May 2017 Moms

Re: FFFC

• I'm a snob. Not in the sense that I am rude to people or act like I am better than everyone. Just more so that I value nice things and can be a bit judgy. I sometimes judge friends wedding and baby registries. It's not so much about the cost of things either, it's more if I find them tacky or not. For instance, most of my clothes are Forever 21, H&M, and Target. They're not expensive, but they're cute.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Loading the player...
  • @kayemjay2, I can totally relate. DH has the exact same winter break as me and I wish I just had 1 or 2 days with just DD. I'd like to watch whatever I want at naptime and eat whatever I want for lunch. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @kayemjay2 I am the complete opposite of you. DH was on-call twice this week so he came home well after midnight and up and gone before I got up and was/will be late the day after each time. We watch our shows together so I have to wait for him. Plus I need him around to get some stuff done like moving our giant christmas tree out and help take the lights off. It stopped taking water over a week ago and I want to get it out before it starts dropping all of its needles. 
  • @sls - I am the opposite re: baby names. I looooove discussing/judging other people's name choices. I'm currently cruising other BMBs' name threads, actually.

@SWE2 - DH and I have a ton of shows we watch together, but we also have our individual shows. I'm not interested in watching Arrow and he's not into Call the Midwife, so it works out...haha. It has been nice having him around to do household chores I can't/don't want to do though. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• sls said:
    kayemjay2 said:
    @sls - I am the opposite re: baby names. I looooove discussing/judging other people's name choices. I'm currently cruising other BMBs' name threads, actually.

I think part (all?) of it is because our names are unusual. Not Apple or Kleenex or something, but not heard often in this time and place. Plus we chose DD's for the meaning behind it, and people are like, "Ahhh. Ummm. K," when they hear it. I actually got a rude comment from someone last week--to my face, about my 2yo's name! But even before she was born, we wouldn't tell people... precisely for that reason.

I'll end the suspense. Her name is Morrigan, who was the Celtic goddess of war and death. We want her to be a little ass kicker, and, well, she kinda is already. Yaaay terrible twos.
    That's awful! Who would think that's okay? I may judge names internally, but would never insult another parents' name choice to their face. Also, your daughter's name is awesome. (Not that I would tell you if I hated it, I'd just remain silent...hahaha).
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @kayemjay2 Cross stitching, yes! 
  • kayemjay2 said:
    @kayemjay2 Cross stitching, yes! 
    I am obsessed! I made these for my son while I was pregnant last time, and just found patterns for the rest of the song! That's my next project. Also still working on a cute one with my son's name and birthday....though he's almost 14 months old...haha

These are awesome. I'm working on a Christmas stocking for DD. I finally finished DH's last spring... after 3 years. Because of the garbage fire that 2016 has been, I haven't had the energy to work on DD's stocking much. And now I have two more on the way?? Eek.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • @starphish18 - Those are adorable! How do you make cross stitch designs? 
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @kayemjay2 I bought a program called PCStitch 10. It took a bit of messing around with to understand all the features, but you create your own designs and can include an "info" page, which I use as instructions when I sell the pattern. The program is pretty neat, though. You can start from scratch or use a picture as a backdrop.
  • @KMD1106 I had sex dreams all night last night! Everytime I woke up last night I would go back to sleep and start a new one. I blame the "never have I ever" thread
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • I really miss wine.... And by wine I mean arbor mist peach moscado... I only drink the good stuff lol I'm not really a big drinker but I like things that taste like kool aide and gives you a buzz.
  • FFFC: I had a jack and steak taquito, buffalo chicken roll up, and a hot dog from 7/11 for breakfast...my onot regret is that I didn't get a second taquito
  • I don't even feel like it's truly a confession, because I don't feel guilty, but I had several sips of MH's beer at dinner on Wednesday and tonight. So delicious. I have been CRAVING a beer lately and I think it took the edge off.
  • I keep having sexy dreams about my male coworkers
  • RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited December 2016
    @starphish18 I love cross stitch! I have PC Stitch as well, love it!! I've been working on this pattern forever. When it's finished, I have a white on black coffee themed pattern I recharted into browns and metallics for DH that I want to make. @kayemjay2I LOVE your song lyric patterns!!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • @RedInLove Hooray for fellow cross stitchers! 
  • Feeling so much guilt about mine: our whole family has been taken down by the plague (flu) and it's been so bad. Endless cough and congestion and on top of it all, DD and I both have eye infections. My confession is in a moment of desperation I took Robitussin DM, and didn't even think about impacts on pregnancy until the following day when I spent way too much time Doctor Googling its impacts. I won't make that mistake again! 
  • edited December 2016
    Feeling so much guilt about mine: our whole family has been taken down by the plague (flu) and it's been so bad. Endless cough and congestion and on top of it all, DD and I both have eye infections. My confession is in a moment of desperation I took Robitussin DM, and didn't even think about impacts on pregnancy until the following day when I spent way too much time Doctor Googling its impacts. I won't make that mistake again! 
    I think Robitussin DM is on the safe list. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot I sure hope you're right because my dr seemed to think it wasn't 
  • @chailife34, take this with a grain of salt because it's from Pinterest, but it says it's ok.

May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• @chailife34  it's on my OB's official ok list! 
  • I had a pharmacist tell me that I shouldn't take the behind-the-counter methy  Sudafed. My OB says it's fine. I wish there was some consistency in these things.  

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Thanks @kmd1106 and @squirtgun both Robitussin and Mucinex are on her "not safe" list but I'm thrilled it's not detrimental. @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot - no kidding - too much inconsistency!

feeling much better now, thanks ladies. Glad I confessed
  • @chailife34 I have had a cold for a few weeks and asked my foc what I to take, she said okay to all of those as well as long as they don't have phenyl-ephrine (which is the good stuff that dries everything up)
                     imageimage
    Anniversary