February 2017 Moms

Appointments: Week of December 26

2»

Re: Appointments: Week of December 26

• I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning to see if my placenta moved up and the doctor said they'll also check on the baby's measurements. I'm excited to see him again which is a good feeling since I was so nervous before my other 2 ultrasounds. It sounds funny because now is probably when I should start worrying but I kind of feel the opposite and I'm relaxing a bit and just going with the flow. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead, but my c-section is only 2 days before my due date. I have a feeling she's going to be a big girl! 
  • Normal 32 week checkup for me this morning as well.  I was really relieved to hear that BP and everything was good because I've had horrible headaches for the last 5 or 6 days.  Was told to try benedryl at night (thinking the headaches are sinus/allergy related) and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.  I'll gladly suffer through a few more headaches knowing that there doesn't seem to be any danger to LO at this point!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 34week check up this morning! Everything is looking good. We scheduled baby girl's birthday! next appt we meet with the surgeon! So excited!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @NiceyMeany I would opt out of cervix checks. They're not comfortable and don't do anything :p 
  • @NiceyMeany I would opt out of cervix checks. They're not comfortable and don't do anything :p 
    Agreed 100%
  • I was anxious for them to check towards the end of my pregnancy to know if I was dilated and it was the worst decision. She was so high up there the doctor couldn't even feel anything but made a really concerted effort to. This was me  :o  :s
  • homemake said:
    @NiceyMeany I would opt out of cervix checks. They're not comfortable and don't do anything :p 
    Agreed 100%
    I'll definitely talk to my doc about this. I saw a different OB today since my regular doc is on vacation, but I really trust my OB and will be interested in her opinion on this. Thanks, yall. 
  • Went in for my 32 week appointment today (32w3d) and it was the same ol' same ol'. Measuring on track, no concerns blahblah. Got my TDAP shot which didn't hurt at all so I was pleasantly surprised. I got backfor my last 2 week appointment in mid January and then I move to every week, eek!

• FerForShortFerForShort member
    edited December 2016
    My 34 week appointment was business as usual, but I'm officially on once a week appointments with non-stress test each week. We will schedule induction at my 36 week appointment, but it will likely be on 2/1 so long as nothing changes. IM NOT FREAKING OUT. 

Edited because spelling. 
  • @jlellis603 just a heads up my TDAP didn't hurt day of, it was the next couple of days where it felt pretty sore. Nothing too bad but I had thought I was in the clear when I went to sleep with no pain... nope. Hopefully you're lucky and it just doesn't hurt for you! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @jlellis603 just a heads up my TDAP didn't hurt day of, it was the next couple of days where it felt pretty sore. Nothing too bad but I had thought I was in the clear when I went to sleep with no pain... nope. Hopefully you're lucky and it just doesn't hurt for you! 
    Oh jeeze, thanks for the heads up! I hope it doesnt hurt either, i have so much to do this weekend since nesting mode has kicked into high gear!

• @jlellis603 Apparently it hurts a bit more if you've had a tetanus booster in the last 10 years? That's what my doc told me, anyway. For me, it was achy for several days, but not so much when doing things around the house and more when I tried to sleep on it (silly me got it in my left arm, when I could only sleep on my left side...)
  • @poetryandoceans oh weird how those two would be connected! Mine is tender if I touch it but so far so good
    This is me, too. I Was surprised at how little the shot itself hurt, but my shoulder was sore for the next four days. It felt like someone had punched me super hard, and it hurt to raise my arm over my head. Granted, I seem to have that reaction to most shots, but it was worse than, say, a flu shot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Looks like you ladies were right haha. By the time I went to bed, the injection site we pretty sore and it hurt to move. But luckily (?) I'm working in the office today and my fiancé has the day off so he has doggo duty an di wont be throwing Frisbees for 4 hours!
  • Had our 33 week appt today, and everything was great! Little man is measuring about 4 1/2 lbs, and is head down. We got to see his little face, and he has chubby cheeks! Oh, and chubby little buns too :D! It is definitely feeling more real, seeing his actual face shape in there today.

They even were able to see that he has quite a bit of hair. We have started taking guesses on hair color - The most likely is blonde, but there are redheads in both of our families, so anything goes!

My BP was up, but I always get nervous when they have to take it. My urine and swelling were fine, so they weren't worried. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!