February 2017 Moms

Shiz Just Got Real

This thread has been posted on other BMBs and it looks like it's our turn ladies! What has happened that has made you realize in just a few weeks we'll be having babies?

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Shiz Just Got Real

• Loading the player...
  • edited December 2016
    Most of the previous boards had a thread for their "getting real" moments. Not really specific to labor... But, we can always turn it into a GIF party instead if we don't want it.  :p

ETA: Clearly I misunderstood you on first read @Partyof6? But yeah, that is what got me thinking too!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl I had a dream the other night you and @Gretchypoo had your babies, and this really freaked me out. 
  • @WinchesterGirl I had a dream the other night you and @Gretchypoo had your babies, and this really freaked me out. 
    LOL no, please! Over Christmas my MIL told my mom she didn't think I was going to make it to February. My mom told me in a "roll your eyes. your MIL is an idiot" kind of way but still-- nope! This baby is staying in!
  • Oh wow @scifichick09! I was wondering when that could start to happen. I guess it's any day now!
  • The fact that I have 34 days or less until LO makes an appearance. DD came a week early so I'm already freaked out it will be more like 30 or less days! I'm so not ready!! 
  • I think for me it was last week hitting single digit number of weeks left. That and the 32 week U/S that happened this morning which felt like it was scheduled out a million years from the anatomy scan. I'm still trying to stay calm, I have a shower on the 11th and one on the 14th then DH and I are buying everything left on our registry and I'll feel better. I also wanted to paint the nursery but since the room is already blue DH wants to leave it. I wanted to paint it grey or green, we shall see. Maybe I'll get a little bit of grey or green paint and just do an accent wall or something. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I bought nursery paint yesterday! I don't think ish has gotten all that real yet for me, though it probably should. I'm hoping we can paint on Sunday and then I think it'll be all downhill with setting up furniture, going through DS's infant stuff, shower...
  • @Lafreeman21 wins for the gif. bahahaha so true, sooo true. 

• I only have two appts left before pre op 
     :o 
  • - everyone telling me how huge I looked over the holidays. 
    - fact that I met DD1 only 4wks from now (induction)
    - time to start making weekly appointments
    - expiration dates on food
    - I think it'll especially hit me that "shiz is gonna get real" in two days when it's January! Which means I can say "next month" when ppl ask when I am due. 
  • @kjd291 yes to the expiration dates!

We still haven't unpacked all our moving boxes from August *hangs head in shame* and I told myself not to go crazy with the baby stuff until that is out of my hair. I mean, we have the big stuff from DD and the baby clothes, so pretty much the only thing I need to to is pack my hospital bag, but still...

My "moment" came this morning when I squeezed milk out in the shower. Like, ok, body is ready, why is the rest of me not on board with the program???
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• @becbec28 I see you, LB!  Don't forget to holler when you do need to go in!