April 2017 Moms

Babymoon

hi everyone! Is anyone planning on going on a babymoon? Post your ideas! I We live in South jersey and are looking to go away for 5 days but are leaving our 1 1/2 year old for the first time . This is a much needed small getaway before the next baby comes . We are possibly going to do a really nice hotel in Philly or maybe something a little further . Looking for about 3 hours away .

Re: Babymoon

• I think DH and I really need it. I'm trying to talk him into a few nights in a city a few hours away we've never been to. Since it'll be freezing cold, I'm thinking art museums, couples/prenatal massage, and maybe a concert/musical or something else indoor if I can find it. Though the museum walking may not happen depending on when I can start putting weight on my broken foot. So it's kinda up in the air whether we'll do it or not. But it's one simple idea. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2016
    I think a couples getaway before baby is a really nice idea. My husband refuses to refer to anything as a baby moon haha, but we did take two nights and three days away this holiday season and took the train in to London for some quality time together. He even surprised me with tickets to the Lion King which I have been dying to see while we live over here. I think 3 hours away just the two of you will feel like a great getaway! I will say we did 10 miles of walking a day for three days straight and my feet were killing me so try to convince your DH to splurge on a few cabs
  • @thecavfamily that's awesome. I'm trying to do the same thing to DH lol. His counter argument is that we can't spend the money because baby is coming. Both are logical. Haha. I was thinking Omaha, actually, since Chicago is a little farther than I'd like, but St. Louis is where we honeymooned when we were young and poor so it would be fun to go back and re-do that. (We actually saw the Lion King musical on that honeymoon, @BabyBlake.04.2017.) 
    He may be ok with that one since we know the city better, but Omaha is new territory and I hear good things about it. Enjoy Glacier! I've been there once and it was probably the most beautiful place I've ever been to. 
  • @Nolegirl1185 a cruise as a babymoon sounds perfect! It's my favorite type of vacation  <3

We live near Orlando so we are planning a long weekend at one of the Disney resorts in January. DD will be joining us but we are going to enjoy the pool (weather permitting), some time in the parks, and really enjoy the hotel. Usually our visits to WDW are for a few hours to take in some rides so relaxing in the hotels there is such a treat! We did the same for a babymoon before DD and we still talk about how wonderful it was. 
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We live near Austin, TX so we plan to drive an hr away to San Antonio and enjoy the riverwalk in March.  It'll be cutting it close, but this momma needs a day before her 2nd arrives!  ;)
  • edited December 2016
    @thecavfamily ya, we are stationed in the English countryside. We've been over here about 2 years. It's been a great experience, but it's hard to be so far from home and family with a little one on the way! Hopefully we'll get to be closer to home soon! 

@HGRich how fun that you guys saw the Lion King on your actual honeymoon. I thought it was awesome! That could be really romantic to go back and relive some of your honeymoon moments in the same city now that you have a baby on the way! 
  • @mallyandryan How fun! It's a holiday week so it's going to be busy. If possible, be there when the park opens and pack some snacks. If you haven't already, schedule some fastpasses on the My Disney Experience app and prepare yourself for crowds. Drink water (any quick service location will give you a cup for free) and take lots of breaks. There are lots of great spots to sit and people watch which your 2.5 year old may love too!
    DD March 2015
    Baby #2 due April 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For those of you traveling to Disney/Magic Kingdom with little ones....you are some brave souls!!!
  • @HGRich We save a lot and could obviously save even more,  but I think I'll have more guilt related to personal spending once our LO arrives.  Also, as our families are out of state (Oregon & Pennsylvania), I think it's very likely that we'll be pressured into flying home for the majority of our future vacations. 

We're lucky to live fairly close to Glacier NP. I think this will be our sixth trip! Going to the Sun Road has been closed for months because of the yearly snow fall, but it's a special place anytime of the year. 
  • We had a ski trip to Colorado planned before I got KU with DS, so that was our "babymoon," only we brought DH's best friend along to use my ski passes and I just hung out at the lodge. :lol: Since we live in a pretty expensive area, we ultimately decided that we'd skip babymoons and push presents and some of that other stuff to save up for my unpaid maternity leave and daycare.

Tonight, we're going out sans DS or ANYONE for the first time in I don't even know how long for dinner and a movie, so we keep jokingly referring to this as our babymoon, haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are heading to the Islamorada FL this week for 4 nights (3 nights in the keys and 1 in Miami)!  It is the first time we have done a "babymoon" while pregnant.  We are planning to basically relax and take full advantage of the Spa.  It will probably be the last time for a very long time that we can get away without the kids.  The more kids we have, the less inclined the grandparents are to volunteer to babysit:)