January 2017 Moms
Options

Breech at 38 weeks and crushed :(

Baby decided to flip breech and I'm just 10 days away from due date. I've gone through Bradley Method classes and was set on an unmedicated vaginal birth. This news is absolutely devastating to me. I've tried the positions to try and flip him and have remained active during pregnancy with walking and yoga -- basically everything they tell you to do to get baby into position. I will likely have the version procedure for the doc to try and flip him manually tonight but this isn't always successful and may be painful. It might also send me into labor and if he doesn't flip a c-section is required. In the meantime I'm going to try some voodoo magic at an acupuncture clinic this morning and you'll find me standing on my head while wrapping holidays gifts. Just had to put this somewhere as I'm feeling super down but am trying to remain positive.
Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

Re: Breech at 38 weeks and crushed :(

• Options
    Aww I'm sorry. Good luck with the version! 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I hope the version is successful! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im sorry! Hope the version or your "voodoo" works and baby turns.
  • Options
    Try not to worry! There is still time for baby to flip. Check out spinning babies.com. It gives you some great tips on trying to turn baby by putting your body in different positions. 

And just to add, I've had 2-sections and am about to have my 3rd. You are still giving birth! I work just as hard to give my babies life as a vaginal delivery, so try not to feel devastated. 

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I really hope that the version and voodoo get baby back head down! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    Good luck with your version! It's totally ok to be disappointed if you aren't able to have the birth you envisioned, but hopefully seeing your little one at the end will help put a positive spin on the process.
    *************************************************************************************************************Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks @JessWeck! I have been doing a lot of those exercises for a while. Nothing so far. Still going in for the procedure at 5 and have my fingers crossed!
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• Options
    I am right there with ya. Same scenario only I will be 37 weeks Wednesday and will be having my version then. Good luck to you!! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Hopefully having a little time to adjust to the idea of a csection will be helpful.  I had a breech baby with my first and wasn't a fan of surgery, but overall it went really well and I had a good recovery.  I hope yours is the same!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    AmyKDuffy said:
    Just an update - version was unsuccessful. :( I will say though for any facing this procedure that it isn't that bad. I had heard horror stories about how bad it hurts. Yes, it does hurt but it's not for a long time. Just put your labor relaxation techniques into practice! You will feel sore the next day. Anyway, we are just going to wait it out at this point and plan on heading to the hospital a little earlier for a cesarean when labor begins. I think that no matter what it's still best to let this little guy come on his own time rather than scheduling something, and hey, maybe he will even decide to turn around! Happy holidays to you all!
    So sorry to hear it wasn't successful. I love your positive outlook though! Baby still has time to flip, and if not, the end result is just as sweet <3 Wishing you luck! 
  • Options
    I'm sorry the version didn't work out :( best wishes for these final two weeks, and I hope the c-section goes well if you do end up needing one.
  • Options
    Sorry the version didn't work, hopefully he turns on his own. Good luck.
  • Options
    Sorry the version didn't work!
    I have been going to a chiropractor for the Webster technique, which is supposed to align the pelvis to ensure there's room for the baby to flip. 
    I was lucky that my baby flipped 2 days before my scheduled version.  Not sure if it was the chiro that did it, but it doesn't hurt to try. (Especially since it has helped w my SI joint pain and I have been sleeping better)
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    Wishing you lots of luck.  Hang in there.  You will be in my thoughts.  Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You're doing all the right things, so you should feel proud of yourself for that. I'm worried I'll be in a similar position: I'm 36 weeks and have my version scheduled for 37 weeks. I was also hoping for an unmedicated natural birth, but -- as my mom wisely told me at my baby shower -- it's better once you realize you're not in control. Sending you good vibes no matter what path the birth takes!
  • Options
    Just wanted to throw out some encouragement- my version was successful today! As long as he stays put we are in business for a vaginal birth. However, in my experience it was incredibly painful and I even had an epidural! I had two doctors working on me at once and it was just terrible. It only took about 30 minutes, so it was quick, but I am quite sore now. Nothing too bad though. Still going to try for unmediated birth as long as everything is ok! So in case anyone else has this problem, it is possible it can work out!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    just a heads up - OP had her baby on 12/26.  Check out pics in the Birth Announcements thread...congratulations @AmyKDuffy!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats @AmyKDuffy! Glad to hear your recovery is going well.

My c/s is scheduled for 1/16 due to Baby A being breech. Baby B is transverse, not that it matters since A needs to lead the way. I'll be 38+2 so we'll see if I make it that far. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17