February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (12/26)

Re: Weekly Randoms (12/26)

• So grateful for the holiday Monday to recover this year! We had a relaxing morning, made real headway on the nursery and some other home projects, and then spent the evening with friends. Ready to tackle a short week!
  • Loading the player...
  • We had the most chill and relaxed Christmas Day - just hosted a few friends for dinner, and had such good food and I had sparkling apple cider.  And I've still felt like I was hungover all day. So tired ... And I feel like my belly is barely hanging on to not having any stretch marks.  
  • Some of you may remember that my son was diagnosed with pneumonia and a sinus infection last week. Well, the pneumonia got a lot better but we were noticing that his sinuses remained swollen through the treatment and that he had swollen glands in his neck. His eyelids were really puffy too. We spent Christmas Eve at the ER and found out our son has MONO. :disappointed: he honestly can't catch a break! 

Hope everyone else's holiday has been significantly better than ours.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • omg @concreteangell I hope your LO feels better soon-- poor thing!
  • I'm sorry @concreteangell :( Poor little guy! I really hope he starts to feel better soon
  • Oh no @concreteangell I'm so sorry, I hope he can get better soon! 
  • @concreteangell Poor little guy :( that's definitely not fun!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @concreteangell That poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @concreteangell I'm sorry your son has been feeling so bad lately! I hope everything clears up soon for him. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited December 2016
    oh your poor guy @concreteangell !! I hope he starts feeling better.. I've never had mono but I've heard it definitely sucks. Sending hugs to him!!! <3 

We had a nice 4 day trip to visit my family for the holidays! It was a 3.5hr drive, but manageable with an ipad for my 2yo. Glad to have some time with my family, but man am I happy to be back in my own home, with my own comfy bed. One of my Christmas gifts to from my hubby (but picked by me) was a new set of sheets, a duvet & pillows! Ahhhh snuggling in this morning was heaven!
  • Oh no @concreteangell !! Poor little guy. I hope he gets some relief soon.
  • Aw @concreteangell your poor little man & poor you too! Hope hes feeling better soon!
  • Oh man, mono!  @concreteangell , I hope your little guy feels better soon. 
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How did your baby get the kissing disease @concreteangell that is terrible :(
  • How did your baby get the kissing disease @concreteangell that is terrible :(
    I'm assuming some other kid at daycare was contagious (more often then not, when kids get it, it passes itself off as a cold but mine got it BAD) and my son probably shared either a cup, a utensil or both put a toy in their mouth? I'm not sure kids can be pretty gross so I'm not surprised he caught a virus but yeah, mono is always shocking to hear. Especially in kids!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • @MLRocha It is odd to think about! I'm sorry your DH isn't able to be off with you this week! We are both working all week, but man we are looking forward to next weekend. 3 days off, no family commitments!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Get better little @concreteangell! Poor little guy!
  • @concreteangell - sorry to hear that, hope he gets better soon!

• I got zebra print curtains and a new zebra print bed set for Xmas....so now it looks like someone threw up zebra print in my bedroom...I love it lol
  • @MrsDramaK - I will have to take some when I get out of work tonight :)

• The mall i work at was one of the many who had fights break out by a bunch of teens. We had to close 3 hours early. I work at a picture studio and i feel so bad for the appointments who we had to cancel because the kids around here are so stupid 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm not sure where this question would go really so I'm throwing it in here. Has anyone found a nursing cover they like? Obviously, we're not breastfeeding yet, but I'm looking for something and unsure what to go with. There are a lot of covers out there.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Aussie45 said:
    I'm not sure where this question would go really so I'm throwing it in here. Has anyone found a nursing cover they like? Obviously, we're not breastfeeding yet, but I'm looking for something and unsure what to go with. There are a lot of covers out there.
    I got a free one last pregnancy from the same people that do the car seat canopy. I didn't love it but it got the job done. I think we just had to pay shipping. 
  • Does anyone have a maternity support belt?  My doc recommended that I get one and I'm a bit overwhelmed at my options...
  • Does anyone have a maternity support belt?  My doc recommended that I get one and I'm a bit overwhelmed at my options...
    I use the one that target sells, works well, has a place to put a hot/cold pack on your back.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @Aussie45, I like using the Aden and Anise blankets as nursing covers,  I didn't like the ones designed for nursing that I had, but I think it was a freebie Udder Cover.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NiceyMeany Can recommend the Belly Bandit. Also has a place for a hot/cold pack, and it really helps distribute the weight of the belly around. Only thing that got me through my last 3 weeks of work. 
  • @Lafreeman21 jealous!! We paid $100 for ours and the damn thing took 15 weeks (!!) To ship due to backorders and such. Worth it though, that thing is cool