July 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise/Fitness Check-In 12/30

Feel free to check-in using the template below or just let us know how you're doing!

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week?

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself? Doesn't have to be a big thing, even small everyday things count!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise/Fitness Check-In 12/30

• Options
    1: How far along are you?  13w3d

2: How was your last week? great- 5 days so far and will go tomorrow for 6 days. 3 lifting/cardio, bike trainer, 2 swimming and a power walk on Christmas Day and average 12k steps a day

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?   5-6 days again and average 12K steps. 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? eh I have a long weekend so just looking forward to family time after shooting or last wedding of the year today 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? WTH have I gained 10# already?! WHY? I have exercised consistently since I got pregnant, even with really bad morning sickness for 6 weeks, and I still made sure to get my protein in and eat as well as I could. I can't even eat that poorly because I'm gluten free anyways! Ahhh just frustrated.  

6: GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself? Doesn't have to be a big thing, even small everyday things count!  The gym is really my "me" time and I love being able to just think about lifting or what I'm doing and focus on that instead of everything else. And then if I workout before work I get showers alone that aren't too rushed!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @JAM85you make the gym sound like a spa! I can never seem motivated enough to actually get my butt up and going. I am naturally a pretty lazy person I think. I wish I could change that! 

1: How far along are you?  10w4d? 

2: How was your last week?
    Pretty good. I got three 3 mile runs in and lots of walking. I finally stopped loading up mindlessly on carbs and started eating more beans, veggies, and snacking on fruits and nuts which I also think helped with the bm pproblems! I did have treats along the way but it's vacation so I'm fine with it 
    3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  
    I go back to work next week and the week after DH will be out of town for like, 2 weeks! Which means I won't have time to run in the morning. I'll try to squeeze in as many runs as possible next week and then just try and survive the two weeks after - January is already super crazy at work so I'll be happy with just surviving, eating well, and showing up on time. 
    4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    I think I'm going to check out a new yoga place that offers more prenatal and Hatha classes this week. 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I definitely feel my body changing right now and I'm not sure if it's everything I was eating or what, but I feel like its way earlier this time. I really need to slow it down!! 
    6: GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself? Doesn't have to be a big thing, even small everyday things count!
    i pamper myself enough with treats, lounging around, reading, etc!! I feel like the best pampering really comes from getting my ass up and active and the feeling I get afterwards is the real payoff. If only I didn't hate the whole getting up out of bed part... 

oh! I love the green juices and smoothies at the juicery near work-that's definitely pampering at $10 a pop!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  13w2d

2: How was your last week? a little tough. 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  no goals per say right now.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I'm cheating so hard this week.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm starting a Whole 30 Challenge and the Plexus trim up challenge next week. I'm so excited!

6: GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself? Doesn't have to be a big thing, even small everyday things count! I do my nails every week. Does that count? 
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  11w5d

2: How was your last week? On vacation for the week, so great for my stress and sleep, awful for working out.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  work out with the trainer twice. I am seriously hoping to get back to healthier foods. I think I can start making some positive breakfast and lunch changes besides the carb fest I've been doing. I'm just still so queasy at dinnertime.  And cooking food makes me want to hurl.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I have my 1st trimester screening on Wednesday, so seeing baby should be a great treat.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? Still down 1 pound from the pre-pregnancy weight, but I definitely Italy feel so much weaker.  I'm really sick of feeling like I can't even plank for 30 seconds.

6: GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself? Doesn't have to be a big thing, even small everyday things count!  Haha good question. I love to shop. Alone.
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  10w5d

2: How was your last week? Did a 2 mile and 2.5 mile run.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Run at least twice: a 2 mile and a 2.5 mile run.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I am still surrounded by so many holiday treats.  I can't help myself!  I also desperately need a haircut and plan on making an appointment this week.

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm sad how out of shape I have gotten.  I used to be a long distance runner.  But then I got injured, and my job got crazy; i just fell off the exercise wagon.  Now running 2 miles is tough.  It's really hard to stay motivated

6: GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself? Doesn't have to be a big thing, even small everyday things count!  Post-Christmas internet sales!  And the apple cider vinegar/clay mask makes my skin feel AMAZING, but it makes a bit of a mess so I don't do it as often as I should.
  • Options

1: How far along are you?  12+4

2: How was your last week? Bad. It's been like a month since I've moved. 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Walk more! And maybe even jog a little. I used to run almost daily, but just haven't felt like it lately. I really want to get back in the swing of things. It's hard to get motivated when I could nap on my lunch hour and it's cold outside. 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Nap ;) I'm not into massages/manis/pedis that sort of thing. 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? I got a decent walk in today. I felt better today than I have in awhile so I'm hoping I'm on the upswing and get moving again. 

6: GTKY: What is your favorite thing to do to pamper yourself? Doesn't have to be a big thing, even small everyday things count! Probably a warm bath. I don't really pamper myself. (See #4)
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons between a toddler running around at home and working 3 jobs the gym is my sanctuary! I grew up a swimmer and did it into college then a lot of different sports and competitions after so being active is built in at this point and I get very restless and anxious when I go more than a day without doing something even a walk. My husband will even tell me to go because I'm being crabby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's fantastic, @JAM85! I get really crabby, too but I'm like an overtired toddler until I force myself to just get up and go! 

• Options
    @Twinkiedoll SAME!! I used to run marathons (well, okay, 2 full, a few halves from 2009 - 2010, then got pregnant with my first) and with work and my diastasis recti, it's really hard for me to run longer distances. I ran my first half post pregnancy just last year finally and felt great. 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons: I've run two marathons too!  I used to do 10 milers and half marathons pretty regularly. I don't know if my knee can ever handle running that type of distance again. 

I am training for a 8.5 mile run (will probably walk/jog) on Presidents' Day. I am training with DH to encourage him to lose weight. We signed up for this race before I got pregnant. I really want to stick with it. My husband used to be my running partner but he is even more unhealthy than I am now. This race was our resolution to get healthy again. My doctor gave his ok but said he is reserving the right to change his mind as the date gets closer.  Fingers crossed!