October 2016 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday 12.27.16

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday 12.27.16

• Options
    MIL is a TW. She came over on Christmas and didn't tell anyone she was sick. She held LO all day. Now me and H feel like crap. So far LO is good but I really hope she doesn't get sick because I'm not ready for that. You never think about when you are planning for a baby how you getting sick can be very difficult. STM+, how do you cope and try to get yourself better and is it possible to avoid getting all your germs on LO? I'm used to being able to lay around and rest all I want but clearly that's impossible now  :(.  And i forget not to kiss all over LO because she's so cute.
  • Options
    Oh man, I hate when sick people don't think to keep their distance. I actually came down with the flu a few weeks after DD was born in 2011- I wore one of those paper face masks to keep exposure to my breath and germs minimal, and washed my hands constantly. As far as taking care of yourself, just do what you would normally do as best you can as long as it doesn't interfere with breastfeeding or anything like that. Rest when you can, and I'm a personal fan of chicken noodle soup, hot teas, and all those old timey comfort remedies :)
    That's about all you can really do I think, I hope you and your H start feeling better soon, and LO dodges the germs!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no I remember when my SIL came to see me at the hospital when the baby was born, with her 3 kids who were all coughing and sneezing everywhere. I just think some people don't think about getting the baby sick or are inconsiderate. Like @AllyTheKid mentioned lots of chicken noodle soup and hot tea with honey and lemon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I hope you're feeling better and doing well @Ladybug2821:)
  • Options
    Thanks @AllyTheKid. I'm still feeling pretty bad. I woke up completely drenched in sweat this morning so hopefully that means the fever is completely gone. H is feeling better and so far it doesn't seem like LO has been effected. Fingers crossed it stays that way.