Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
Visit The Nest 
Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010

Re: Overdue Check In 12/26

• How far past due are you?
    5 days

How are you feeling?
    Today I'm exhausted, which is funny because I've had a great amount of energy the last few days! I'm having back pain and contractions off and on and last my mucus plug from Thursday to yesterday. 

Any induction plans?
    Wednesday if he doesn't arrive before then.

When is your next appointment?
    See above.

Miscellaneous rants/raves/questions?
    MIL made a comment each day she was here, 2 total, and then 1 today about him not being a Christmas baby. The first two were well we just need you to wait, and the second today was well thank goodness he won't have a Christmas birthday. I honestly didn't care if he did or not. Dh's falls on Thanksgiving some years and mine is on St. Patrick's day so to me it wouldn't have been a big deal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Not yet... tomorrow is my DD... but I have NO doubt I will be. ZERO activity contraction wise in 3-4 days!!!  :o  I am sure it's going to be awhile... or at least not today. Maybe after my appointment tomorrow (exam) things might decided to start up?!

How are you feeling?
    So-so. In good spirits. Patient. Feeling ok despite wanting to do this thing. 

Any induction plans?
    Need to talk to my MW, but my plan is to make an acupuncture induction appointment for after my 41 week MW appointment (I'll have her strip things) then do the acu... if that doesn't work ill
    consider an herbal and castor oil treatment just a few days before 42 weeks... but help me if it comes to that! 

Tomorrow. Shes coming to my house again! I love having my MW be my neighbor... I'm on her way to town, so it's a logical and very helpful thing! Yay for not having to leave my nest. 

Miscellaneous 
    I could stand to get one good sleep before the baby comes... I've already gotten my house semi back in order after Christmas... which makes me feel better. I keep ttrying to visualize this amazing labor where the baby just comes easily... it's my hope it's just sometime this week. I'm a tad sad the baby didn't come by midnight last night... that would have been special. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Loading the player...
  • @ErikandAfton I hope you go soon! It sounds like you're having some promising labor prep!!! Maybe some squats or doing the "miles circuit" might ramp things up? 

• @ErikandAfton I hope you go soon! It sounds like you're having some promising labor prep!!! Maybe some squats or doing the "miles circuit" might ramp things up? 
    @maamawaabangi I just looked up the miles circuit. I'll try that! We've been walking 1 to 2 miles every day for the last week and I for sure have contractions during but then they stop. Maybe this will help. Thanks!
    3 days today

How are you feeling?
    Meh. I try not to think about things that I have 0 control over, but this is a complete mind game at this point. I'm also mildly concerned about my BP. It's definitely within the normal range, but it's just a tad higher than what I've had this entire pregnancy with no other pre-e symptoms (usually 100 or 110/60 - last week at 2 different appointments and at the pharmacy it was 120/80 - not high, but higher for me). I'm only particularly concerned because my mom had pre-e and I don't want to find myself in a situation where we need to make some emergency decisions. I'm calling the midwife this morning to ask her opinion.

Any induction plans?
    I'm going to also request today that we have a membrane sweep planned for our next scheduled appointment.

Friday!

I'm glad I am at home this week - working at a college we have the week off - because I don't think I could handle the well-meaning comments and questions. At DH's work, he's even started to get annoyed in the last week with all the questions, which makes me laugh.

Good luck, ladies!!

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • I'm officially overdue today. I was realllllly sad not to have our baby yesterday... it was my husband's grandmas bday and I wanted to have it then. Then last night I had a crappy night... I felt like my whole abdomin was full of gas or just so tight I could barely breath... it was painful and scary feeling. I have NO clue why. 
    Im over this. 
    I know that I has to come out... 
    Trying to focus on positive thoughts, but it's hard. 
    I might go to get acu done on Friday. 

• I also think this thread should welcome all the "anyone's who's left" people... right? 

• @maamawaabangi I second this. And I'm sorry you are officially in the overdue club. I still have 2 days but at this point I'm not hopeful that she'll be here before d-day. I saw your comment on hard stomach/gas pains. I've been having them too for 3 days. I was able to get some relief by using my medicine ball and a variety of yoga poses. There's just no more room in here for extra stuff like gas!

Pregnancy Ticker 

• My poor friend is 10 days over due and miserable. I just sent her this and figured I would post it for you all too... Way to go making lil geniuses!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • My poor friend is 10 days over due and miserable. I just sent her this and figured I would post it for you all too... Way to go making lil geniuses!!
    My friend and I were talking about this the other day. Her daughter was born at 42 weeks, a lot of her friends had babies at the same time but all before their due dates or right at their due dates. C has always been ahead, she walked first, ect. And L said she's been a lot healthier than the babies who weren't late. I find it really interesting. 
  • Thanks! That's interesting.
    My latest was for sure my most "advanced" kid (in babyhood and toddlerhood) she was saying full sentences before her 1st bday... except she has mild dyslexia (which runs in our family we suspect) ... but even with that she's considered "doubly gifted". 

• @maamawaabangi @ajstevenson The noises my stomach was making last night was unheard of. DH could hear me gurgling from across the room. I started with the raspberry leaf tea today. 

Big Nor'easter coming...I've heard the drop in air pressure from big storms can bring on babies ;-) Baby would decide to come on a day where we are expected to get 6 inches+ of snow....

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • @littlebirdie28 were supposed to get rain, turning into ice turning into snow tonight. Is it bad that I'm actually hoping that will trigger labor?

Pregnancy Ticker 

4 days 

How are you feeling?
    Pretty much the same the past few weeks, which is pretty good.

Any induction plans?
    We will induce at 41+6 if needed, currently 40+4.

NST on Monday

I have to say I was pretty surprised to hear the chance of going into labor on my own past 40+4 was rare, down to 1% past 41 weeks.  What the heck did people do in the past?  Any of you guys familiar with this?  My doula plus my Aunt who is an RN were both surprised.
  • I went into labor on my own at 41+6 and 41+2 ... I wonder if those stats are fixed due to increased induction rates? 

Ive also had one at 40+4 and 40 on the dot. 

Like i I said above I'm going to try acupuncture on Friday ... I'll be 40+3 

• @lexibizzel I think that's a misunderstanding of the stats. The actual stats on it are not well tracked but the chances of going into labor on any given day are fairly low. The most common (average) day for women to go into labor naturally is 40+4 I believe. After that, one way to measure it is... how likely is it that I will have gone into labor by X weeks. So for by 41 weeks, you have over an 80% chance of having gone into labor. That only increases each day. Again though, this stuff isn't that well tracked and inductions etc can be hard to separate out depending on method. Inductions bias the data toward earlier likelihood of labor.
    There are a few different analyses of it and they are based off of different data sets. I like this one cos it uses CDC data
    https://expectingscience.com/2014/09/29/your-due-date-is-wrong-so-when-is-labor-really-most-likely/

Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • @littlebirdie28 I know what you're feeling and it's so hard...I threw at least one pity party every day I was overdue. But it *will* end and you'll forget a good part of this difficult time once your LO is here. 
  • I remind myself of that fact ^^^ a lot too... there is a deadline even if it's not what I desire it to be... 
    One way or another baby will come out! And by 42 weeks I'd probably not care what manner it comes either. 

• I had my Dr repeat himself on the stats (little chance after 40+4, 1% after 41 weeks) since I found it so surprising. Anecdotal, I know, but my sister had her son at 40+5 and my aunt at 41+3.  Perhaps inductions do play a role in the math?  Thanks for the link @slartybartfast
     In any case, going to give my body as much of a chance I can be comfortable with (induction at 41+6).

• Go @littlebirdie28!!!
    One of us ought to have a baby this weekend!!!  :D

I slept the WHOLE night. I only went pee a few times and once my dog woke me up trying to pull blankets off of us!  :# But feeling energized. I'll update how the acupuncture goes... hopeful! 

• Haha @PensiveCrayon welcome to the club. I've forgotten what it's like to put on socks without grunting. At times I feel like this is my life now.

I'm very curious to hear about the acupuncture induction @maamawaabangi. I can't remember, but someone before went to the chiropractor and that also worked.

@ajstevenson I hope those cramps become productive sooner rather than later :-)

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • How far past due are you? 2 days

How are you feeling? 
    i just knew I would find myself part of the overdue club. Even though everyone was SO sure I would go early. 

Feeling heavy. Walking kills my back but I know I need to if I want this lil guy on his way. Still hopeful for a 2016 baby.

Any induction plans? Had a membrane sweep yesterday. Made me crampy and a few contrax here and there. No other plans until my next appt. 

When is your next appointment? shockingly not until next Wednesday. I had NST on Thursday. She had me schedule the next one a full week out. 

Miscellaneous rants/raves/questions? a well meaning sort of friend asked on Facebook "are u dilated? Have u lost ur mucus plug?" Umm the 15 other ppl who commented on this photo do not want to know about my mucus. And while I don't mind terribly the "how are you? Any news?" Texts and calls daily - I also don't know how to properly respond. I'm fine, no news hasn't been working. 

• @PensiveCrayon I should have just said ditto to your post! My mother arrives tomorrow and I know it's going to add pressure (not the kind I actually want!) I hope we both have kids before Wed.
  • @maamawaabangi This is going to sound super strange/TMI, but I've been having the same sort of feeling in my cervix...almost like I'm aroused. I was wondering if that was a sign that it's opening. One can hope, right? :smiley: Also, I just experienced some period-like cramping accompanying a BH. Just now. Woo. I'm sure it will lead to nothing, but at least it feels like something is happening!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon yeah, while it's weird, I think it's all connected and is likely a sign of things softening and getting "ripe". It just shocked me how quickly the acu did something it was almost instant. I tend to be slightly skeptical about its effectiveness but have had several fiends it worked for so I thought "why not?"... still not in labor, but maybe it's prepping things? 

• @ajstevenson Woohoo!!! Go have that baby. You've got this mama!
  • @ajstevenson OH my goodness! I'm so happy for you and so insanely envious! GO GET IT!