July 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

What's driving you up the wall today?

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Can I say myself? I ripped our own blinds off our bedroom windows. They were cheap and crappy. I got sick of it being such a hassle to open them. Went to the store and got more. However I couldn't find the drill so I have to wait for dh to get home to put them up. I feel bad that as soon as he gets home he has to put them up but they're not that much work. I'm just irritated with myself for taking the old ones down since now I'm laying in bed with all the windows shining in and I want to take a nap. 
  • Wtf to people wanting to deliver babies early bc they're "done being pregnant". FTR this is about my SIL, she's going around saying the ultrsound machine predicted she was going to have her baby 3 weeks early, but she's "ready to pop" anyway so it's ok, she's just done.
  • Loading the player...
  • @morgarita That's so something i would do. I actually just replaced ours with room-darkening cellular ones and I'm super thrilled.
  • WTF to my co-worker who came in today, despite having the stomach flu. :expressionless:
  • My work is putting on an NYE event which could have been a huge hit but instead is going to be a huge flop.  I'm the only person in the building with actual events experience (I am trying to make a career out of it and duh, my title is 'Events Assistant.'  Although I am an assistant to absolutely no one and I'm more of a glorified party planner.  No, I am not coming back after my maternity leave! lol) and they didn't ask me to be a part of the planning.  Now everything is going wrong and I'm sitting here making lists in my head of all the reasons why.  I keep trying to tell them but they are just so stubborn that they won't listen.  So I'm going to let them burn since they won't let the person with the experience raise them from the dead.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Possibly unpopular, but people piss me off more than normal anymore, so here we go. People on facebook who post happy sappy, omg he is my soul mate (ok I guess specifically women, I haven't seen men do this) nonsense on their page when they've been dating the person for approximately 3 weeks, and then two months later they break up, and they have to post super I am a strong woman, he was just a jerk and didn't deserve me, when will I ever find a good man whine fests, and then two weeks later have a new "beau" and start it all over again. Grow up, figure out what love is, and stop acting like you and your extreme fantasies about men and what they should be in a relationship has NOTHING to do with the fact that your relationships don't last. Especially because you're in your twenties. It's one thing for a teenager in high school who is still figuring out what a relationship is to do it, it's another thing entirely for a 25 year old who is going for a masters to do it. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @kat0607 if she really has the stomach flu wtf why get everyone else sick? That shits really contagious and how do you work like that. Or does she have an upset stomach and wants sympathy? I was at work before my symptoms started I had no idea til dh texted me saying he was sick and then an hour later all of a sudden. Everyone else at work got sick I felt so bad. 
  • The fact that my husband acts like he is dying when he doesnt feel well. 

I'm over here dealing with R.A. (and dealing with a flare up), feeling sick myself, take care of our toddler, oh and I'm carrying our 2nd child.

Sorry, I just had to rant, lol!
  • Wtf to my coworker who made a big deal about not being notified of one of our systems getting shut down which affects his project. Multiple people asked if he got my email(I sent it weeks ago), he literally said "I just deleted it", this is the second meeting in three weeks where this is an issue. 

Not my problem dude, I did my part, maybe you need to read my f-ing emails. You get zero sympathy from me. 
    Lilypie - (FR0w)
  • Wtf to my brother and SIL who let my nieces (ages 8 and 15) play on their iPads rather than help AT ALL with dinner prep or clean up. I'm talking, leaving their dirty plates and glasses at the table until I finally take them to the kitchen before I go to bed. I am pregnant, I have a toddler, and I am cooking for 7. Maybe someone could get up and help? Anyone? (DH is being wonderful - he's off the hook.)
  • @ashaw512 - don't ya just want to wish people like that an extra long pregnancy? This is my first pregnancy, so I try not to predict how I'll feel at 8-9 months pregnant, but it drives me nuts when women try to be induced early or do things hoping to cause labor when they still have a few weeks to go. I keep having people tell me "you'll be begging for that doctor to get that baby out." OR maybe I won't. Maybe I'll actually want my baby full term. 
  • @ashaw512 and @ginger1228 - I have known too many people like this.  I have known friends and relatives who went to their doctor with fake symptoms to encourage them to induce early or to convince the doctor they need a c-section. It drives me crazy!  IMO, they should be thankful their baby is still in there safe and sound and growing each and every day.  I have no sympathy when they whine to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ashaw512 I feel you. I couldn't get off my left side for 3 weeks in my attempt to make it to 40 weeks (which I did accomplish btw!). I cant believe others would compromise their kids safety for their own marginal comfort. 
  • @ashaw512 I have an aunt who drank Castor oil 4 weeks before her actual due date because she was positive that she was due earlier and all the doctors and midwives were wrong. So of course when she showed signs of early labor without any reason they wanted her to stay at the hospital, she freaked the hell out and left AMA and ended up going to an entirely different hospital because she was so pissed that they had stopped her labor. To this day only her, her husband, and I know she drank the oil, she's a crazy for sure. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Yall, I was overdue. Of course I was ready but not 3 weeks. She thinks her baby is just big enough that he can come anytime now. You're pregnant, you're growing a tiny human of course it's uncomfortable. Feet in your ribs, aches and pains, but to have him early just because you want to be done with pregnancy. No, sit down and shut up. 
  • @kat0607 I'd be pissed if one of my colleagues came in with the flu!!

Ironically, my WTF does in fact go to one of my colleagues. She has 7mo old twin boys. I know she tried for a long time for them, and I get "spoiling" them to some extent. I also realize that I am no where near a minimalist, but holy s%#$, she just came in my office to show me all the photos of them opening Christmas gifts (by them I mean her and her husband, since a 7 mo old baby has no idea what's going on). I kid you not, among the giant pile was two tricycles that I guarantee are for kids 2 and up, plus some speed racer thing that she admitted was for ages 4 and up but "was a really good deal." This, my friends, is how we create spoiled brats.

I just couldn't help but think of Dudley Dursley in my head...
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• My WTF Wednesday goes to my emotions. its kinda heavy so I apologize.

I snuggled my 15 month old all night just holding him, and realizing my own mortality and the fact that life is going so, so fast. I just cried for hours, sobbed really, about the fact that someday this won't be my life. I won't have adorable babies around who love me and think I'm amazing. Gosh, how ridiculous! Just the uncertainty of the future has me borderline terrified. I'm a Christian, and try to be a good person but all the sudden I'm wondering if it's enough. We don't go to church mainly because I can't find one I enjoy. I'm not scared to die because of my beliefs but I'm terrified of this amazing phase of our life to end. I have elderly, sick grandparents....and watching them decline is awful. I don't ever want that to happen to my DH or myself. 

I just need these emotions to CHILL. 
  • @ashaw512 Feel free to send her my way.  I'll be glad to be the horror story that convinces folks that an extra week or 2 really can make the difference.  

I admit I was "done" being pregnant with my July DS1 at 38 weeks because I didn't know any better.  The worst I did was walk around the mall; he still didn't come until the planned C.  Now I'd give anything just to make it to at least 37 weeks.  I love the NICU for what they do, but I'd also love to not have to go there again.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ashaw512 My water broke at 38w1d with DS, and he was 5 lbs. 15 oz. The 7th percentile or something. So much pressure to keep him eating! I was constantly nervous and pumping like nuts just to make sure he put on weight. I was happy he came on his own, I just don't know why he came when he was still so little!
  • Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited December 2016
    kerils said:
    Possibly unpopular, but people piss me off more than normal anymore, so here we go. People on facebook who post happy sappy, omg he is my soul mate (ok I guess specifically women, I haven't seen men do this) nonsense on their page when they've been dating the person for approximately 3 weeks, and then two months later they break up, and they have to post super I am a strong woman, he was just a jerk and didn't deserve me, when will I ever find a good man whine fests, and then two weeks later have a new "beau" and start it all over again. Grow up, figure out what love is, and stop acting like you and your extreme fantasies about men and what they should be in a relationship has NOTHING to do with the fact that your relationships don't last. Especially because you're in your twenties. It's one thing for a teenager in high school who is still figuring out what a relationship is to do it, it's another thing entirely for a 25 year old who is going for a masters to do it. 
    I totally hear what you're saying, and agree with you... However, at 36 I feel that the entirety of our "twenties" is meant to be spent in this roundabout cycle of projecting fantasies and over expectations on relationships, only to be disappointed over and over again. How else do you learn?

Honestly, I am surprised that so many ladies on here are so young and already married and having babies, because I was not ready for all of this in my twenties. But I'm not judging, if you find the right partner in your twenties then great, lucky you! In my experience though (I only know 2 couples in my life that met and married young and are still together now, 10 to 15 years later). In my mind 25 is still really young, you're still figuring out who you are at that point and also what love is... and it takes experiences and time to really mature and see the truth of yourself and others. Just my thoughts. But yes, the annoying posts some people make to advertise their emotional peaks and valleys is too much.

*edited because I left out a few words.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • @LoveLee85 I think about those kinds of things too. This will be our first baby, but I feel like I'm going to like the baby stage the best, and I'll be the best parent until like 5, and then my husband is probably going to win out. Just the way our personalities are, and all of my good experiences are with little ones. So I'm already scared. Plus, it's our first baby, so this will be a huge change for us, and we're not exactly where we wanted to be when we started to have kids. About a year later would have been ideal, and we had even very briefly started to talk about it, but then this little jelly bean showed up. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @Sassenach1743 thank you. This Internet stranger needed that! Many thanks to you. I actually cried reading that. 

@morgarita All growing up my parents didn't update the pictures in the hallway. So all of them were from infant to about 5 years old. They said it helped them from shipping me off to boarding school as a teen. Ha! All joking aside, they said it was some of their best memories. I started sobbing last week because I realized my DS is 15 months old now and we don't have a family pic(that isn't a selfie head shot)! It's just going so fast...I think that's part of my emotions. And it kind of makes me said that we have so much fun everyday and to think he will not remember the past 15 months of his life that have been so amazing?! I know it will help shape him as a happy soul, but it still makes me sad. 

I guess its just just an emotional day for me! Time, please slow down..
  • Wtf to my 3 year old. Like really? Just wtf?
  • @kerils - I'm in my early 30s (didn't get married until 29) and I always think the same! I dated a guy for quite a few years in my college years and am SO glad I didn't settle down then and marry him. I wasn't remotely ready. Some people definitely are and that's great - but that wasn't me. But now I'm soo sick of hearing about my age and how I'm older - most everyone in my family had children when they were 20-25ish, so they think I'm old to be having my first child. I always want to snap back at them that I was the first person in my family to graduate college and I (and these people) grew up without a lot of money, so it was important to me to have all that in a row first. 

I could go on and on about how crazy it drives me, but you get the point. ;) 
  • I could totally understand some people may be less emotionally mature than others, but I personally married at 23, had first baby at 26, and now pregnant with #2 at 28, and I am absolutely certain of my choice and honestly believe there's no other guy out there for me except for my annoying husband. 
    Same. I met my DH at 18 and would have married him the next day had he asked me(spoiler-he didn't LOL)! 
  • I could totally understand some people may be less emotionally mature than others, but I personally married at 23, had first baby at 26, and now pregnant with #2 at 28, and I am absolutely certain of my choice and honestly believe there's no other guy out there for me except for my annoying husband. 
    Same here except I was 19 when we got married. Met when I was 13 and I actually wrote in my journal that I would marry him someday. We've been married almost 5 years but we were best friends for 6 years before that and I don't think there is anyone better for me than him. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• DH and I became friends when we were 16. We went on our first date at 18 and that night I told my mom I was going to marry him. We didn't get married until we were 24 though! I can't imagine life with anyone else. 
    Yeh I don't think it's necessarily about maturity either. I think some people (like you) are just lucky to find someone they love and whom they can grow with earlier than others.  It makes for a different sort of journey.  I personally got married at 37 - and I think there is something to be said about coupling up when you're ehem a bit more set in your ways, and not so pliable.  

@ginger1228 I don't know if there is ever a good time or such a thing as being 'perfectly ready' for baby.  But there are perks to being more stable.  I had quite a bit of wanderlust in my twenties, so having a baby then would have been interesting eek!  Btw early thirties - bah!  That's not late!
    I totally agree with this!  I married my husband right after graduating from college at 23 and now at 29, we're having our 3rd child.  I think it also has a lot to do with where you live.  I'm from Texas and most of my friends my age have 2 or 3 kids,  but my cousin from the North thinks I'm crazy for having 3 before I'm 30.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF to the never ending illnesses plaguing my 3 children. In the past 10 days we have been to the pediatrician 3x and this am was spent in the ER. I am done and now getting sick myself. Seriously between croup, bronchitis and ear infections I feel like my children will never be heathy again. Not to mention between my husband and kids someone has been sick ever since we found out I was pregnant, making it hard to stay excited, or get any rest. So ready for 2017
  • @yellow1daisy I'm with you, too! DH and I started dating a month before we turned 15. Then again, we didn't get married until 25 and I'll be 30 when this LO is here. We take our time with big things, but our love for each other has never faltered!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• My messy house  :/ I'm usually such a good housekeeper, but my job, my baby, my husband being home after a bad car accident, and the constant nausea...I just can't. I can't bring myself to spend money on a house cleaner, so I'm just stuck with the mess until I'm feeling better haha. I cleaned the bathroom tonight!! So that's progress! 
  • WTF to the never ending illnesses plaguing my 3 children. In the past 10 days we have been to the pediatrician 3x and this am was spent in the ER. I am done and now getting sick myself. Seriously between croup, bronchitis and ear infections I feel like my children will never be heathy again. Not to mention between my husband and kids someone has been sick ever since we found out I was pregnant, making it hard to stay excited, or get any rest. So ready for 2017
    I'm sorry hun! We've had a rough go the past few months too, I'm ready for fresh starts and Spring time. 
  • I love having the week off... but I have a bit of work I need to clear out before the new year and my work security fob thing broke! I COULD go into the office... but ugh. 

• I love having the week off... but I have a bit of work I need to clear out before the new year and my work security fob thing broke! I COULD go into the office... but ugh. 

Going into the office suuuucks. I'm sorry mama
  • @caribbeanmama - agreed. I don't think anyone is ever 100% ready!

I didn't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers about the age thing. I have nothing bad to say about people who get married younger than I was. It's just annoying to hear it from people that I'm old bc I didn't do things on their timeframe.