February 2017 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change (12/28)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: if you celebrate the holidays, what was your favorite present or memory? 

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change (12/28)

• 35 weeks. 

Pineapple. 

Next Wednesday - strep B culture and an internal exam. Ahh!

Not much changing here. Besides my weight going up. I blame Christmas cookies. 

I cant believe in 35 days or less, I'm going to have another baby.. reality hasn't hit me yet. We're going to get our hospital bag together today. 

My favorite gifts were my ergo and new stroller! 
  • How far along are you? 32 weeks

How big is baby? Armadillo

When is your next appointment? tomorrow morning for U/S to check and see if my placenta moved up

Symptom changes? The urgency in which I need to pee is increasing. I think I'm just going to start having timed bathroom stops rather than waiting to feel the need to pee b/c I've had a couple of close calls for not making it.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Monday was awful, our 7hr car trip home from my parents turned into 10 hrs b/c of weather and general traffic (plus frequent pee breaks but the majority was the traffic). It was way too long. DH drove the whole way and I felt kind of bad b/c we usually split it 50/50 but he wanted me to be able to relax so that was really nice of him.

GTKY: if you celebrate the holidays, what was your favorite present or memory? My favorite present is probably my snoogle from my ILs. I love that thing and waited way too long for it b/c I just couldn't justify spending the money myself but now that I have it, it's amazing! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    32 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Squash :)

January 12th

Symptom changes? 
    More heartburn and more swelling

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    I'm in serious nesting mode. Just spent way too much money on Amazon for things that I probably don't need.

We got our jogging stroller!
  • VastraVastra member
    edited December 2016
    How far along are you? 35w today

How big is baby? As big as a party bag of Tostitos Hint of Lime Chips

When is your next appointment? Tuesday 1/3, to check flippage and talk about options if she hasn't turned yet.

Symptom changes? Increased hip pain, constipation (now with bleeding 'roids! Whee!), and all the baby brain (recent highlights: put my thong on sideways, drained the battery on my new Mom Car by leaving the headlights on all night, lost my phone and found it in the washing machine, luckily without washing it. Seriously. I think I need a handler and probably a helmet.) 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I have had this conversation at least four times in the last week:
    Them: When are you due?
    Me: January 30.
    Them: Oh wow, do you think you'll have a New Year's Eve baby? THAT would be cool!
    Me: .....

DH gave me a bunch of onesies and baby socks, and it was so absolutely touching and such a symbol of his journey- he went from barely being able to discuss babies to at least not ignoring the topic, to being the one to initiate TTC, to being freaked out by my BFP to gradually becoming so supportive and excited. He's going to be an awesome dad. Oh, and he gave me a really great external monitor for my laptop, to facilitate my WAHMing. 

Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • 33 weeks

Next appointment is in one week (next Wednesday), which is the start of having appointments every week.

Symptoms- I've been having more Braxton Hicks when just standing up and walking around the room. Not fun!

Rant: Every time I see my next door neighbor, she points at me and says, "Oh my god, when are you due again!?" Me: February. (Grr!)
    I was telling my MIL this story at Christmas and she informs me that I don't realize how big I'm getting. Gee thanks. :(

GTKY: Seeing my 4 year old's excitement for Christmas this year was the best part. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    33 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Ferret!
    Monday. 2 hr glucose test. Sigh.
    Symptom changes? 
    So much kicking. 
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    Sitting is super uncomfortable and laying down even more so. I'm pretty sure it wasn't this bad with DD. At least the Swiss ball is getting a ton of use right now.
    I'm going to steal @FreshBakedBrownies answer. DD's enthusiasm and wonder at everything Christmas-related this year was amazing.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019