instead of excited about ultrasounds, has to be reminded a thousand times when the appointments are, won't look into planning our babymoon, and has not once asked about the registry. I get that it's a guy thing and some guys are just that way but I'm so disappointed in his lack of excitement or initiative about anything to do with this baby. I had to beg him to to the hb early on and feel kicks now. I just hope he'll connect soon and start getting in gear. I'm tired of feeling like I'm taking care of all the details alone. Sigh. Lots of crying about it. I don't know what will convince him time is ticking and we're going to be parents soon. 
  • Aww, @hgrich, giving you creepy internet hugs. 
    My husband was a lot less involved the first time around and I don't know what your DH's background is but I think a lot had to do with the fact he had zero experience around babies/anyone being pregnant, was a youngest child, super rough childhood and was honestly kind of terrified of being a parent. He did amazing at labor and delivery and instantly did a complete 180 as soon as our son was born. 
    This time around he has been way more "supportive" during pregnancy and actually has tried feeling the baby on his own without me "forcing", doesn't get freaked out by it, has got the spare bedroom all painted and almost fixed up for DS to move into, just a complete complete difference this time. I am definitely looking forward to more help at infancy stage this time since he won't be as nervous haha!
    Hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mylittleirvz thank you. I can only assume that's part of it. He's not had a lot of experience with babies and we don't have any nieces or nephews yet. I'm hopeful he'll be great at delivery and things will change when she's here. I just didn't want to have to do ALL of the prep myself. Oh well. I guess seeing his pregnant wife with a broken foot trying to paint a room by herself will get him moving.  :D 
  • @HGRich when Inwas pregnant with DS, I asked DH over and over again to put the crib together. I finally got fed up and my best friend and I did it ourselves. DH was pissed! He said that was a dad's job. Oh well... This go around, he is much more proactive, either because he doesn't want to hear me nag, or knows that I WILL do it myself.  :D:D
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Saw Collateral Beauty with DH.  :'(
  • Ok, after all my crying and then talking about it on here, I came home today and DH had fixed the master bathroom so I don't have to walk as far to pee at night anymore. So now I feel bad for being upset. I mean it's not the nursery but it's something. So then I cried about that too. 
  • The belly button pain is unreal. It's had me in tears a couple times today. 
  • My husband brought home portabella mushrooms instead of white button mushrooms. He felt awful about it too. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • DH and I watched a pretty emotionally intense movie last night, Defiance, and it made me all weepy. Ever since I had DS, I cannot handle anything depicting, suggesting, or that even makes me think abstractly about a child being in harm's way. I occasionally get sad and emotional thinking about how I wouldn't be able to properly protect or care for my children from an emergency, hostility, disaster, or other (unlikely) catastrophic scenario. So yeah, sort of a heavy reason to cry, but I also cry over ridiculous things like not being able to buy the toy I wanted DS to have or the fact that even my maternity clothes fit poorly this time.
  • @wagnerw I'm sorry. To play devil's advocate, the hours after birth can be a lot so maybe it will work out for him to come a bit later when you're settled at home. They stay itty bitty for a while. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • @wagnerw Honestly, you might prefer it that way! We only had family come and visit at the hospital (so no random friends or anyone dropping in), and that still felt pretty overwhelming. After 17 hours of labor, an emergency c-section, and being awake for over 48 hours, all I wanted to do was snuggle my baby and sleep, not attempt to be social with my parents, haha. Having people come visit once you're at home and a little settled is much more relaxing, in my opinion.
  • @cafedisco I've always had two so it's not quite the same, but it will definitely change the dynamic. They're my first babies, it's been "us" for six years now. My concern is giving them enough time with me - we already work hard to give them each one-on-one time with each of us and considering how busy our lives get, that can be difficult. But, we'll make it work I'm sure.
  • Thanks for the kind words everyone - it truly helps to know I'm not the only one worried about it. Logically, I know it will be ok and I'm a decent enough mom to make it work.  My heart just feels weepy today. 

Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • That is a perfectly normal fear. This baby was planned but the moment it sunk in DD wasn't going to be my baby, I ugly cried.  I'm not worried about 1 on 1 with the baby bc DD goes to school but may take advantage of my parents willingness to babysit to make sure we can give DD enough undivided attention too.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • edited January 2017
    @cafedisco No joke, after I left my appointment yesterday I sat in my car and straight up SOBBED because I love DS so much and I can't fathom the thought of him not being my baby anymore. Especially since they'll only be 21 months apart...I feel like I'm going to have to split my time between them and that just seems so...unfair? IDK. I am really glad to not be the only person in this boat, though.

My SIL, whose boys are 17 months apart, told me that you don't love either of them any less, but that the love in your heart just doubles. I really, really hope so.

Edited for typos.
  • My SIL, whose boys are 17 months apart, told me that you don't love wither of them any less, but that the love in your heart just doubles. I really, really hope so.

I hope this is true.  I mean, before DD, nothing anyone said could have prepared me for how much I love her so I'm just banking on the truth in this. 
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • I've asked for help with getting DS ready for school everyday this week, but haven't gotten it. I'm too big to wrestle with him, so it takes forever when I have to get him ready. I had to put gas in DH's car yesterday (we've switched for the week) after I was running late for work. He gave my car back today, and while I was running late again, had to fill my car up in the freezing cold. I've cried both days. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers