August 2017 Moms

Repeat C-Section (RCS)

I'll be having a repeat c-section. And by repeat, I mean my FOURTH! Has anyone had this many c-sections, or is also having their 4th? I'm really nervous about it this go round, but my OB says it's the safest route (and I trust her). I guess I'm looking for some reassurance, as this is another major surgery. I'm also more than likely getting my tubes tied at the same time, and that's adding to my anxiety. Anyone else in the same boat? 

Re: Repeat C-Section (RCS)

• I'm having my 2nd. I love my doctor and she did an amazing job with my first. My son is 18 months old and the scar has been basically invisible for several months. When I went for my annual visit in November she was looking for the scar.  I was terrified the first go round as I'd never had surgery and I was going to have a newborn on top of recovery. I'm a little nervous this time to have a 2 year old on top of it, but I'm hoping everything goes as smoothly this time.  
  • I'm having my 2nd. I love my doctor and she did an amazing job with my first. My son is 18 months old and the scar has been basically invisible for several months. When I went for my annual visit in November she was looking for the scar.  I was terrified the first go round as I'd never had surgery and I was going to have a newborn on top of recovery. I'm a little nervous this time to have a 2 year old on top of it, but I'm hoping everything goes as smoothly this time.  
    Trusting and liking your OB is important. Mine has done the previous 3 without a hitch, so I should take some relief in that (and you should as well with your doc)! Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly for the both of us! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be having a RCS. I'm interested to have my first appointment and ask how it all works with my doctor since last time was a big emergency c-section with a team of ER doctors I had never met after 36 hours of unmediated labor. 
  • maebee87 said:
    I'll be having a RCS. I'm interested to have my first appointment and ask how it all works with my doctor since last time was a big emergency c-section with a team of ER doctors I had never met after 36 hours of unmediated labor. 
    We had an emergency c-section the fist time too.  His cord was wrapped around his neck, but thankfully I had only been in labor for 10 hours (and medicated too)! 

From experience, it's great having a RCS when the baby stays put for the scheduled surgery (like #3 did). However, if baby decides to come early, and you are in active labor (like #2 did), it added a bunch of additional anxiety & all those wonderful/horrible things that come with labor! 

Good luck, mama! 
  • I will be having repeat c section #3, so not as many.  A scheduled c section was way better than the emergency one.

I am nervous about having another c section though, more scar tissue, and all of the possible complications.  I also really liked my doctor, and plan to have the same doctor this time as well.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker