Me: 30  DH:30
Together 2003, Married 2011
DD: July 2005
BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

Re: FFFC 12/30

• edited December 2016
    I've been waiting for the proper thread to complain about this.  I don't mean to offend anyone - these are my personal feelings only and just apply to my situation in life.  Possible TW ahead.

I'm getting very tired of people saying "just adopt" - "there are so many kids who need a home" to people and to me - struggling to conceive a baby.  I've been reading it on other forums and it just gets to me.  I've actually looked into adoption and as much as my heart aches for kids who need a home, it wouldn't work for us right now.  *end possible TW

ETA:  Thanks for reading my rant/non-positiveness above.  I hope no one gets offended at what I said.
    Me: 35, DH: 35
    Married: 2012
    TTC Since September 2016
  • @midsomervillage I am right there with you! As much as I would love to adopt and help kids who need a home, #1 it's expensive and #2 I still selfishly want a biological child of my own. I am here for my step son and am more of a mother than his own even though we only get him every other weekend but it's not the same, I know I'm not his mother and I want that special bond if that's what you wanna call it. 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2016
    @kaitlink33
    Yes exactly, I would like that special bond.  I figure I wasn't alone in my feelings but it's good to hear from others!

@eggplantface
    I looked into adoption for the same reason because of some physical stuff.  Anyway I got over the physical stuff.  I recently looked into it again since TTC is taking a while, to see if my feelings had changed and no, I feel the same.  (ETA:  Who knows, we may change our mind, but not now.)  I agree - the dismissiveness really gets to me.
    TTC Since September 2016
  • kaitlink33kaitlink33 member
    edited December 2016
    @swimsister none of us are trying to dismiss that there is a bond of some sort between an adopted child and mother but it is different biologically and we all know that. **TW** I have had two failed adoptions of babies and there is no doubt I had a bond with them the moment I met them and held them and everything that went along with it and the bond would have continued to grow. However, there is a difference when this is something you have been wanting and working for for so long to finally get those lines and feel the baby grow and do everything yourself. Sorry, if this comes off as rude and snotty but quite frankly I'm not ok with someone saying I'm dismissing that bond as well just because I referred to the one between a mother and biological child as special.
    NTNP since 2012
  • I am sorry if any terminology used was offensive or came off wrong.  That's why I was hesitant to bring up this topic in the first place.  I'm sorry I even brought it up now - I knew I would say the wrong thing.

@kaitlink33
    I am so sorry to hear you had two failed adoptions of babies.  That must have been so hard.
    TTC Since September 2016
  • @midsomervillage don't be sorry, you're not the one who used that term I did and I'm not sorry about it at all. And both times were hard, I still mourn their birthdays as if it was the day they died but I'm trying to move on with my ttc journey and have a baby of my own. 
    NTNP since 2012
  • @kiwi2628 hahahaha I totally think like that too! No shame. FX so hard for you!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• @kaitlink33
    Thanks for the kind words.  I hope the new year brings you good news.
    TTC Since September 2016
  • @soemthingclever - I second the smoking! I have asthma so I am completely unable to breath once I smell smoke. It makes me so mad!
  • @RunsUponATime Don't forget the "special bond" you have with your adopted SISTER!  ;) ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
  • jess0211jess0211 member
    edited December 2016
    @Somethingclever  yes! Ugh! Hate smokers! My Mom is a smoker and doesn't get how hard it is on me when we visit. My eyes itch, I can't breathe...it's awful. I am not sure how to break it to her if we are ever lucky enough to get ktfu we won't be staying with her when we visit. My clothing still smells bad of smoke from the holiday visit. Where I work I constantly see pregnant ladies standing outside the women's clinic smoking...ugh.

Edited because  spelling matters

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 It's the worst when the smell gets into your clothes. I visit clients in their home, and I HATE going to smoking homes. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • SN used to be soemthingclever
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @dilynne: yes, I realize there are healthy people who do not look healthy, which is why I said it's horribly judgmental and wrong. Sorry. Like I said, I am being irrationally bitter. Didn't mean to offend.

ETA: I am not judging because of weight. I am bitter because it seems like for some people they are fertile despite not taking healthy steps to get pregnant. So I am talking about actual unhealthy people. 
  • I'm overweight, but it REALLY upsets me when sloppy fat people have kids, then their little kids are also crazy fat with health problems. What a waste. I feel like it's neglectful. 
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @bluejeanbabi05 ha-ha I am by no means a super healthy person. I had my binge day today of lots of coca cola, haribos gummy bears and chocolate. 
  • @bluejeanbabi05
    That's great you have improved your body image! 
    Yes on 87! 
  • edited December 2016
    @RunsUponATime
    Thank you for sharing your story.  I'm so glad nothing was said that was hurtfu@sommerrayne

@soemthingclever
    Thank you for telling me about your friend.  ETA:  I fixed the tag - I didn't realize until now that I tagged the wrong person.

I felt really awful last night, but I learned more about how or how not to say things in a TTC and/or adoption/foster path.
    TTC Since September 2016
  • I hope things continue to go well for you, @bluejeanbabi05
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17