October 2016 Moms
Options

Rough day

WatsonkdWatsonkd member
edited December 2016 in October 2016 Moms
I'm struggling a lot today and not for any identifiable reason. I think I'm just tired but I'm in a terrible mood and will cry over just about anything. My husband is pretty worthless and I feel like I'm doing this completely on my own. I think if I could just get some sleep I'd feel better, but I have a 3 year old and my LO is 10 weeks so it's hard to get any time to myself. I know I just need to hang in there, but felt like venting might help :/ I'm usually a pretty happy person, so this just feels really wrong. 

Re: Rough day

• Options
    Hugs. I had a breakdown in the peds office after a two week stretch of zero sleep. Although I felt like a complete and total mess, it felt so good to just let it out. If hubby doesn't understand or isn't willing to help, do you have any close friends, family, or even neighbors that can help you out for maybe a few hours?! Sleeplessness is no joke and it really takes its toll ...and as much as everyone will tell you it'll be ok, you still have to sleep. I don't like to ask for help, so for me it was so embarrassing to call my dad and ask for help, but honestly he was so glad that I called and came over and helped with the boys. My H works nights so he's basically no help through the week and so I don't think he ever thought I was struggling. It took me coming home from that appointment with LO where I cried for hours straight out of exhaustion that he finally realized I'd hit my breaking point. Maybe you can have an honest/blunt conversation with H and see if he can step it up more with the kids and give you some time to rest and relax. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the response. I think you're probably right, my sister has offered to help, but I hate taking help and she's done so much for me.already I feel bad taking her up on it. But I probably need to get over that and take her up on it. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No worries!!! As my pediatrician told me, it's so hard to be a mom these days and feel good about yourself. Everywhere we look we see these women/moms portraying these picture perfect lives... Their kids sleep through the night and don't have tantrums, homes are spotless, they have perfectly manicured nails and hair, and they are likely wearing clean clothes.... But for most of us out here, that is just not reality... And definitely not mine. It's ok to ask for help, you're not weak, but you are one very tired woman. A woman who might need a few extra hands from time to time... And you know what, that's ok. You are never going to regret getting that help so you can make sure you can love and care for your babies the way you need to.