Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Thursday

2»

Re: TWW Thursday

• Month/Cycle: 8/8

CD/DPO: 27/9

Timing: -3, -1, 0, +1

Testing: BFN again

R/R: Well I guess i'm out. AF is due tomorrow. FX for everyone else. 

Q/CS:

GTKY: Do you and your significant other have a song? We did our first dance to Frank Sinatra's The Way You Look Tonight
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for the temp drop @MrsM00re87 and BFN @Dinosaur :(
  • kaitlink33kaitlink33 member
    edited December 2016
    Month/Cycle: 2/2 after break

CD/DPO: 15/?

Timing: idk O day exactly or if i O'd but overall timing was excellent this month no matter what

Testing: probably the day before my new RE appt on the 6th so probably the 5th since I will be heading to my appointment straight from work.

R/R: rant: I have had this weird twitch in my left hand under my thumb for several days now and today it started in my lower right abdomen and has been going at it for about 8 hours and it's worse when I sit down. Not sure if I'm missing a key nutrient in my diet that would cause twitches/spasms but it's annoying and can go away away any time nowithout.
    Rave: I just got the call that I've been away NY warded he day time position I bid on so now I get to feel like a normal person and see H more. Bonus: I can temp like a normal person and actually be able to see what's going on with my crazy body.

Q/CS:

GTKY: Do you and your significant other have a song?  Die a happy man by Thomas Rhett 

ETA: I'm not even sure I go here, but I'm going to pretend since I'm pretty sure I either didn't O and won't or if I did it was early since I had a 12mm follie on cd2. I know my cycle will be all wonky due to that. 
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • @cheframsay I think it's jam :)

• @adirat Yay for having the appointment! It can feel overwhelming, but it's good to have a plan! At my first appointment we went over my history briefly, then he said to contact them on CD1 to schedule all the tests. That day happened to be CD1 so I was able to make all the appointments I needed while I was there, so bear that in mind too.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @adirat Hooray for your appointment! And that gif probably made me laugh harder than it should have.
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @soemthingclever yay for O! 

@adirat: FX that this cycle works out and September ends up being a great, but inconvenient month

@linzrunz sorry your H is sick. Does he handle it well? My DH acts like the world is ending when he is sick. It's real pleasant. 

@LuND sorry for the BFN
  • @adirat

You got this! I was not prepared for the u/s and all the other tests. They also offered my H a SA there's that day or that he could go home and do it. He was freaked and did it at home. They also did genetic (spit) testing because I hadn't eaten within the hour. It's good to ask in advance and not to have to pay the extra copay ;)
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    Well, I broke down and decided to pick up one dollar store Assured test. I took it on a 2 hour hold (longest I could hold it) and it was a stark white BFN. So my gut tells me AF will be arriving tomorrow and I am out this cycle. I knew I shouldn't have tested :(

Given I had a major temp drop yesterday (below cover line), I have the crazy sleep issues only during LP and AF hasn't arrived today, I am definitely considering asking for my progesterone to be tested. Just debating if I should give myself one more cycle to see what happens.
  • @dragonfly87 I'm so sorry for BFN.
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • Hugs to all the ladies with BFNs today!

@wabash15 sorry about your toe!!!

@Brooklyngirl6  FX for a longer LP!

@adirat yay for making appt! Having a plan always makes me feel like I have some control... keep us posted!!! Also, that gif is creepy but perfect.

@MrsM00re87 hugs! Sorry you're having a rough day.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dragonfly87 Not sure how many cycles you've been through, but it can't hurt.  When they did mine, they tested P4 and estradiol throughout my cycle, so one or twice pre-O,  then right around O, and every other day thereafter to see a whole horemone curve.  It was really cool!  Not sure if the typical RE does that, or how an OB/GYN would approach it, (they may just do one-time CD21 or O+7 testing).
    <div class=" Spoiler">
    I would also see if they can get an SA ordered for YH, bc it's very easy to check if all that's normal (ish) on his side, okay great!  Let's focus on YOU now.  Personally, we spent an awful lot of time, money, energy giving me quite a thorough hormonal workup, when one quick, relatively inexpensive test for HIM would have moved us along to where we are now, a heck of a lot sooner.</div>
    And hey, if he's gtg then it's ruled out and you can do what you gotta do with a little more peace of mind. ;)  my .02
  • @BusinessWife: thanks for the input. We will be starting cycle 4, so haven't been trying for very long. 2nd cycle we had the CP. I think I will start with asking if my progesterone can be checked or what work ups I can have done. I will talk with DH, but he never goes to the Doc and may be reluctant to have an SA done at this time. Not sure.
  • @dragonfly87  Yeah, honestly right now is still kinda too early to worry much. :) I know your CP must have been heartbreaking, though.  I'm sorry you and YH went through all that.

Starting over each new cycle definitely sucks, but give it time.  Unfortunately certain things don't really become a medical "issue" or "concern" until it happens more than once.  So I would try to be patient.  If you have another cp or another early loss in a short period of time, not sure if some doctors will test after 2, or if strictly speaking they don't see it as rpl until at least 3.  :/  I know ladies fron this board who HAVE dealt with rpl though, and some who have moved into their bmbs!  But right now, I don't think there's much reason to fret.  Hang in there. :) 
  • @BusinessWife yeah trying to be patient. I mostly want progesterone checked since I have the low temps below cover line before AF and the sleep issues. I have read quite a few things saying they are strong indicators for low progesterone. I have also read quite a few women have progesterone issues after Mirena...which isn't helping with anxiety. 
  • @dragonfly87. Ah, yeah I would think closer to 6 months you might be able to get a doctor to do some testing.  3-4 months... maybe not so much. :/  ((hugs))
  • @LadyMillil What type of bleeding do you have?  Is it breakthrough?  I have been battling excessive bleeding while HIO and occasional other random bleeding for the past 5 months or so.  I went to my regular OB, he did an U/S and found a cyst.  I had a follow up and the cyst was gone.  He said everything else was normal and not to worry about it.  I made an appointment in January with a new OB and I will be asking for an HSG and possibly a referral to an RE. Is there anything else you would recommend that I ask for/about?  ***TW*** I also had a previous ectopic **End TW**
    @spiderlover25 it is not breakthrough bleeding. Starting at O I have constant light bleeding - too heavy for a pantyliner to be sufficient but not heavy enough to fill a pad/tampon - until AF arrives. There are so many things that can cause bleeding so I'll tell you everything I've done and hopefully it's helpful.
    Note when the bleeding occurs, both in your cycle and if it happens after sex or bowel movements, how heavy it is, colour/consistency, constant or only when you wipe.
    I had my cervix checked, a pap and an STI panel
    Abdominal and vaginal ultrasound
    Blood tests to check thyroid, DHEA, testosterone, prolactin, FH, LH, estrogen, pre-O progesterone and 7 dpo progesterone
    I would save the HSG for last (if possible) because it can be painful, expensive if it's not covered, and difficult to schedule. If you move on to an RE or need fertility treatments you'll need to get it done regardless, but if it turns out you have something like a thyroid problem which can be an easy fix, it may not be necessary.