May 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 12/29

I didn't see one for this week yet. Hopefully I'm not blind.

How far along

How big is baby

Any appointments this week

Symptoms

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 12/29

• How far along? 22w
    How big is baby? eggplant
    Any appointments this week? nothing until the 10th
    Symptoms? horrible sleep. I've been waking up with a sore back.
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017? my goal is to walk/run 12 miles per week.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• march2008march2008 member
    edited December 2016
    How far along? 21 weeks

How big is baby? Pomegranate

Any appointments this week? I have my next one on Tuesday next week for a regular check-up

Symptoms? I've been feeling a lot more movement over the past week! Have had bouts of random wake ups during the night where I can't go back to sleep for an hour or two.  :s I don't really want to practice waking up in the middle of the night this early. Lol!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Our master bedroom and bathroom renovation (that DH is doing all on his own after work and on days off!) is making good progress. I ordered a new duvet that should be delivered today and we'll choose paint for walls based on the duvet. Then he'll be laying the tile floor and shower tiles after that. I can't wait til this project is over b/c we can't start working on the baby's room (we're using it!) until our bedroom is complete.

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017? I don't usually make resolutions. I have some goals for the year, but no big changes in mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Im glad youstarted this, I completely forgot to!

How far along? 20 weeks!!!!

How big is baby? Banana

Any appointments this week? Not for 3-4 weeks 

Symptoms? Sciatic pain. I didnt have this before. Overall its been okay so far but it seems to flare up if I sit on the floor. Pillows are a must especially when playing with DD, otherwise.. ow.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah, just happy to be at the halfway mark! Or less if LO comes a little early like DD. She came at 38+6.

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017? I don't normally make resolutions, so none =)

• How far along? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Mango (much cuter than artichoke) 

Any appointments this week? Anatomy scan next week 

Symptoms? Occasional light-headedness and heart palpitations have started. Lots of baby movement on a daily basis now! 

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017? I don't make set resolutions, but one thing that comes to mind is I'd like to be more active. I haven't been as active at work, because I had to change what I do a bit since getting pregnant. I've been meaning to walk more to make up for it, but it hasn't been happening. 
  • How far along?
    21 weeks, halfway!

How big is baby?
    endive...ew I hate those

Any appointments this week?
    No, and I can't find my next one on my calendar, but I'm not due for one for a couple of weeks. I'll need to call to figure out when I set it up for, though.

Symptoms
    In addition to SPD, heartburn! It is already kind of bad! I had a moment a few days ago of, "wow, this entire pregnancy is going to kind of suck and it will be very long." I just feel like first trimester stuff (morning sickness) lasted longer than usual, and the third trimester stuff (SPD and heartburn) is starting up earlier/stronger than it's supposed to. I was also sick for almost the whole month of November, and recently got sick again. But the good news is that this time the illness only lasted a little longer than a week. So now I already don't feel as down as I did when I had that moment.

Rants/Raves/Questions

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yestersay was a busy day for me so I didn't have time to post this.

How far along

19 weeks

How big is baby
    Size of a mango

Any appointments this week
    I had the anatomy scan on Tuesday and everything looks good! It was really cool to see the anatomy and all the little fingers and toes :)

Symptoms
    I'm feeling a lot more movement now, especially in the evening. When I hold my dog in my lap, the slight pressure on my lower abdomen makes baby's movements more detectable. I'm also have really bad restless/jumpy legs at night. I used to gets them periodically before I was pregnant, but it's gotten worse now. Ugh.

Rants/Raves/Questions
    I have to work on New Year's Eve night starting at 4:00pm and I probably won't get done until after 1:00am. Ugh. I haven't had a fun or relaxing New Year's Eve in 6 years. Hopefully next year will be better with a little baby to snuggle.

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017
    I don't make resolutions, but my goal for this year is to be more healthy and be as prepared as I can be for the arrival of my baby.
  • I am 22 weeks! Baby is the size of a coconut. My appt is this Tuesday, Jan. 3! My mom and sister will get to come to this appt. I am feeling a lot more movement now, which settles my PGAL fears! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I have a difficult decision to make regarding staying at my current school vs. moving on to another. I love my school, but I make peanuts. My husband & I have made lots of budget cuts, but we'll also have baby's expenses next year and my hubby doesn't want to pay for my master's degree if I stay at this private school where it really isn't valued. But it's difficult to leave...he's not the one who's made relationships/investments here.
    On a related note, I can't find my file of resumes, letters of recommendation, transcripts, and certifications. So I can't apply for anything new If I don't find that. 

Resolutions: I don't usually keep 'em, but I'm gonna go with getting back on weight watchers after baby arrives and hitting some goals there. I feel that's attainable. I was going really strong when I got pregnant & had to leave WW.
  • How far along? 19 weeks

How big is baby? A mango

Any appointments this week? I have my anatomy scan today - I am excited and nervous. I feel like once this is done (and all is okay) I can fully relax.

Symptoms? Back pain if I am standing for too long. I also haven't been sleeping well - waking up in the middle of the night, trouble falling back asleep, etc.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I have been feeling lots of kicks in the last week or so, which is fun. My dog has been attached to my hip - I wonder if she knows what's going on?

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017? I would like to do more hiking...I used to be an avid hiker until I found out I was pregnant. I felt pretty sick for the first three months, and I haven't gotten back into the swing of things. I hope to do so soon.
  • How far along? 20w 1d

How big is baby? A banana!

Any appointments this week? Had one Wed, and our anatomy scan yesterday. Was so happy to hear that everything looks good! It was amazing seeing how much she has grown and getting to look at all the organs and bones.

Symptoms? So SO tired. DH urged me to get it checked out, turns out my thyroid is low again (I've had hypothyroidism since I was 8). Everyone keeps saying I must have so much energy right now and all I want to do is sleep lol At least there's a reason and they can fix it!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Still a hole in the bathroom cieling...from Thanksgiving. We did finally get new carpet though and I'm in the process of picking out paint colors for baby's room :)

GTKY: If you make resolutions, what's yours for 2017? Find a new job/location and better work/life balance!