1st Trimester
Options

Implantation bleeding?

vkitchen6943vkitchen6943 member
edited December 2016 in 1st Trimester
I was supposed to start my period on Dec 21st. It never came. Last night when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was some light pink spotting, but very light. Same today. But a week after I was supposed to start? I thought implantation was a week before or right around the same time as my period? 

Re: Implantation bleeding?

• Options
    I was supposed to start my period on Dec 21st. It never came. Last night when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was some light pink spotting, but very light. Same today. But a week after I was supposed to start? I thought implantation was a week before or right around the same time as my period? 
    If you're a week late why haven't you taken a test? 
  • Options
    QFP.

As PP said, why haven't you just taken a test? Also, it's against TOU to ask if you could be pregnant (even if you are doing it a roundabout way i.e. implantation bleeding).
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Implantation bleeding is very rare. There can also be a lot of reasons for a delayed period. Just test that will give you your answer
  • Options
    I have taken tests at home and they are all negative. 
  • Options
    I wasn't asking if I was pregnant, I was asking about implantation bleeding. I don't know what TOU is, my apologies if my post was not allowed. I had no idea i wasn't allowed to ask about pregnancy symptoms. 
  • Options
    Actually, I was trying to ask why would I be spotting a week after a missed period. Thanks for the support though! 
  • Options
    I have taken tests at home and they are all negative. 
    If it were implantation bleeding it would've happened several days before your expected period.
    If you were supposed to start your period a week ago, and have had multiple negative HPTs, then you are not pregnant.   It Sounds like the spotting was a very light period
  • Options
    Why you are spotting could again be so many things. There is a common phrase around the bump you are regular untio your not. 
  • Options
    I wasn't asking if I was pregnant, I was asking about implantation bleeding. I don't know what TOU is, my apologies if my post was not allowed. I had no idea i wasn't allowed to ask about pregnancy symptoms. 
    Implantation bleeding may or may not be a thing. What to Expect says only 1/3 of women experience it. And it can only be confirmed in hindsight, so it's really not that helpful. Two months while we were trying to conceive I had what I could of sworn was implantation bleeding. Spotting significantly earlier than when my period started when I typically only spot a day and a half or so before. I wasn't pregnant. The month I actually got pregnant? Not even the tiniest speck of blood. The only thing you can do is continue to take pregnancy tests. 

Also not knowing what the Terms of Use are is not an excuse. You agreed to follow them when you signed up whether you read them or not. 
  • Options
    @vkitchen6943 TOU is terms of understanding. As others have said, you agree to follow them when you sign up. There is a post called Bump Guidelines that is pinned on this board - I'd suggest reading it.

And, a negative pregnancy test means that you are not pregnant at this time. My guess is that your spotting a week after a missed period is either a light period, or the start of your period. As others have said, you are regular until you're not. If your period hasn't come in another week, take another test. If you go 60 days with no period, call your doctor.
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    My last bout of implantation bleeding was 5 days after my missed period. But, it was brown. Brown indicates old blood. Pink or red usually indicates active bleeding. Perhaps you just have a wonky cycle this month, or maybe it was a chemical pregnancy? Either way, if your tests were negative but you think you could still be pregnant, you should see a doctor for a blood test.
    BabyFruit Ticker